RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dunnican

Does Loophole Need Plugging??

Angela Turnwald has  8 starters in a distance race at Hatrick next Wednesday and again Monday.  I would be interested in thoughts on this potential rought that shafts the betting public and potentially other competitors of  around $3000 .00 in lost stakes to the club. Will be interesting to see what revenue these cooked races generate in comparison of stakes paid out. I for one will NOT have a bet and every person I have spoken to likewise.  

Angela Turnwald has  8 starters in a distance race at Hatrick next Wednesday and again Monday.  I would be interested in thoughts on this potential rought that shafts the betting public and potentially other competitors of  around $3000 .00 in lost stakes to the club. Will be interesting to see what revenue these cooked races generate in comparison of stakes paid out. I for one will NOT have a bet and every person I have spoken to likewise.

well done to them. I bet most people would love to be able to have 8 stayers in one kennell

Ahern has had full fields of starters many times recently, albeit not distance racing but what's the difference.

The difference is slim ahern dosent have a reputation for noming 8+ dogs for a race with no real intention of lining all the dogs up leaving a 4, 5 dog feild.

Time will tell but i don't think that's going to be the case with this race in question, this will be a full field of 8. The reason I can safely say this is because when they pull the trick your referring to you will notice that a couple of the dog's nom'd just shouldn't be there ie: a sprinter having first look at anything over 400mtrs or a dog that hasn't been seen for 3 months having it's first start back over 650mtrs....that's not the case with this field.

That was a brave call 2 hours out from start time slim! I do however see ur point. Lets just hope the trainer in question does cut the crap, I thought he might as the pressure was coming on and the races were just not going to be put on if they kept it up.

I've got one small problems with today's distance field.

Today's meet is listed as a "low grade" meet.

The meet consisted of 12 tote races & 1 non-tote race.

There were obviously enough nominations to hold an additional C1 tote sprint instead of the non-tote.

So I question why was a C1D/C2D tote race held in the first place? Is a mid grade (C1D) and a top grade (C2D) considered low grade?

I've got one small problems with today's distance field.

Today's meet is listed as a "low grade" meet.

The meet consisted of 12 tote races & 1 non-tote race.

There were obviously enough nominations to hold an additional C1 tote sprint instead of the non-tote.

So I question why was a C1D/C2D tote race held in the first place? Is a mid grade (C1D) and a top grade (C2D) considered low grade?

Seriously who wants to watch another c1 sprint? That race today was easily the highlight of what was a rather average meeting without it. Regardless of who trains the dog's. As a punter I want to see as many races over 500+ as possible and if that means c1 sprinters miss out then so be it IMO.

Biggest turnover at Wanganui today was on the distance race.   Why?

The race was run with a full 8 dog field.

We need more distance races even if most of the starters are from the same kennel.

Angela Turnbull is not a male but a female and why pick on her?

I hope people don't start picking on other trainers for having too many dogs in a race.

Regards

Robin Wales

I haven't made any allegations. I simply said raceday vets take advice from trainers, ive seen it.

Wrong lowdown you did make an allegation that a trainer was a "dodgy cheat".

So as the rules say prove it or get a holiday from this site

Well well well. Just read the stipes report for today and it appears we could be down to a 4 dog feild for Mondays distance. Whata surprise! Injuries happen u might say, but really how many of these dogs were going to back up!? we all know most race day vets take advice from trainers when giving standdowns/diagnosing injuries. Robin people wont get 'picked

on' if they arent dodgy cheats! And for the record, robin if u were replying to

me calling the trainer a he, I know

angela is a female I also know her

surname is turnwald not turnbull, I was referring to the 'he' she was

formally in training partnership with,

you know the he that took his name out of the partnership due to previous wrongdoings.

im happy for it to run with a few runners. keep carding them and better still do make it a feature...as it was the 'feature' of the day, and surprise surprise it creates the most turnover. Quit the bullsh*t accusations and keep carding these 650s with a decent stake...and you will see other dogs from other trainers line up. 

These races are great for punting, great to get a line on whether a dog can stay rather than cooking him over 700, great to lead up to distance races.....and great for the sport in general. 

You will get strong 500m types that may lead and get on the bunny but fade.....then you get your stayers that dont get 700 winding up properly over 600........and then youll get your genuine stayers you will be powering home.

We need these 600 and 650 to gain momentum, especially as our finish on shortens dogs up, ive been saying this for years....the dogs chase harder but a 700m i aus now becomes a 600m dog....and will sit in no mans land without the early speed to compete at 500m level or fuel in the tank for the grueling 779's etc. 

Our racing dogs need these races, and furthermore if you card nzrs distance races over 650 etc, you wont get the straight finals.....or even the noms to run at all.