RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

C/Crouch M/Roberts

What are people's thoughts on the trainer not informing stipes his dog was spewing up either before or after his derby heat on Thursday ? ( presumably before based on Wassas post ). Is this not something that is important info for punters and is definitely something that would alter any Atheletes performance?

Rather interestingly the dog is lining up AGAIN today, just 4 days after being sick.

Now I have no reason not to believe Warren Bronson, he does after all own the dog... I'm just wondering where the punter stands in all of this? The trainer is trying to fill his wallet, the owner is trying to get paid, yet it's me the punter that is paying these guys wages and they can't inform a stipe their dog is unhealthy??

Just seems WRONG to me, you can treat punters like dirt for only so long, no surprise the industry locally is in turmoil, the Aussies don't know how amateur we are!!

It is common Knowledge that my Dog Cawbourne Crouch does not travel well, if you read what Matty said on the dogs about the North Islands final. Stop the witch hunt. The dog is not sick in the way you have stated. Some people get car sick, so does this dog some times, come on, he was fine to race, cheers Warren Bronson

RileyM do you believe everything you read on the internet or are you just a stirrer? Crouch was NEVER sick nor did he even travel in the trailer. Hes not a great traveller as he doesnt relax, end of story .Wasa was incorrect in saying otherwise.

How much do you know about training greyhounds? If you knew anything about Matt as a trainer, you would know how dedicated and thorough he is. What Matt has achieved in his short time in Marton is outstanding and has far exceeded my expectations not only as a competent trainer but as a businessman. As his Mother, Im so proud of him and have helped him out a few times so I know how much work he puts  and the team put in.You may think im biased but his results speak for themselves.  

Next time you have a question why dont you get on the phone and ring the trainer instead of making BS accusations from behind your keyboard!

RileyM do you believe everything you read on the internet or are you just a stirrer? Crouch was NEVER sick nor did he even travel in the trailer. Hes not a great traveller as he doesnt relax, end of story .Wasa was incorrect in saying otherwise.

How much do you know about training greyhounds? If you knew anything about Matt as a trainer, you would know how dedicated and thorough he is. What Matt has achieved in his short time in Marton is outstanding and has far exceeded my expectations not only as a competent trainer but as a businessman. As his Mother, Im so proud of him and have helped him out a few times so I know how much work he puts  and the team put in.You may think im biased but his results speak for themselves.  

Next time you have a question why dont you get on the phone and ring the trainer instead of making BS accusations from behind your keyboard!

Umm how have I made a BS accusation? The OWNER of the dog came on this PUBLIC forum saying HIS dog spewed in the trailor... Now are you telling me he was just making that up and lying or was he just repeating what his trainer told him and now they are trying to cover up for him? Someone's lying anyway and it stinks!

Also you may not have a problem with a $1.60 favourite running 'ill' as the owner stated, but personally I think it's wrong.

The dog wasnt ill!! I cant speak for Wasa, but he got it wrong.  You made the accusation of Matt racing an unwell dog and 'treating the punters like shit', thats BS and you just repeated that accusation! In my book you owe Matt an apology.

The dog wasnt ill!! I cant speak for Wasa, but he got it wrong.  You made the accusation of Matt racing an unwell dog and 'treating the punters like shit', thats BS and you just repeated that accusation! In my book you owe Matt an apology.

Interesting... Well I made my comments based on the dog owners post, now why would I have any reason to think he was lying as you state? If anyone owes Matt an apology it's Warren for lying about his dogs 'health',,,now that speaks volumes of the sort of person he is doesn't it?

No, you are the one that questioned Matts integrity as a trainer with regard to racing the dog. What is interesting is that you make out that you give so much weight to Wasas posts! I would say anyone who knew anything about Wasa would know how passionate he is about his dogs and how he has a tendency to get caught up in that. Matt told him that while the dog didnt travel that great, he didnt spew. Wasa has possibly misheard him.

Is it in your nature to assume the worst of people or that everything is a conspiracy? Maybe that speaks volumes about you.

Gee you winge about punting and the 'welfare' of the 'gambler' a lot. I'm guessing you don't have much luck with your investments??? Here's a tip, get yourself a couple of fast greyhounds, train them to perfection, (of course this includes trialing them an then posting the times on here for everyone to see, not to gloat but because those of us who enjoy a bet deserve to know), then nominate your dogs, get a good box draw, wait with anticipation till 8.30 race morning to have your big bet on your pride an joy and hope like hell you beat every other gambler who thinks your dogs a good chance after those trials...

More on the topic of dogs spewing while traveling/ on the day of a race, your kidding yourself if you think Matt is the only trainer to have raced a dog who has done so, and that is why, as Di suggested, your on a witch hunt for Matt.

I think think of many example of dogs spewing before races that's age run great races.

I accidentally feed berry blitz a full dinner a couple of hours before her racing. Had to make her spew the whole lot back up straight away. Here's the video of her run, the 7 http://fasttrack.grv.org.au/RaceVideo/RaceVideo/1244500024

A similar story with a dog I trained, Boris sent me. Was feed then made to spew an hour later when the mistake was picked up. Got beaten a half head over 600 at meadows on a Saturday night.

The best example is Heidi go seek. She was a terrible traveler. Would spew driving an hour down flat straight highway. Found a ginger tablet at least a half hour before leaving worked SOMETIMES. Here's here record. https://fasttrack.grv.org.au/Dog/Form/-629600

I've heard it was an old timers trick to actually bile the dog out the day of a race. From my experiences they may have been onto something.

A big congratulations to Matt, Sarah an team, and Stu and Wassa on Crouchs win today. Again in best of day time.

Come on mate give it a break why is this so many site ready to give anyone with a little bit of success a massive kick in the guts, how about a big congratulations to Matty getting my boy up today, huge effort, just ran down the Auckland Cup winner, see didn't have to travel far, cheers Warren Bronson

Well done to CC, Matty and the team from Marton

He beat the current Auckland Cup winner fair and square and if he could travel better would be competitive against any dog in the country

Will be hard to beat in any contest (Grp Race)  in the CD and is still learning the game

Jibbs

ReillyM      If you think for one moment that "Quote   that you the punter is paying my wages" I can only suggest to you   """You are not betting enough lol"""     .My wages are shit for the work  and the   effort  I put in..  Send me your email... I'll call you the next time I get up at 3am  in the morning to  clean up a dog after it has spewed or shit all over the wall of its kennel,  or because its coughing its heart out because of a virus.. With all due respect Reilly, their is more going on within our industry than catering for you, the punter from my perspective  but I respect where you are coming from and do not disagree with you.. I hope your punting comes right..    Cheers   Clarkie

Reily would you like us trainers to tell you when the dogs shit is a bit runny???

When a dog has a touch of panus???

Bit of conjunctavitous(prob havent spelt that right)

If a dog has stood up for some of a trip???

If its coat is a bit dull???

If its urine is a bit dark???

If it barks at the dog next door???

Jezz mate this game and the trainers are so dodgy I can only wonder why you bet on greyhound racing!

Great win today Matt! Congrats to you Sarah Stewey and the team.

Oh Reily wants to travel with you to Cambridge so he can make sure yr dogs are ok before he backs them.Im sure he will enjoy the ride home arriving back at about 2am and will get out of bed to help ya at 7.30.hahahahaha

ReillyM      If you think for one moment that "Quote   that you the punter is paying my wages" I can only suggest to you   """You are not betting enough lol"""     .My wages are shit for the work  and the   effort  I put in..  Send me your email... I'll call you the next time I get up at 3am  in the morning to  clean up a dog after it has spewed or shit all over the wall of its kennel,  or because its coughing its heart out because of a virus.. With all due respect Reilly, their is more going on within our industry than catering for you, the punter from my perspective  but I respect where you are coming from and do not disagree with you.. I hope your punting comes right..    Cheers   Clarkie

indirectly clarkie you could say the punter does help towards your wages if there was no punting there would be no dogs

How else do you get a dog better at travelling if you only go to your local tracks

You travel them and try and find a way to get them to settle during the trip or used to travelling - no use setting your dog for a NZ Cup in Nov unless you travel him around now and teach him that he is not going to race 20mins away fromhome each week !!

"The Stewards were made aware of rumours suggesting that CAWBOURNE CROUCH, one of the favoured runners in the North Island Challenge Stakes on todays programme, had been off colour when racing at Waikato on 26.03.15. However, when questioned, the Trainer M.Roberts stated that was incorrect and that CAWBOURNE CROUCH never travels well but was in normal pre and post race condition at the Cambridge meeting and the Vet at Palmerston North confirmed that the dog was fit and well in his opinion. This information was relayed to the ON and Off Course investors." - What a joke, someone didnt want crouch racing yesterday

Dogs get used to their home environment - you can stress them quickly by taking them away from their daily routine and kennelmates

We travelled Blitzing Mayhem to and from ChCh each week of the NZ Cup series as he is a settled dog at home and would not have performed as well if he stayed in ChCh during the series

Its quite easy to put a dog off their game by changing their routine

Id geuss he backed against crouch today... probably a little embarrased now

Why would i be embarrassed? My post was about the dogs performance last thursday after the owner stated the dog had vomited, and still hasn't said why he was lying, but each to their own.

Just a question out of curiosity to all those getting so defensive about my questions, lets say you were a punter and had a flutter on a horse called More Joyous paying $2, the horse doesn't run any good and you find out later that night thru social media from the owner that the horse didn't travel well and was sick. Nothing in the stewards report. Now honestly you wouldn't have a problem with that? 

Another question for those that know more than me, lets say C/Crouch was hypothetically sick before his start last thursday and was scratched before his derby heat, how many days would he get stood down for?

BTW I'm not talking out of my pocket here at all. I didn't have a bet on the derby heats last week apart from a small bet on the futures on Dyna Vikkers at $6, and most definitely wasn't going to bet on his race yesterday after the owners comments on here. 

Congrats to Matt on the win yesterday and for the whole season so far, I have no personal vendetta against the guy at all and you would have to be silly to say the guy doesn't know what he's doing. I heard his interview on radio today and thought it was a good listen. 

Why would i be embarrassed? My post was about the dogs performance last thursday after the owner stated the dog had vomited, and still hasn't said why he was lying, but each to their own.

Just a question out of curiosity to all those getting so defensive about my questions, lets say you were a punter and had a flutter on a horse called More Joyous paying $2, the horse doesn't run any good and you find out later that night thru social media from the owner that the horse didn't travel well and was sick. Nothing in the stewards report. Now honestly you wouldn't have a problem with that? 

Another question for those that know more than me, lets say C/Crouch was hypothetically sick before his start last thursday and was scratched before his derby heat, how many days would he get stood down for?

BTW I'm not talking out of my pocket here at all. I didn't have a bet on the derby heats last week apart from a small bet on the futures on Dyna Vikkers at $6, and most definitely wasn't going to bet on his race yesterday after the owners comments on here. 

Congrats to Matt on the win yesterday and for the whole season so far, I have no personal vendetta against the guy at all and you would have to be silly to say the guy doesn't know what he's doing. I heard his interview on radio today and thought it was a good listen.

I would appreciate it if you refrain from calling me a lier, I was on a car phone talking to my trainer, he in NZ myself in Aus, if I didn't hear clearly then my apology, not that it has anything to do with you, Wether people don't like me praising my dog or trainer on this site and take it the wrong way I don't care. Just for the record Crouch is potentially the best dog I have ever owned. It has cost me financially over $500,000 of hard earned money over the years to find one like him, buying and breeding so excuse me if I am over passionate About my dogs, I am only a hobby owner so appreciate all this dog and trainer are achieving for Stu and I, cheers Warren Bronson