RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mcmissile

C5 races

I note there is no C5 Middle distance race at Addington and Auckland this Thursday, and only a 6 dog field (5 C5 dogs) at Wanganui on Friday night.

Would this have anything to do with the new down-grading rule with dogs being down-graded a lot quicker and therefore not enough dogs to fill the fields at the top end?

A shame that the dogs who have earned their way to the top are now struggling to get starts.

That would be a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't then, wouldn't it? Too many dogs trying for a start , then not enough. I doubt that would happen so quickly after the rule change. More likely because we are just coming off the Auckland Cup series- a number of dogs are away and/ or resting now.

There have never been too many dogs trying for a start higher up the grades, especially C5, it has always really been a problem with the bottle -neck of C1 dogs, hence why the tiered races were brought in.

There have been a number of dogs who have been down-graded from C5 since the rule change, the number of C5 dogs I think you will find is a lot less now than before the rule change.

I have noticed there have been more full C4 fields now as there are more dogs in that grade now to be able to have full fields, whereas previously they were combined with C5 dogs to have C4/5 fields.

I still find it remarkable that the 3-downgrade "rule" was voted in. 

What did the proponents expect?

We have had a full card of C1 races at Addington for quite some time. 

In whose interest is it that we have more?

All the clubs had an opportunity to have their say and it was voted in.... I do believe however that the 3 downgrade rule should of been applied in conjunction with lowering wins in c1 back to one only before progressing, this would help ease any back log the new rule may have created although it only applies to dog's going through the grades but it would help. You will have full cards of c1 meetings at Addington because it's a low grade meeting is it not?

agree it helps the odd flukey win go back down to the grade it should be in!!! would be better if you could have 2/3 wins in a grade slow the system up.

theres plenty of usless c1 dogs out there that need retiring!!!!! and c0 come to think of it when a crap dog can get  in a RACE WITH 77788 iN Its form and a c4  or c5 with better form  with but cant get a start and has to wait for 3 and in rule.