RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
beerwithduncan

Australia v NZ 2015 Cricket World Cup Final

Who wins?

NZ of course. It just has a destiny / fate feel about it.

Win or lose it won't change the fact we have had the best ever summer of cricket. It's been magnificent entertainment that fills you with pride. I will be genuinely disappointed when it's all over on Sunday night.

Why will we win?

Because we bat so deep. We have a line of match winning batsmen who stand up. Our fielding invariably saves 20-30 runs. Our bowling attack is the best or close to the best of all teams in the Cup. We are led by a captain who is cool and fearless. We are brilliantly coached. The batting and bowling coaches Bond and Bic Mac have been the bees knees. We have belief we can win it. We are in great form. It's our time...

Why will Australia lose? Because they expect to win especially at home and when the master plan starts to fail they are prone to falling apart and crumbling under pressure. NZ had the wood on their batsmen at Eden Park and are the only team to beat them recently. The Australians admire this Kiwi team regardless of what they say. The Australian bowlers can't handle being attacked and lose all shape.

Having said that Australia will start short favs at 1.47. NZ paying 2.55. I believe that is a fair and accurate reflection.

Worries.

Australia have been there done that all before in Cricket World Cup Finals. This is NZ's first and last at least for most of this team. The MCG can be a very intimidating venue for visiting teams. The ball will bounce and come on differently than it has done all summer for the Kiwi's. The outfield is so huge that the NZ style of play in this world cup will need to change. The glory shot over the fence will need to be replaced with two's,three's and fours. Can they adjust?  NZ have enjoyed considerable crowd support. Our supporters will be in the minority on Sunday. What difference will that make? NZ are coming off the back of an extremely emotional victory late on Tuesday night. Have the Kiwi's already played their final? The Australian's had a much easier ride into the final. There were two unbeaten teams. India and NZ. Now Australia have beaten one of those two teams. They are ready for the other one. The Australian batsmen very rarely fail twice in a row against the kiwi bowlers who have ridden a wave of crowd support back home. Some of the Australian bowlers appeared to tie the Kiwi batsmen up in knots in the Auckland match. Grant Elliot looked very average as did Ross Taylor. NZ made a complete meal of a rare low run chase against Australia and only just scraped home after receiving all favours.

I believe Australia deserve to start short favs but I along with 4 million kiwi's will be dreaming big NZ for one more match.

Go the Black Caps and win or lose thank you for the fantastic memories that will stay with me till I am no more.

I'm thinking the Aussies have got this unfortunately. I hope to hell I'm wrong but there's a certain inevitability about it all.

Their record at home over the last couple of years is daunting and they dispatched India with consummate ease last night.

Win or lose the Kiwis have been fantastic and all plaudits must go to McCullum and Hesson for their aggressive tactics and team selections. It's been a great watch.

Unfortunately their is still a Kiwi knocking machine out there who, if the BC's lose, will pop out of the woodwork and label them Black Craps or chokers. Hopeful, these idiots and trolls are drowned out the rest of us who will applaud the boys' effort as loud as possible.

you can crunch data and break it down till the cows come home,the bounce of the ball and the odd dropped catch will level most games, its impossible to beat the fickle finger of fate and this is pointing new zealands way,start planning the street parades now:)

Under the threat of becoming NZ PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER 1 i predict that the Black Caps will become another NZ sports team that cannot win a world cup OFF SHORE although it would be fair to say that the Black Caps haven't won on shore either.

I HAVE PUT MY HEAD ON THE guillotine and am waiting for my fate.

I'm thinking the Aussies have got this unfortunately. I hope to hell I'm wrong but there's a certain inevitability about it all.

Their record at home over the last couple of years is daunting and they dispatched India with consummate ease last night.

Win or lose the Kiwis have been fantastic and all plaudits must go to McCullum and Hesson for their aggressive tactics and team selections. It's been a great watch.

Unfortunately their is still a Kiwi knocking machine out there who, if the BC's lose, will pop out of the woodwork and label them Black Craps or chokers. Hopeful, these idiots and trolls are drowned out the rest of us who will applaud the boys' effort as loud as possible.

Your last paragraph is unfortunately very true. Hence they have been in hiding on here lately. They wont be able to help themselves if we lose though.

Speaking of losers - hasn't Jesse Ryder been forgotten??!!?? Doesn't he have a bout tonight against that blogger?? I wonder where he would prefer to be - in a boxing ring or at the MCG? Maybe now he will realise what a balls up he has made of his career.

Under the threat of becoming NZ PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER 1 i predict that the Black Caps will become another NZ sports team that cannot win a world cup OFF SHORE although it would be fair to say that the Black Caps haven't won on shore either.

I HAVE PUT MY HEAD ON THE guillotine and am waiting for my fate.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm