RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

KFE....WTF...???

Ellerslie DERBY~Day down $865K 'on tote'

Leggy., is it true that gross tote revenue for the entire day's events didn't even cover the derby stake! ? :o

That's why we need Forward Thinkers, not whingers, moaners, backward thinkers, those who live in the past and will never even take a step forward unless dragged fighting and yelling. Who needs them, leave them behind.

Leggy., is it true that gross tote revenue for the entire day's events didn't even cover the derby stake! ? :o

Indeed Heds. Tote on and off course for the day just under 2.4m. @20% that's gross revenue of $480,000. Looks like they may have got another 30k from FOB if the bookies were in form. A fab business model. That's gross remember. Though I haven't accounted for the little pie sales.

That's why we need Forward Thinkers, not whingers, moaners, backward thinkers, those who live in the past and will never even take a step forward unless dragged fighting and yelling. Who needs them, leave them behind.

Well if you are looking for 'forward thinkers' I would respectfully suggest that your 'metropolitan' clubs are the wrong place to look.

If the ARC could not make that Derby,one of the most anticipated in years, work then I simply cannot see any hope for them.

Unless there is meaningful action at the top(and that looks increasingly doubtful given the current administration) then we are destined to be a poor - and getting poorer by the year - second cousin to the Aussies racing wise.

Cut the hangers on and bludgers at the TAB/NZRB and NZTR and cut the takeout rates on betting and you will be well on the way  

Tom the Labour Party reward their cronies the same way when they are in office!Both main parties have served up lacklustre Ministers of Racing for decades.If Winston wins the Northland by election it would not be a bad idea to make him Minister of Racing again.He is the right "guy" for the job!

Tom

I do not care where they come from and I do not know how you got the idea I was suggesting they came from the big clubs. I am suggesting that we create  Metro/big clubs by reducing track numbers. Also I would not suggest looking for forward thinkers in the Lawyer/accountant industries.

Yesterday is in the past, moving forward is the future, today and beyond. How to go forward from here is what is important.  Moving forward is what is important, Getting rid of dead wood is important and if that includes Jobs at HQ and reducing tracks/ clubs etc, so be it .

I don't want to get into a pointless debate, but you don't seem to appreciate either the history of racing in NZ Trakdap or the type of forward thinking that is needed.

As several have said on here, it isn't the small clubs that are causing the problems, and it never has been, it is the bigger metropolitan clubs that are the under achievers. They have been the under achievers for probably 50 years and nothing has changed. 

The only noticeable changes in racing over the years has been to close some of the smaller tracks (and sure some of them did need to go; Opaki, Bulls, Feilding etc) and to restrict funding to the remaining small tracks.

The one constant over this whole period has been the poor performance of the major clubs, usually coupled with an incredible arrogance from the people running those clubs.

Certainly times have changed and forward thinking is needed, but my god the quality of that forward thinking has never been very impressive.

Tom the Labour Party reward their cronies the same way when they are in office!Both main parties have served up lacklustre Ministers of Racing for decades.If Winston wins the Northland by election it would not be a bad idea to make him Minister of Racing again.He is the right "guy" for the job!

Was that injection of money a few years back something to do with Winston ?

Tackled

Read my post 84,

I am not championing the causes of the current Big Clubs. I am suggesting that we have Metro clubs and reduce the number of tracks.

I have been in the Racing game all my life (being born into it ) and believe me I am not a young un.

If Winston wins the Northland by election it would not be a bad idea to make him Minister of Racing again.He is the right "guy" for the job!

See your point Gubs. I'm not, in general terms, a Winston fan - but he's the only one in recent times who has showed any interest in the industry - or the portfolio of racing minister.   

Nathan Guy has shown himself to be about as useful to racing as an ashtray on a motorbike.

PS: Also - Winston has an IQ in 3 figures which is, to my way of thinking, an asset in these matters  ... ;)

Is that how Michael Cullen got his?

Service to the National Party?

tom,you know full well Sir Michael got his on 3 counts.

a.service to nz by sorting out nzs finances with 8 surpluses in a row

b.service to the racing industry by giving winston the funds to be the best racing minister ever

c.service to the national party by building up enough of a war chest so key could afford to buy his way in to power with tax cuts and cuddle money to the maori party that even blind freddy and his stuck in the mud conservative grey man backward thinking west coast accountant could see were unsustainable.

Tackled

Read my post 84,

I am not championing the causes of the current Big Clubs. I am suggesting that we have Metro clubs and reduce the number of tracks.

I have been in the Racing game all my life (being born into it ) and believe me I am not a young un.

Well if these 'Metro' clubs aren't based in the Cities how can they be Metro?

tom,you know full well Sir Michael got his on 3 counts.

a.service to nz by sorting out nzs finances with 8 surpluses in a row

b.service to the racing industry by giving winston the funds to be the best racing minister ever

c.service to the national party by building up enough of a war chest so key could afford to buy his way in to power with tax cuts and cuddle money to the maori party that even blind freddy and his stuck in the mud conservative grey man backward thinking west coast accountant could see were unsustainable.

Go back and talk your piffle to your dairy cows halfwit.

no place in a sensible conversation like this

OMG, does it have to be spelled out, of course they are in the main centres, it doesnt take much working out. 

But we come back to two facts in that case

(1) are you going to strip the City clubs of their assets and start new ones owning and running them?(cos otherwise you have the same old people who have mismanaged before mismanaging again)

and (2) nobody goes to the races at those venues

Or are you going to buy new ground and set up new racecourses in those City environs?  Good luck with that if that is the case.

Go back and talk your piffle to your dairy cows halfwit.

no place in a sensible conversation like this

gom back??? haha accountants are good at counting and that is all which is no doubt why you have failed to point out which of my 3 points you disagree with,but of course that would take an open mind and some fresh thinking,

gom back??? haha accountants are good at counting and that is all which is no doubt why you have failed to point out which of my 3 points you disagree with,but of course that would take an open mind and some fresh thinking,

'gom back'? What are you talking about?

Isn't there an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you should be watching?

My old boss, since departed, once described accountants as, "french letters on the pricks of progress".

'gom back'? What are you talking about?

Isn't there an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you should be watching?

hahaha.cant you remember your first attempt at post #91????.are you are having a john key brain fade again???

a wise man once said "never try and have some useful discussion with a lier"

"gom back" to post #91 little tommy tittlemouse and click on "history 1" underneath and you will see your first post and this will hopefully refresh your memory.hahahaha.talk about michael rodent.

hahaha.cant you remember your first attempt at post #91????.are you are having a john key brain fade again???

a wise man once said "never try and have some useful discussion with a lier"

"gom back" to post #91 little tommy tittlemouse and click on "history 1" underneath and you will see your first post and this will hopefully refresh your memory.hahahaha.talk about michael rodent.

cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

i knew that "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" was your favourite movie,but is it true that you are the lead in the latest peter jackson movie to be filmed entirely on the west coast,a remake of the jim carrey classic "liar,liar,liar" ??? tax breaks and publicly funded backing from your blue rinse mate don key presumably??? hahaha

Guest 2Admin2

Thread closed - degenerated into childish name calling.