RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sekoons

brady is back

probably talking about what a great trainer  m purdon is  beef's favourite-   anyone who disagrees with atc might get trespassed so neil a good candidate-in fact beef you are on the list for being rude to a director-  go neil

glen tells me he saw rennel on Saturday he would like me to convey that to mr green as he has no race café access at home- what was he talking about- a discount as a member to buy an apartment is my guess.

Welcome back Neil.....

So many nice memories of this man, bit rough around the edges but steadfast beliefs in what he was doing, and no no no respect for the authorities who he knew were far more crooked than what they might have been accusing him of. His bicarbonate readings off the beach.....we'll never know how or why but he, like Chris Johnson was always a rough diamond that the powers to be saw as a soft target when the hard targets had all sort of shit going on.....

Couple of memories......

1. Franco ice coming back from Aussie after the mad owner had taken him off Neil in the first place for greener pastures(and better coin).....I believe it was the knights and the horse was returned crippled and at least 2 legs poked. Neil took the leg wraps off, took the horse for a paddle in the surf and won(or was narrowly beaten) within a week or 2.

2. Brent mangos drove a text book race, going down narrowly in like 2.41( unheard off in those days)....only to have Neil castigate him for allowing a 55.5 sprint home.

3. Got done by that fraud chokin in what was the fastest 3200 ever up until then after doing all the work.

Used to love seeing the black and orange coming to addington - u knew those races were going to be highly competitive affairs.....

I think the horse you're thinking of Port was Elect To Live. Very talented and tough horse ideally suited to Neil's training methods and driving style. She was like a boy racing the girls. Could do a lot of work in her races and still hurt her opposition.

Will be interesting to see how Neil's comeback goes. He hasn't exactly been a force in Victorian Harness racing so picking up where he left off in NZ will not be easy. I wish him well. The colour he brings to the game will be welcomed by harness racing lovers...not sure about one or two of the suits ;)

You guys are all living in the past. Neil Brady's heyday came to a screaming halt with the clamp down on milkshaking. He might still like to drive the way he once did, but the horses don't stay like they used to!

He hasn't won much, and certainly not out of his turn, for the past decade, yet by the tone of this thread, everyone is expecting to roll the clock back 10 or 20 years, and see Franco Ice and Elect To Live reincarnated. It ain't going to happen. Swabbing has improved, and the world has moved on.

You guys are all living in the past. Neil Brady's heyday came to a screaming halt with the clamp down on milkshaking. He might still like to drive the way he once did, but the horses don't stay like they used to!

He hasn't won much, and certainly not out of his turn, for the past decade, yet by the tone of this thread, everyone is expecting to roll the clock back 10 or 20 years, and see Franco Ice and Elect To Live reincarnated. It ain't going to happen. Swabbing has improved, and the world has moved on.

You do Neil Brady and his horses a great disservice. To suggest his heyday was the result of milkshaking is not only wrong it's disrespectful.

Neil had some superb horses in his stable. Franco Ice was a top liner. Elect To Live was superb and Stylish Sweetheart also had a great record. I'm certain I'm omitting other top horses.

Not only did he have the good horses,he trained on Pakiri Beach which allowed him to put a lot more work into certain horses that just couldn't occur to the same degree on grit.

Neil has a very strong work ethic which was also helpful in getting the work into his horses. Add his never say die attitude and handlebars down driving style into that mix and you have the ingredients for a level of success. To ignore all of the above and put it down to milkshaking displays a level of ignorance. I'm sure Neil would welcome your comments in person.

I must also be reading threads differently to you. I'm not seeing anyone on this thread talking about Neil being a force to be reckoned with any time soon. They just welcome the colour he brings to the game. There is also something very appealing about an uncompromising driver who is not going to do any favours for anyone out on the track.

Not in the slightest bit ignorant. On the contrary, to condone his milkshaking track record, is showing no respect whatsoever to all the other equally hard working and dedicated trainers who ply their trade day in day out, without a hint of illegal activity.

Yes, his brand of driving brought an extra element to races, but to ignore the clear correlation between his fall from glory, and the end of the "milkshaking era", is foolhardy in the extreme.

A number of previously moderate trainers rose to prominence on the back of "controversially high bicarb readings", and then just as quickly faded away following the banning of milkshaking. They didn't appear to cope with the more level playing field.

Mr Brady has seemingly gained a cult-like following, no doubt due to his David and Goliath style battles with officialdom.. But in reality, all he was ever doing was attempting to protect the illegal advantage that he'd enjoyed for a number of years.

Thankfully, those days are long gone.

Jack Prat - you are not J Muirhead in disguise are you? He hated Neil Brady and did everything in his powers to oust him - and was probably successful to some degree as Neil left for Aussie (not because of bi-carb, but the unfair victimization). Yes he was vocal to officialdom but was actually not treated by them on a level field.

What a lot of hogwash about him bi carbbing horses - if you recall after he left and Sue (can't remember her full name) took over all his horses - they still performed at their highest level - the "Gotta Go" horses.

Not in the slightest bit ignorant. On the contrary, to condone his milkshaking track record, is showing no respect whatsoever to all the other equally hard working and dedicated trainers who ply their trade day in day out, without a hint of illegal activity.

Yes, his brand of driving brought an extra element to races, but to ignore the clear correlation between his fall from glory, and the end of the "milkshaking era", is foolhardy in the extreme.

A number of previously moderate trainers rose to prominence on the back of "controversially high bicarb readings", and then just as quickly faded away following the banning of milkshaking. They didn't appear to cope with the more level playing field.

Mr Brady has seemingly gained a cult-like following, no doubt due to his David and Goliath style battles with officialdom.. But in reality, all he was ever doing was attempting to protect the illegal advantage that he'd enjoyed for a number of years.

Thankfully, those days are long gone.

Further conclusive evidence of your ignorance. 

Wrap it up however you choose to. If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit there is a high probability that's exactly what it is.

You also display your ignorance regarding just what Neil's appeal is. To just put it down to his battles with officialdom is comical. Neil is your typical no nonsense no bullshit hard working kiwi bloke. Every success he ever had was the result of hard work. The testing around milkshaking was in it's infancy. Neil was used as a scapegoat and he had the audacity to stand up to those in power that were targeting him. The more he stood up to them the more they targeted him. No wonder he had a bloody guts full of it. NZ Harness Racing was poorer as a result of his departure to Australia.

Your repeated claims that Neil's success with horses such as Franco Ice,Stylish Sweetheart and his wonderful Live Or Die filly Elect To Live was due to milkshaking is contemptible and says a lot more about you than it does about Neil Brady.

Ironic that I was foolish enough to believe Jack Sprat was just one person when he is 13 people. The Judge and all 12 members of the Jury. 

The rest of us welcome Neil back.

Jack Prat - you are not J Muirhead in disguise are you? He hated Neil Brady and did everything in his powers to oust him - and was probably successful to some degree as Neil left for Aussie (not because of bi-carb, but the unfair victimization). Yes he was vocal to officialdom but was actually not treated by them on a level field.

What a lot of hogwash about him bi carbbing horses - if you recall after he left and Sue (can't remember her full name) took over all his horses - they still performed at their highest level - the "Gotta Go" horses.

Well said Spike. Right on the money mate

Sue Martin

It wasn't Muirhead. It was Norm Souter who had it in for Brady and many other trainers. A man many trainers had no respect for. I don't know for sure if Brady used Bicarbonate or not but I would have a large bet he didn't. I was on the horse men's association in those days and Brady was the most vocal trainer in regard to catching and punishing users. He had a lot of high readings back then that on today's levels would be judged average.