RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
beerwithduncan

Yea but,yea but,yea but.

Over the years the Australians have been dream killers for NZ Cricket. Almost every time we looked like rolling them we'd have those hopes obliterated by an Australian batsmen who made our bowlers look like one legged schoolboys.Back in January 2002 NZ looked to have Australia on toast in the tri series at the MCG.  The Australians were 82 for 6 in the 22nd over. In comes Michael Bevan and blasts NZ off the field with an unbeaten 102 off 93 balls. It was soul destroying for Kiwi's to witness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/2429037/Bevan-blasts-Australia-to-victory.html

Ok we beat them in the 92 World Cup at Eden Park and that tasted mighty fine but that was 23 years ago and we can't dine out on that forever. That dream was quickly replaced by the nightmare of Pakistan and Inzamam-Ul-Haq

Now we have the best NZ Cricket team I've ever seen. Kiwi's are daring to dream....but Australia is just waiting to crush the dream all over again. 

Who have NZ beaten this summer? An out of form Sri Lanka who were missing their star bowler Lasif Malinga out with injury. A bowler who has toyed with NZ batsmen in the past. We've seen repeatedly how just one player can make all the difference. We've beaten a woefully out of form and badly coached Pakistan team who normally only win when it matters anyway. We've also beaten England who are just pathetic at the moment. What's more is we've beaten these teams at home. It's not the beating of them that has so impressed me. It's the way they have gone about it. If one of our batsmen fail there is another then another just waiting to stand up and be counted. This is not a luxury the NZ team has enjoyed in the past. Not only do NZ win they do so in such magnificent fashion you are left believing they can now beat anyone.

To my eye South Africa are not the force many predicted them to be at this World Cup. India have been far more impressive. They and Australia are the only two teams who can beat this Kiwi team.

As far as I'm concerned Brendon McCullum is a National Treasure. Without a shadow of a doubt he's the most impressive NZ sportsperson I've ever had the privilege of witnessing. A very smart and gifted player who is our captain courageous. His batting style is the best sporting entertainment you'll ever cop. I just love the way he stands up and is not worried or intimidated by any player or any team in fact it's him doing the intimidating. He's the best captain in world cricket at this time. He's backed up by world class bowling,several top line batsmen,superb fielding and the best coaching team NZ has ever had. Long may it continue.

What McCullum and the NZ team did to England last week is the stuff of legends. They didn't just win, they annihilated the English. That got the attention of every cricket player,cricket team and cricket supporters around the world.

Now comes Australia. In February 1983 Australia wasted NZ in the two match series at the MCG. In the final they scored a then record of 8 for 302. We were all out for 149. Nobody gives a shit about who won. That match was remembered for something else. Lance Cairns.

He came out when all hope for the Kiwi's was gone. We were humiliated and then Lance did his thing. He belted six sixes in ten balls and won legendary status.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/kiwi-cairns-six-sixes-in-1983-20130202-2drv9.html

NZ are good enough now to beat Australia when it matters without doubt. We are all sick of being the poorer cousins from the Shaky Isles who the Australians routinely put us in our place.

NZ beating the Australians at Eden Park on Saturday will be so much more than NZ just winning a cricket match.  Send the Australian batsmen back with their tail between their legs. Knock Mitchell Johnson out of their attack with six's all over the park.

Rise Sir Brendon McCullum and NZ Cricket. Pay the believers.....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!