RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Huey

Stud Fees - 2015

Hi Classic One, Just reading your post there about Danehill cross. It obviously is a very poor ratio of SW to starters it is even alarming the winners to foals ratio and winners to starters as poor comparing to a modern day successful stallion in Pins. Maybe i'm not comparing apples with apples. Would you have other data available like the Danehill over Zabeel? or other crosses?

Obviously, we get told how good crosses are and what stakes winners they bring but are there tangible figures to go with this that are available on the internet like the ones you have produced about the Danehill inbreeding?

The stats on Danehill lines over Zabeel mares are quite good but in is not as simple as that. I check the sirelines stats with all mares or the broodmare side lines with all stallions to get a better comparison.

Save yourself time and ask any stud for the stats. ( then double check them if you can).

And Zabeel mares have probably been given the better chance being a champion stallion and no doubt about it, he is a top broodmare sire.

But as I have mentioned Danehill over Danehill has failed and Danzig over Danzig has failed also.

Depending on what you want to breed I believe the true race ability of a stallion is important and the strength of the female line.