RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grant R

Mr Purcell you sound like a Govt. Minister

I viewed with interest last evening the Weigh In show and the questions asked of Mr Purcell. It appears to me that he must read out of the same book as the parliamentarians how many bloody enquiries do they need ? and how many managers of this and that are required to travel down to inspect the track at Wingatui . Talk about going over the top do they think all these inquiries help ? why don't they sit down and just admit that they haven't got it right you can't put a PC band aid on it. The policies of the NZTR are wrong in my opinion where it needs to start is to put the money into the clubs help them to get there tracks and facilities up to scratch so we don't have all these abandonments. Go to the clubs, trainers etc ask them what they think is required then prioritise  from there . A classic example the starting gates debacle how long has this gone on for and finally something is getting done I was shocked to find out that a new set of gates are between 120- 150k that's a pittance. I work in a industry where you have to upgrade equipment all the time breakdowns, maintenance cost money so as little downtime as possible is a pre requisite keeping on top of things costs less in the long run.   

Enquiries mean you don't have to take responsibility or have your head on the chopping block... you just redirect the problem to someone else to sort out, at a cost to the industry. As you say, Wellington is full of them. Assertive leaders make decisions and have confidence in themselves to get a result. Weak leaders set up committees and enquires to come up with the answers and then if it goes wrong they have someone to point the finger at. And in the meantime the industry falls further behind. 

I think Twiggy was shitting his pants he might end up before the board on a show cause.......the lack of emotion, the body language of both men was a sight to behold.....IMO litigation lawyers are sweating on the next instalment or episode, the daily happenings at the Taj Mahal in Welly make days of our lives and neighbours look like school panto's, which brings me to the question, if Peter Jackson see's fit to run with a blockbuster based on the Petone comedy, who'd play the main role and who'd play the recently departed Intercon resident, and who'd play the receptionist?.......feel free to fire in the other bit players, I'm excited by the very thought. I'll go first,

Lead role, played by the guy who used to be Roseanne Barr's husband, go on prompt me.

Bayliss, played by Ronnie Biggs, oh hang on he's dead......what's the difference?

Nicole Kidman could play the receptionist, cos they're both women and can put up with dead head men, e.g., Tom Cruise

Fire away.

It was interesting that twiggy made the statement that there was no personal attack on certain people involved that was like he had been warned by the NZTR over other things he has said on the show isn't it freedom of speech? its about time these dudes accepted that they are clutching at straws . My advice to Twiggy go at them mate with both Barrels 

I am a mere bit player in the industry, with a small share in one horse. Ironically it has been to Dunedin on both occasions the meetings were binned.

Industry would make more $$$ from me through betting turnover.

Given my current minor involvement in the industry my view/opinion isn't really that important, however what i would say is that after watching that appalling TV appearance by Greg Purcell on Weigh In  I would have ZERO interest in increasing any level of involvement in the industry. 

What a pitiful state NZTR is in if that chap is good enough to be the head honcho. 

I noticed that he has learnt nothing from being ridiculed over his claim to have raced ninety.  He claimed Wingatui is 1,200 km away from Castlepoint, an absurd exaggeration.   What's the bet he exaggerates similarly with his claims for travel costs, entertainment expenses, etc?

He claimed Wingatui is 1,200 km away from Castlepoint, an absurd exaggeration.   What's the bet he exaggerates similarly with his claims for travel costs, entertainment expenses, etc?

It's almost exactly 1200 kms via Greymouth which is consistent with the directness of the route he took answering the other questions.

Probably weekend festivities etc. As I understand it the track has not been put back since the race on the 7th, nothing done at all even though it's now only 11 days from the proposed Beaumont meeting, and there are big holes and bare patches, even though they are using it for gallops. As far as I can make out they've brought in a contractor with an aerator and that intervention is underway today. Brilliant.

What a pitiful state NZTR is in if that chap is good enough to be the head honcho. 

I noticed that he has learnt nothing from being ridiculed over his claim to have raced ninety.  He claimed Wingatui is 1,200 km away from Castlepoint, an absurd exaggeration.   What's the bet he exaggerates similarly with his claims for travel costs, entertainment expenses,

i raced 90

https://youtu.be/TrXQz7LSTS8