RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Huey

Stud Fees - 2015

I think probably too expensive for 90% of breeders out there or are there only 10% of us left with one or more mares! Certainly feels like it - Pentire is appealing still leaving winners and currently stock winning over $1.5m this season in Oz - the Aussies still like them :)

Its all a gamble at the end of the day no matter who you go to - but going to proven at least gives you a chance unless you go to a first season sire where buyers are always bullish wanting the next big thing...so it'll be proven for me this year :)

Yep - I'd LOVE to go to Sacred Falls with my mare. They actually share the same 3rd dam, so quite apart from anything else, it would be an interesting cross. But $30K is way too much for my budget I'm afraid.

As it is mine , but he was never going to stand in my budget range. ;0

If true, it sets him up for runaway success! I have liked his foals that I've seen and I reckoned he'd be one to make the grade as a sire.

Generally, all it takes to ensure a stallion's success is to sell him early - look what it did for Fast N Famous! ...and many others, I might add... :)

I sold a CB filly this year and believe it is one of the best we have bred, nice mover, plenty of attitude and good feed back from the trainer that brought her, wife liked her so much she purchased 25% back (against husbands wishes)

Shuttle sires are not helping us one little bit these days.

For me to say that means that I have done a full backward flip.

Having said that I have just heard that Mafi has been signed up for another four years. If that is the case I just might have to use him this year!!!!!!

Multiple Group One winner to Cambridge nursery

22nd Apr 2015

Windsor Park Stud has added a blend of European charm and Group One quality to their stallion roster for 2015.

The Cambridge farm has secured the highest-earning son of the internationally successful stallion Invincible Spirit for the coming breeding season.

Charm%20Spirit%205%20Scoop_066884_023%20Charm Spirit (IRE) (Invincible Spirit)

The Irish-bred Charm Spirit was a juvenile winner in France and also finished third in the Gr.1 Jean-Luc Lagardere before he returned for an outstanding three-year-old season.

He won five of his six starts for trainer Freddy Head with a closing career hat-trick of Group One wins in the Prix Jean Prat, the Prix Moulin de Longchamp and in the Ascot Queen Elizabeth Stakes.

He had also previously claimed the Gr.3 Prix Djebel and finished fifth in the Gr.1 English 2000 Guineas and retired with six wins and two placings from his nine appearances.

“Charm Spirit is a cracking stallion prospect and we’re very proud to join with Sheikh Fahad and the Royal Family of Qatar to make him available on our stallion roster,” Windsor Park Stud co-owner Rodney Schick.

“It’s a real coup for New Zealand as well to get a horse of this calibre, a lot of Australian studs were after him.

“We have been looking for a stallion with the right race record, pedigree and physicality. In Charm Spirit, I believe we’ve found that horse, one which will particularly suit the Australasian conditions and market place where his sire line is performing so well.”

Champion stallion Invincible Spirit’s sire sons include I Am Invincible, whose oldest progeny features the Gr.1 Newmarket Handicap winner Brazen Beau, recently syndicated for $A10 million.

Out of the winning Montjeu mare L’Enjoleuse, Charm Spirit is from the family of champion Australian sire Encosta de Lago and the Group One producer Holy Roman Emperor.

Charm Spirit was inspected in Europe late last year by leading New Zealand bloodstock agent Bruce Perry, who described the stallion as a magnificent individual with a great temperament.

Perry subsequently approached Qatar Racing manager David Redvers to help him secure the stallion.

"Charm Spirit gave Sheikh Fahad, his brothers and father Sheikh Abdullah their greatest ever day on a racecourse when winning the Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot,” Redvers said.

“He is one of the most exciting horses to retire in the world this year and we are delighted to continue to support the New Zealand industry by sending him to Windsor Park."

Charm Spirit will stand for a service fee of $25,000 + GST with a Live Foal Guarantee. â€“ NZ Racing Desk.