RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
clarkie

We Will give you One chanel for local content!!

They Said.!!!     Well, trackside once again you are all over the place and in my opinion using the code I race in  as fill in fodder. Take today for example at Manawatu.. No time for Head on replay ,no time for the lure interaction ,no time to see my dogs walk back( even just a little would have been nice) No dias shots,  No time to hear the announcer because you were off to a bloody Australian gallop meeting.  I love watching all codes but when for the sake of raking in more dollars at our expense you are too choked up and not capable of programme planning it pisses me right off...When are you going to get it right? It is a dam out right insult to work as hard as we do to produce a product and you obviously don't care...   Clarkie

They Said.!!!     Well, trackside once again you are all over the place and in my opinion using the code I race in  as fill in fodder. Take today for example at Manawatu.. No time for Head on replay ,no time for the lure interaction ,no time to see my dogs walk back( even just a little would have been nice) No dias shots,  No time to hear the announcer because you were off to a bloody Australian gallop meeting.  I love watching all codes but when for the sake of raking in more dollars at our expense you are too choked up and not capable of programme planning it pisses me right off...When are you going to get it right? It is a dam out right insult to work as hard as we do to produce a product and you obviously don't care...   Clarkie

I couldn't agree with you more Clarkie.

The NZRB, TAB, Trackside or whatever you want to call them seem to be very good at telling its customers what they want to hear. However, the actioning of those same sound waves generally returns an entirely different result.

It is all about making money. They do not give a damm about your point of view.

We had a dog in the last race and they went over with a 1min 17sec and did not talk about the race till 2 sec from start time.

They talk about R/L for 43 sec.Now is that giving our dogs a fair go.They did turnover over $8k on the win pool. The OZ race was to go 1 min after dogs.This has been going on for a long time,especially talking about other sport in our dog time.

Bev

Yep, I remember saying at the time that nothing will change with the new channels.  It did except instead giving the dogs more coverage(and probably the other codes) we just got more races that we certainly didn't need.  You can complain all you like to the racing board but they don't listen and they're not good at changing their mind....then they wonder why they're losing punters(and employees).  

I imagine there is some sort of reciprocal agreement with Australia - if we want our racing in Aus we have to take a certain amount of theirs over here. End result is the majority of racing aired on Trackside is purely for the pathological. Not much different from a poker machine, really.

Our racing now has to fit in with Australian racing, theirs being the priority. I remember when we had harness racing on Friday and Saturday nights, now only 2 meetings on a Friday, and one on Thursday. South Island meetings all seem to be mid week or on Sunday afternoon. Is it any wonder the Dogs miss out entirely? Aussie TAB is calling the shots, I think.

No Reilly, I'm not asking for a longer lead up / post race action and I certainly don't want to race for half of what  is already "pathetic stake"  money for graded races.  My reaction to the programming at Trackside is based on what they promised for months and that was another channel catering for local content. They have not done this in my opinion and   the three codes have been duped. The coverage on special race meetings has been brilliant and I feel Trackside has the cameras in place ..It's just fine tuning that  the insensitive dork responsible for programming and choosing the quality shots to be shown at the time that needs fixing. How can it be quality local content when you are cut of at the knees and whisked away to a rushed galloping meeting at Queenbeyan ?. That's what the other channel was for was it not.? Up until recently Manawatu started at 12 on  one and we got excess coverage now look what we are getting. I realise it's all about making dollars but what Trackside promised is all on record and they are failing on this and not getting any better. I'll  discuss with you my opinion on lead up times etc later. I have dogs to attend to :) Clarkie    

So the question for Clarkie must be, would you rather longer lead up / post race action from the NZ greyhounds, or would you rather run for less than half the stake money you currently do? Aussie fund our industry so fair enough they have a say on what races we show and what we don't.

Well Reilly, can you tell us how much the Greyhounds get for funding our sport. I am not talking about turnover, but what % do we get from OZ betting on Greyhounds?

As you are so knowledgeable regarding figures,perhaps you could inform us of the costings of providing TV coverage by all codes and sports,actual contibutions by same?

Bev

No Reilly, I'm not asking for a longer lead up / post race action and I certainly don't want to race for half of what  is already "pathetic stake"  money for graded races.  My reaction to the programming at Trackside is based on what they promised for months and that was another channel catering for local content. They have not done this in my opinion and   the three codes have been duped. The coverage on special race meetings has been brilliant and I feel Trackside has the cameras in place ..It's just fine tuning that  the insensitive dork responsible for programming and choosing the quality shots to be shown at the time that needs fixing. How can it be quality local content when you are cut of at the knees and whisked away to a rushed galloping meeting at Queenbeyan ?. That's what the other channel was for was it not.? Up until recently Manawatu started at 12 on  one and we got excess coverage now look what we are getting. I realise it's all about making dollars but what Trackside promised is all on record and they are failing on this and not getting any better. I'll  discuss with you my opinion on lead up times etc later. I have dogs to attend to :) Clarkie    

Exactly.  They promised us more coverage and have failed to deliver.  If Aussie 'call the shots' then they shouldn't have done this.  The fact is they have never delivered on showing us more coverage of NZ dogs which is what we want to see.