RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosie one

Update on Filly with no Fear

She showed some early speed and got away well.

What is her mouth like ie: does she pull in her work or is she easy to hold?

Push button horse to ride most of the time.

Usally on mondays reverse way can pull your arms to the limit.

When galloping She is the sort of horse you need a rider that can take a frim hold/cuddle and let her roll into her work and by the time she gets to the home straight she is fully balanced to let rip with a mean turn of foot.

Need good footing to get best result.

Why did you ask this question?

An hour after talking to you it started to snow heavily here and the hill roads leading into Whitemans Valley ( Behind Trentham Racecourse ) were all closed. I had to walk 8km mostly up those hills, in 100mm + of snow to get home to find we had no power. All the stock incl our 5 aged TB's all got well fed as they do all winter. Old Candy Lass ( 27yrs ) has got a real sparkle in her eyes this morning. She loved the mud :D

An hour after talking to you it started to snow heavily here and the hill roads leading into Whitemans Valley ( Behind Trentham Racecourse ) were all closed. I had to walk 8km mostly up those hills, in 100mm + of snow to get home to find we had no power. All the stock incl our 5 aged TB's all got well fed as they do all winter. Old Candy Lass ( 27yrs ) has got a real sparkle in her eyes this morning. She loved the mud :D

Thats amazing!! I cant stand snow, lived in it in Japan and hated it. Wasnt Candy Lass a petty good horse in her day?

I got home and for the first time since 1939 (I was told by a couple of older people) that the snow was pouring down in Foxton. My old girl Rosias (23 now) was waiting for her feed, bless her I gave her two big slaps of hay and hard feed, she doesnt wear a rug. Im lucky to have a paddock that is very sheltered from all directions when the weather is bad.

Thats amazing!! I cant stand snow, lived in it in Japan and hated it. Wasnt Candy Lass a petty good horse in her day?

Candy won a couple of staying races and was quite consistent. She actually won at Foxton 20 years ago tomorrow. We never bred from her because she was lucky to touch 15.1 hands :D You may remember the name because Lisa McG rode her at her last start.Lisa rode a few for us over the next year.

Keep warm! :)

Well!!! Looks like I might have the stayer I was hopeing I had bred, The mare went to the jumpouts yesterday and did a beatiful trial.

The Jockey rode to the letter and the mare relaxed beatifully last threwout the 1000m trial and ran on the home straight and she was up against some handy sprinters too from what I was told.

The Jockey told me that she was just starting to warm up in the home straight. :D

She is cleared to race again :)

I want to go back to the trials again and hopefully there is a 1400m trial I can put her in.

The little big Filly with no fear...had her first official trial at Otaki...... She ran third in the fastest 1200m heat of the day.

She needed the run and did everything perfect.....stood in the stalls most of the day and didnt turn hair, the only time she looked like playing up was just before the race and I took her for a walk and she thought it was a great idea to put in a few excitement and delight bucks, basically showing off :)

Work load has to go up again! and one more trial to see where she is at when put race under pressure this time.