RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
whatrulike

‘Intransigent’

Well done team - didn't get to watch anything today so looked up the results just now.

Good on you guys - I like seeing genuine horse lovers get the rewards and it seems to me Kirsty L. is one of those.

Nice result for the CD hoop as well - good stuff, Kane.

J :)

i backed him but im sure those that dropped him after his previous awapuni run wouldnt have been too happy to hear the trainer say in the post race trackside interview yesterday that the awapuni run was only a trial. oh dear.i wonder what the stipes thought of that as well?? hahaha

Thanks Hedley some people are always looking for the smallest points.Tried hard at palmy but could nt get his feet out .Same as the previous two years.Kirsty rolled him up the straight Sat morning and declared "I would nt change anything he s spot on for today."Shame I did nt put my hands deeper into my pockets!

Trial to see where he was at ??

I agree with Fermoy....she said the previous run was just a trial.

Not a good look when any trainer states this....In fact why do they say it ?

Game is hard enough without these sorts of comments.

Poor tote figures on Sat says it all.

I believe that all comments made in this thread are accurate in their own way.

I also believe that industry participants need to take note of the points made by Fermoy and Portfolio.

We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot when others are aiming for our heads.

All the best.

Ashoka

Can't agree with you Ashoka Kirsty s done three radio interviews the last Four days and as usual you get the odd person trying to find find the negative to dine on.Did nt here the TV interview as I was like Kirsty on a high after such a great win from our little champ.Maybe Kirsty words came out wrong in the heat ofof themoment but I can tell you I lost my money at Palmly and he went their with the best intentions.

puha...

I watched the interview referred to by both Fermoy and Portfolio and they are both dead accurate in their descriptions.

I thought to myself "not again..." as I listened. I have touched on such matters in other posts that I have made, in particular, in reference to Kevin Myers and Stacy Jones.

You will note that I have attempted to understand both sides of this matter by stating that the comments of all are supportable.

However, statements such as that made by your trainer are, without doubt, detrimental to the racing industry.

Whether this is because the person making the statement is caught up in the excitement of the moment or not, the detrimental influence remains even though such may do a disservice to the racing industry and the individual concerned.

I understand your desire to "protect" your trainer, but facts remain facts even when they are unpalatable.

I congratulate you all on a remarkable achievement by both horse and connections and wish you all more success, but we all need to mind what we say when we are seen as representatives of the racing industry itself.

All the best.

Ashoka

Yeah it's that detrimental to the industry Kirsty was yet again interviewed on radio Trackside today plus the ph and messages have nt stopped rolling in.I know it's the shortest day of the year mate but lighten up. Steve Lawrence(puha)

puha...

I am putting my case as gently as I can because, as I have previously stated, I can see the merit in all posts made on this subject.

I am not chastising the lady in question so much as I am pointing out the bleeding obvious, to put it in a slightly blunter manner.

I hope that she has many more opportunities to speak to the media after enjoying success, especially so if Intransigent comes up next season and turns three to four, but she needs to learn from this experience and I am confident that she will.

All the best.

Ashoka