RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

The Punter

Look at any horse running at todays meetings on the TAB site and you will see any stable changes listed. Many have several changes even when a husband and wife training partnership becomes just one partner. Obviously this info is there for the punters, why not the same for the hounds.

I thought they did that for some sort of tax purpose (evasion?).

punkrock...

Please note the following points:

• when It comes to enforcement of, and adherence to, the Rules, there are no "battlers", "big kennels", "major trainers" or any other distinction. Everybody is equal...or supposed to be;
  • the NZGRA are absolutely diabolical when it comes to providing information to relevant parties, and they are manifestly hopeless when it comes to simply managing the day-to-day affairs of a professional industry;
  • nothing will change while people in positions of influence within greyhound racing simply accept the current, manifestly unprofessional and corrupt manner in which the NZGRA operates.

All the best.

Ashoka

Punkrock. You say the dog can and still is being trained by them? How? They wouldn't be working it or feeding it. Sure they could be instructing what they would like the dog to be trained like. The trainers are from the South Island, the dog in the North. If you say it can still be trained by them then I guess the same could be said for a dog racing in New Zealand with a listed Australian trainer giving instructions?

Battlers.. Has the commentator been informed as you say you think it is up to them to tell the public? Are GRNZ giving them the information to be passed on to tell the punter?

Whole different kettle of fish Punk. But yeap let all the trainers line up dogs in whoever's name you want, why not? But would you rather back a dog from the Ahern, Schofield or Fahey kennel or the same dog trained by joe down the road????

If the authorised owner/trainer has advised a kennel change to the Association (regardless of if the association has not advised anyone else or not) the kennel that the dog is in presently should be responsible for a positive swab.. surely.? The R.I.U  could charge both and instruct their  detectives to enquire further for the actual facts...

If the dog returned a positive who would be charged?

It's be down to the paperwork trail I'd say.

86.1 The Owner, Trainer or Person in charge of a Greyhound Nominated to compete in an Race, shall produce the Greyhound for the Race free of any Prohibited Substance.

If the paperwork has the dog in care of someone other than the person listed as the trainer then the burden lies on their shoulders, the way I read the rule.

Who nominated & produced the dog?

Just to put it out there, The Hart/Taylor partnership are actually my in-laws.....

There will be no positive swabs and Emily will return home next week after her stay in the CD.

Thanks all for your concern =)

you don't have to answer to anyone sarah. Doing a great job

you don't have to answer to anyone sarah. Doing a great job

Jason, apparently you have someone to answer to.

You still owe GRNZ $400.00 according to the most current defaulters list, where you've been listed as disqualified as well.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/Files/6%20Defaulters%20List%20-%20Website%2012%20May%202015.pdf

What difference does it make if they are your in laws or not Sarah Voyce? It shouldn't make any difference at all! Its solely for the public and punters knowledge. It would of been far easier to just change the dog over like everyone else does rather than draw attention to yourselves again.

System,

My comment was regarding to the above comments talking about if we got a positive.

Why change the dog into our name??

NZGRA was contacted and we have a letter signed with permission to have Emily in our kennels until June,

Its not our fault the 'punter' weren't made aware of this.

We have done nothing wrong =D

Cheers 

That's great you have told the association BUT there is no rule that I can see that it is "ok" to have a letter. Another poor decision by the GRNZ. As far as why put it in your name? Well the actual "rule" says that after 14 days it needs to be changed. Your case is obviously an exception. GRNZ WELL DONE on another can of worms you have opened!

oh yes why should you change the trainers name LIKE EVERYONE DOES.

the dogs been at your for 2 months most people get in trouble after 3 days but you had a note from your in laws that's ok then.

but you also thought you shouldnt be a swob after winning a race like most peop[le are too.

you certainly know how to suit the rules to fit .

thankfully next week we will know who is back training this dog till next time

That's great you have told the association BUT there is no rule that I can see that it is "ok" to have a letter.

I've previously posted the rule if you've missed it System.

110.3 Any Greyhound domiciled in kennels other than those of its Registered Owner/Trainer and or Registered Trainer in excess of 14 days shall not be entitled to compete or participate in any Race, Qualifying or Satisfactory Trial conducted by a Club, unless permission is first obtained from the Association.

THANK YOU Yankiwi =)  -

We have a letter addressed to us and signed by NZGRA not a note....

I am not even going to get into this. We are small trainers basically what people call hobbie/ nobody trainers.

It really is amazing we even get mentioned on here! lol 

If we get told we are a swab we are more than happy with that but when you don't get told then later on are expected to take your dog for a swab then it changes everything.....

Cheers  

System...Yep well done.. all right, to the Association. Are they too illiterate to post it on the bloody  web site?? By the way,  Is that embarrassment of a General Manager still on the payroll?  As it has already been mentioned  the man at the very  top will deliver all the goods.  Give  your vote again for the status Quo you fools. :) Sarah, you are lucky to have such honourable In Laws ...May Emily travel home to the South Safely and perform.... In my opinion the official  Greyhound site should be a space we can rely on and trust and every conceivable piece of information SHOULD be posted as a priority

System, As the RULE says 110.3 Any Greyhound domiciled in kennels other than those of its Registered Owner/Trainer and or Registered Trainer in excess of 14 days shall not be entitled to compete or participate in any Race, Qualifying or Satisfactory Trial conducted by a Club, ((((unless permission is first obtained from the Association.)))

We got permission from day one... As I said we have done nothing wrong.

Thank you.