RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

c;mon Twigg ask fatboy

..... and...on Des Coppin's show on Sunday...RDYTY ( The Te Aroha guru, TED ) asked why was Ellerslie not

transferring its Derby Day to this Sunday 1st March.

The International Cricket is on, in Auckland on Saturday and provides an excellent

opportunity to combine a Cricket Day and Racing Day weekend double header.

Instead, they choose to go head to head with the Cricket ! Unbelievable !

I assume this option just never crossed the minds of Mr Castles and the other Auckland Racing Club paid employees..

If it did, then why didn't it happen?

There would have to be a very good number of reasons that could be explained on this site or via The Informant or The Herald's, Mike Dillon.

Have they even organised for the TV 3  DERBY to be shown on main stream TV ( i.e. TV 3 ) with full pre and post race coverage ? 

When Weigh in started I watched and thought who was this opinionated guy ( Twiggy) and I new Butch Castles . I thought Butch spoke with a lot of knowledge but has since gone down in my estimation as I believe its all about his little world AKA Ellerslie .As for Twiggy he has grabbed my attention because he has the guts to come out and say what he thinks which I admire that's journalism and freedom of speech personified . There was obvious tension there on Monday's night show but to me the arrogance of Castle to I believe defend the decision was a travesty he was entitled to his opinion but to sit there and watch the replay and say it was the other 2 horses fault as well WOW . Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the show I think DA does a good job hosting and is not biased in any way but Castles is getting on my wick

I do not watch the show. Television is a VISUAL medium and I do not need my consciousness offended by the sight of that repulsive specimen Castles slouching in a lazyboy. His credibility IMO replicates his lack of physical self-respect derived from his obvious predilection for picking up another sausage roll when he should actually be re-gurgitating the last one he swallowed.

I do not watch the show. Television is a VISUAL medium and I do not need my consciousness offended by the sight of that repulsive specimen Castles slouching in a lazyboy. His credibility IMO replicates his lack of physical self-respect derived from his obvious predilection for picking up another sausage roll when he should actually be re-gurgitating the last one he swallowed.

I do watch the show as I believe the presenters (both Twiggy and Butch) are extremely knowledgeable and while I sometimes don't agree with their opinions (and I certainly don't agree with Butch regarding the protest) isn't the point of such a show to have different opinions?  I think it's rather sad that several people on here see the need to make personal insults regarding the presenters appearance because they don't agree with his opinion - would you prefer the show had a couple of "good looking" Trackside presenters with limited racing knowledge that could never form their own opinion and just stuck to the Trackside line - that would make for really great viewing....

dead set chevy - that post is bang out of order.

As you showed on the Serena Miss protest thread you like tossing around insults etc. As a result  I don't place any weight on any of your opinions

Castles obviously has compulsive-addictive, self-control disorders in at least one part of his life, maybe he has it in others too. The thing that struck me most about that show was Castles and Shailer were both arguing the Matamata protest with ulterior motives, not giving their honest opinion (at least on Castles' part). Isn't Castles the manager of Leith Innes, and Shailer manager of McNab, both of whom were involved in that protest?

Castles obviously has compulsive-addictive, self-control disorders in at least one part of his life, maybe he has it in others too. The thing that struck me most about that show was Castles and Shailer were both arguing the Matamata protest with ulterior motives, not giving their honest opinion (at least on Castles' part). Isn't Castles the manager of Leith Innes, and Shailer manager of McNab, both of whom were involved in that protest?

Yes, according to the latest edition of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing magazine. Wonder if the producer of Weigh In has ever heard of the term full disclosure?

dead set chevy - that post is bang out of order.

As you showed on the Serena Miss protest thread you like tossing around insults etc. As a result  I don't place any weight on any of your opinions

Well said.  Now what will scooby do. When I protested at the same poster and a couple others the response was "some like complaining."

Ive always thought people who start the name calling do so to try and make up for shortcomings in their own pathetic lives. Those that do it under a fake name whole hiding behind a computer 1 hand on the mouse the other under the table need to have a long look at themselves in the mirror. Play the ball not the man. I dont agree with butch on the protest but i believe he does a good job for racing and i enjoy the show. Tall poppy syndrome,look it up some of you may see a picture of yourself in websters.

[quote name="lecithin"  I think it's rather sad that several people on here see the need to make personal insults regarding the presenters appearance because they don't agree with his opinion - would you prefer the show had a couple of "good looking" Trackside presenters with limited racing knowledge that could never form their own opinion and just stuck to the Trackside line - that would make for really great viewing...."

God no Leccy....we have several of those thrust upon us now....the term "good looking" is subjective obviously....;)

Ive always thought people who start the name calling do so to try and make up for shortcomings in their own pathetic lives. Those that do it under a fake name whole hiding behind a computer 1 hand on the mouse the other under the table need to have a long look at themselves in the mirror. Play the ball not the man. I dont agree with butch on the protest but i believe he does a good job for racing and i enjoy the show. Tall poppy syndrome,look it up some of you may see a picture of yourself in websters.

I believe I was expressing a valid personal opinion and only "expanding" on the thread title-line! How many of you have actually seen Castles waddling around Ellerslie, shirt usually hanging out and sometimes remonstrating with pissed tossers instead of calling security. It is not a good look. Further, too many posters seem to repeat the mistake of thinking all these presenters are their mates. Twiggy, Butch, Pops, Sweens, Dave O,are cutesy little pet-names that have no place in professional delivery as per Oz racing shows.

Thought it was funny when a couple of weeks ago someone asked Twiggy about Element a stable runner, ridden by ex girlfriend and her father has a share in it , that they expected to win only to say it was ridden upside down and they where sending it to the physicist to get its head space right after such a bad ride. How come he coughs and splutters over his horses and easily criticizes everyone else. Then I see Element race the other day and its infront and kicked on well to run second, ridden handy like the last time so maybe twiggy when to the physicist with it.

Thanks bloke i apologise if i have offended you (although i never said anything it was all implied and you joined the dots)

I also never called any particular person a name,just made a generalisation. If it was to crude i take it back.

My point is i own what i say by posting with my real name. Its gutless to have cheap shots at someone while posting under a fake name end of story.

If we go back to the Von's original comment in this thread about having to leave nominations open for the Auckland meeting and also take note of Castles claim on Weigh In that at this time of year there are just not the horses around, then it begs the question as to why they run the Cup meeting in late February early March?

If we go back to the Von's original comment in this thread about having to leave nominations open for the Auckland meeting and also take note of Castles claim on Weigh In that at this time of year there are just not the horses around, then it begs the question as to why they run the Cup meeting in late February early March?

Pardon moi French, does shit for brains resonate?........pain is natures warning, financial and physical, these people don't feel it, hence my analogy.

Hesi i was trying to make the point that some of us seem to "get off" on bagging others. My point is still correct my attempt at humour may have missed the mark .Thats ok the marble doesnt always land on black we move on have a drink and another spin. personal attacks from behind a computer are uncalled for and gutless.