RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Robert Best

Otaki/Yrapa

Is the leadership and guidance of our industry leaders over the last few years finally showing their results.

Look at the noms for these two meetings this weekend.

They will probably all need a good overseas trip (taking the bed warmer) to think up some new ideas how to totally run this industry into the ground.

Thinking I might nominate my Grand daughters Shetland will pick up some prize money.

Guest 2Admin2

<p>Hawera on Monday......Geez if they can't get good noms for Friday and Sunday where will they come from on Monday? Come in Fasthorse - we need a positive spin on this!</p>

Gee don't be too tough on Carthorse Admin.

At present he is being beaten up and pulverised on Channel 2.

Being slam dunked here as well might be just too much for him........oh, go on, why not!!

Come in Carthorse.

The nom.s certainly look pretty light alright ...tracks too hard an issue possibly?

I'd have to agree Jess, that the tracks dished up this season might be at least one of the biggest factors affecting participation.

I'd have to agree Jess, that the tracks dished up this season might be at least one of the biggest factors affecting participation.

... I'm thinking it might not just be the surface served up on the day which is taking a toll, either - some (private) training tracks round the place would be pretty testing on the limbs with the spell of weather that's prevailed in the region.

I'm wondering if there are a few ponies heading to the spelling paddock early this autumn - or maybe just in a holding pattern not doing a lot of fast work until things ease a little ..  

Do you mean hard or inconsistent surfaces?

Not sure Huey - I was thinking hard - but you may be right - I don't know enough about those tracks to say whether or not they're inconsistent ... I guess when they are really hard though - any imperfections are going to be pretty unforgiving for the horse encountering them  ...

Cheers

J.

the South island often have 3 meetings in close schedule of one another.,

plenty of rain in the next 4days for the Central District tracks., most of them will get yield & easing at a point

you're right Robert., for a good while recently..i've noted numbers a bit light, and it's because of the succession and consecutivity of bad policy compounding..resulting in less horses numbers available