RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
silver lad

FOB Turnover

Guest 2Admin2

Overall Thoroughbred turnover is only up 2.8% - given tote turnover is down then the increase is from FOB. It is possible that there has been no increase in revenue or even a loss as the tote generated revenue is a set % vs FOB which is relient on the performance of those setting the books.

Guest 2Admin2

All I'm really asking is do they make public the profit/loss of the fixed odds operation ?

Not directly or interim - you have to work it out from the published results half yearly.

Silver Lad,  I'm prompted to say the only thing the NTZR ever releases on a grand scale is wind. 

There you go guys.  I told you I would try not to be grumpy on my next post.   :)

Onward and upward.  I'll be back,  with my selections, for tomorrow at Ellerslie.

Hopefully some winners

When someone wins $160 000 of a $10 multi how much turnover do they need to offset this loss?

At an average profit margin of around 30% on multis they would only need $500k turnover to offset this type of flukey loss.  Don't worry - they make heaps off people betting on multis - its simple maths.

if we are reliant on the book making skills of hunt stafford and co to make the tab a profit off fixed odds betting as opposed to the guaranteed profit from paramutual betting is this why distributions to clubs and stake levels are so low??

how many beat the bookies bets have they lost lately??5 out of 6??

All I'm really asking is do they make public the profit/loss of the fixed odds operation ?

Using their latest bulletin TR tote turnover down $8.2m ytd and FOB turnover up $15.4m.  The average margin on tote sits around 18% and for FOB it swings around, but 11% a good estimate.  That means tote profit down $1.47m and FOB profit up $1.7m.  But then you have to pay for a few more bookies for all that extra bookmaking and incentive payments to big customers.  Plus it may not be 11% on FOB - they're so dishonest they don't report details like that!

Looks like a break even result to me - so no more money for TR unless market share shifting and overall RB costs reined in.

Using their latest bulletin TR tote turnover down $8.2m ytd and FOB turnover up $15.4m.  The average margin on tote sits around 18% and for FOB it swings around, but 11% a good estimate.  That means tote profit down $1.47m and FOB profit up $1.7m.  But then you have to pay for a few more bookies for all that extra bookmaking and incentive payments to big customers.  Plus it may not be 11% on FOB - they're so dishonest they don't report details like that!

Looks like a break even result to me - so no more money for TR unless market share shifting and overall RB costs reined in.

Thanks mate.

They could start by sending the Aussie back to where he came from, he's a dead loss anyway, then have a performance analyst do an overview and report. Once the names are outed, and the dead wood sorted, wammo, maybe with luck at least 3-4 million could be clawed back. Maybe more, be ruthless, and we just might survive and prosper.........