RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

Putting an end to rumours

Well if you don't buy your meat from a registered abattoir then that's the risk you take ( I'm assuming it's not?)

The finding claims the supplier is registered.

"27. At the time of the positive swabs he was feeding his dogs meat which he obtained from Mr Alan Cleaver of 0800forddowncow which is a licensed animal abattoir. He was told there are three types of meat being beef, greyhound mix, and a greyhound penicillin mix for puppies that are not racing. He only purchased beef."

Well it's a similar case to the kibble then isn't it?

If it's a licensed abattoir then you expect your meat to be clean, just like the kibble manufacturers.

On face value he certainly seems a bit hard done by.

Moral of the story......the RIU need to hurry up and set guidelines for threshold limits for each and every drug. It is clearly obvious that Rvegas positives where as a direct result of contaminated meat from a registered supplier of whom he brought it from in good faith...I think this decision is nothing short of disgusting. 

For what it's worth. My husband just came off the phone to me. He went to Alan Cleaver to get some meat. He was told he did not want to sell to him any more, as he was too complaining.Meat is very inconsistant! What a businessman.

Probably feels under too much pressure right now!

We are going back to Jimbos!!! At least they are professional.

Also I doubt very much if the Cleavers abattoir is licensed. 

Modest mouse I think you may wish to rethink about getting your meat from jimbos if your not happy with Alan's meet, I also doubt very much that jimbos would take meat from a follow supplier that was unlicensed..... Trust you get my drift. In my opinion Alan and team to a very good job to supply meet at an affordable rate.... After all your paying two or three times more from jimbos for the same meat. There is always going to be a risk feeding meat, the farmer is ment to declare if the beef has had anything before it's even left their site and so Alan is in trusting his suppliers are honest and professional just as we are reliant on him. The only way to avoid incorrect positives is with the introduction of testing for levels.

The next big warning from NZGRA , GRNZ , RIU and the JCA will go something like this.

Until further testing is done, the finding's of the latest workshop held between all the above agencies including the Racing Board have come to the conclusion  ,

with the welfare and Integrity of the sport in mind

All trainers will need to stop feeding there dogs both meat and kibble therefor being proactive in stopping the feeding of contaminated feeds to there dogs.

Another workshop will be Schedule sometime in the future to see if there is a need for guidelines to be set, for the threshold limits of each drug / contaminate. 

Would make a great a great Tui board ad anyway  :D

<p>

The next big warning from NZGRA , GRNZ , RIU and the JCA will go something like this. Until further testing is done, the finding's of the latest workshop held between all the above agencies including the Racing Board have come to the conclusion , with the welfare and Integrity of the sport in mind . All trainers will need to stop feeding there dogs both meat and kibble therefor being proactive in stopping the feeding of contaminated feeds to there dogs.

Don't forget the part... And we'll be scratching all of your dogs from the next upcoming meeting because they might have had some meat or kibble.&nbsp;</p>

The investigation into the kibble has been completed.

http://www.riu.org.nz/announcements/mediarelease-greyhoundmorphineinvestigation

It appears the RIU has been very sensible in their decision.

It sounds like they want the purse money returned while at the same time suggest no other liability against the trainers. 

I feel it's the best possible outcome to an unfortunate situation in which no one (other than possibly the kibble manufacture) had done anything wrong.

Commonsense prevails.

Those who thought commonsense was prevailing, myself included, were incorrect.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/appeal-riu-v-ga-lawrence-decision-dated-1-may-2015

3.6 As indicated earlier the Racing Integrity Unit sought to have the fine imposed on Mr Lawrence by the Judicial Committee quashed because of the absence of any culpable conduct on his part associated with the breaches of R. 87.1 he admitted. For the reasons just outlined we do not accept that absence of culpable conduct on Mr Lawrence’s part justifies the quashing of the fine imposed in its entirety, but as previously acknowledged it is a factor to be taken account of when penalties for such breaches are fixed.

It seems crazy that they find there was no  fault on Scotts part but the fine is to punish, deter and rehabilitate. As Scott quite rightly said "what else could I have done"?

Obviously every trainer in NZ is in a position where a case may successfully be bought against them every time they race and over which they will have no defence even after proving no fault. Mr Grimstone for the RIU seemed determined to get a pound of flesh no matter what was presented.

Remember that the Wellington Zoo had a contract with a supplier of meat for their Lions. The supplier had signed a contract saying the meat would be free of any contaminates, drugs or additives yet they got a batch of meat that didn't  just make the Lions perform better, it killed a couple of them.