RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Humbersnipe62

Avondale Pacemaker

Blue Nile?

Oranmore?

Execute?

I think they were tearaway pacemakers, not sure if they stopped though

EXECUTE won every type of race you can name ecept a maiden race.His first win was in a hack race and he went on to win open sprints,staying races steeplechases and hurdles.

He was train by Bill Sanders at Te Awamutu and was sired by Head Hunter.from memory

Oranmore never stopped like a brick wall! He was a brilliant winter sprinter who always ran well at Avondale.Ditto Babbling Brook who was actually trained on the track.Oranmore was by Redolent2/Babbling Brook by Water Diviner.

recall horse named redan use to go like cutcat then stop.think charlie faulkner trained.he was by redolent2

Think Redan was trained by a fella Skinner? Don't remember him stopping though. Other good front runners there were Rohe Potae and Jan's Beau. At least the pace was on most of the time in the glorious past!

Jan's Beau raced in the seventies and was by Head Hunter.

My recollection is that Jan's Beau did not like the wet, unlike most Head Hunters, who were accomplished swimmers. Is this correct? I would appreciate confirmation, or otherwise, of the veracity of what my memory is telling me.

Another trait left by Head Hunter was a goodly number of very versatile horses who were able to win sprints, middle distance races and jump like stags, Execute springs to mind, in this context.

All the best.

Ashoka

I think you are correct there Ashoka.

Some of his bigger wins were the:

1970 Ellerslie Championship Stakes

1972 VRC Australian Cup

1972 Feehan Stakes (now Dato Tan Chim Nan Stakes)

1973 Clifford Plate

1973 Avondale Cup ridden by Gary Edge

He was trained by Sid Edwards and owned by the Webbs.