RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosemary telephone operator

'Goodbye' and 'Good riddance!'

...to Muttiah Muralitharan, who has retired from Test Cricket after rorting his way into the record books.

You won't be missed!

give him a break (no pun intended).

His action has been under scrutiny for so long, yet he has managed to pass the tests they have put in front of him.

So move on, he is!

As an entertainer, he brought heaps into the game.

Muttiah Muralitharan's biggest contribution to world cricket might be that the intemperate bleating by the Ocks against his bowling style indirectly led to Little Johnny Howard not getting the cushy ICC job he so coveted in retirement from politics...

;)

...to Muttiah Muralitharan, who has retired from Test Cricket after rorting his way into the record books.

You won't be missed!

Go suck eggs petulant prat!!!

With all Murali's done for cricket. And even more so outside of cricket is far beyond anything you'll ever do!

He is without a doubt the Greatest spin bowler ever. And he is a true gentleman.

And as the Sheikh said, He has passed every test put in front of him.

As someone who has had a few beers and a chat with Murali, I can say he is very gracious and humble and a top fella all round.

The fact you slander him says more about you Chris Taylor than it does about him.

Ho ho ho

One of my easiest 'catches' this year.:D

But as he's a cheat I really don't want to spend any more time on him than is necessary.]

One tosser criticizing another tosser.

Go suck eggs petulant prat!!!

With all Murali's done for cricket. And even more so outside of cricket is far beyond anything you'll ever do!

He is without a doubt the Greatest spin bowler ever. And he is a true gentleman.

And as the Sheikh said, He has passed every test put in front of him.

Kerrie,please show more respect for the king(and knowledge)of all sport.He may stop giving us all his valued opinions,I bet no such luck though.

and I want to know why he always references his mother in his posts.

theres no need to say 'ho ho ho' and let us know what she got up to in the 60s and 70s.

agreed.

and I want to know why he always references his mother in his posts.

theres no need to say 'ho ho ho' and let us know what she got up to in the 60s and 70s.

Brad,he spends a lot of time with gland in hand,I thought the ho ho ho was coming(mind the pun)when he was finishing his exercise.

As someone who has had a few beers and a chat with Murali, I can say he is very gracious and humble and a top fella all round.

The fact you slander him says more about you Chris Taylor than it does about him.

You need to take a good, long hard look in the mirror G Unit.

There's an old saying....'if you lie with dogs, you catch flea's!'

First you defend M.Johns, now you're defending the biggest cheat ever to grace a cricket ground!

You want to start keeping better company. I could give you a few tips on that if I thought you'd listen!

You need to take a good, long hard look in the mirror G Unit.

There's an old saying....'if you lie with dogs, you catch flea's!'

First you defend M.Johns, now you're defending the biggest cheat ever to grace a cricket ground!

You want to start keeping better company. I could give you a few tips on that if I thought you'd listen!

Another old quote tosser,"make sure your house is in order before criticizing others"

It's amazing that after all the tests Murali went thru,in regards to his action..and might i add he passed every test put in front of him.Mr Taylor..the king of cricket apparently...still has a dislike for Murali.What accomplishment Murali got too by reaching 800 test wickets is a massive thing.I'm a cricketing fan/nut from WAY back,and after Murali passed his tests,i have no prob with his action,as the powers that be determined that it was legal.Good on ya Murali...Sri Lanka will be hard pressed to find another spin bowler like yourself.

He was never tested under match conditions.. Pretty easy to pass tests when you are at a University. Difficult to say that he would have bowled the exact same at UWA than what he would in a test match.

Funny that in 2004, the ICC guidelines allowed bowlers to flex their elbows by 10 degrees for fast bowlers, 7.5 degrees for medium pacers, and 5 degrees for spin bowlers.

In 2004, Murali's doosra was tested at 14 degrees.

There was no chance that the ICC could ban him or a delivery that had taken 500 or so wickets.

So guess what, in 2005, the ICC changed the guidelines to that all bowlers be allowed to bend elbow up to 15 degrees.

Interesting.

He was never tested under match conditions.. Pretty easy to pass tests when you are at a University. Difficult to say that he would have bowled the exact same at UWA than what he would in a test match.

Funny that in 2004, the ICC guidelines allowed bowlers to flex their elbows by 10 degrees for fast bowlers, 7.5 degrees for medium pacers, and 5 degrees for spin bowlers.

In 2004, Murali's doosra was tested at 14 degrees.

There was no chance that the ICC could ban him or a delivery that had taken 500 or so wickets.

So guess what, in 2005, the ICC changed the guidelines to that all bowlers be allowed to bend elbow up to 15 degrees.

Interesting.

Ssssshhh jasper.....the 'murali fan club' don't like facts!

Ssssshhh jasper.....the 'murali fan club' don't like facts!

How about all the other chuckers around.

Shaun Tait, Brett Lee, Shoaib Akthar.

Even New Zealands own, Kyle Mills was found to have a slightly illegal action.

Who cares if all the bowlers, spinners or pacemen, 'chuck' the ball on the odd occasion.

Almost everything in world cricket today favours Batsmen.

The Bowlers need to have some leeway!

How about all the other chuckers around.

Shaun Tait, Brett Lee, Shoaib Akthar.

Even New Zealands own, Kyle Mills was found to have a slightly illegal action.

Who cares if all the bowlers, spinners or pacemen, 'chuck' the ball on the odd occasion.

Almost everything in world cricket today favours Batsmen.

The Bowlers need to have some leeway!

Tait, Lee and Mills all bowl with legal actions.

Can't say the same for Murali and Akthar.

It's got to be something to do with their ethnic backgrounds.

Tait, Lee and Mills all bowl with legal actions.

Can't say the same for Murali and Akthar.

It's got to be something to do with their ethnic backgrounds.

Nope. Mills was found to have an illegal action.

Take you're eyepatch off mate.

And Like I said. Who cares if all bowlers bowl with a slighlty illegal action. They need something in their favour!

It really has become a batsmens game.

Soon we won't even have Bowlers.

We'll just have the umpires lobbing the ball up in the air for the batsmen to hit for boundries all the time.