RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mcmissile

Trouble brewing......

Mass greyhound grave found in Queensland

http://www.3news.co.nz/world/mass-greyhound-grave-found-in-queensland-2015040317

A Queensland greyhound trainer is one of two people arrested and charged after the discovery of a mass dog grave near Bundaberg north of Brisbane.

Fifty-five greyhounds were discovered dead – the shooting has been described as one of the worst cases of animal cruelty in the state's history. 

It was a combined bust - police and animal welfare officers together arresting the 64-year-old woman, raiding her house and seizing weapons.

"What I believe has happened here has been the mass murder of 55 greyhounds outside of Bundaberg," says Queensland Police Minister Jo- Ann Miller.

A tip off led police and RSPCA officers to the remote wildlife reserve, where they found the burnt remains of dozens of dogs - some with bullet wounds.

"A number of spent 22 cartridge shells were found in the vicinity," says Queensland Police Detective Inspector Mark Ainsworth.

Microchips used to register the dogs with racing authorities were also discovered.

The 200-metre patch of bush land is now a crime scene.

"We are hoping if there are similar sites such as this, we will come across them during the investigation," says Daniel Young from the RSPCA.

Racing Queensland chief executive Darren Condon is refusing to rule out suspending greyhound racing in the state.

"We won't rule that out at this stage," says Mr Condon. "Every option is on the table as we have said from the outset, every stone will be overturned, every blade of grass will be looked at and every decision will be made that is appropriate for the community."

The latest blow to the image of greyhound racing comes on the heels of revelations of widespread live baiting in the sport in February that has resulted in arrests and 23 trainers being stood down.

Greyhound racing is a sport many now want shut down.

"If you shut down the racing industry, how many thousands of greyhounds are out there, what do they do with them if they're not racing?" says Stephen Bland from the Bundaberg Greyhound Club.

"The people who have perpetrated this crime to me are oxygen thieves," says Ms Miller. "They are cowards and they are pathetic."

This case has been a stern warning on another dark day for greyhound racing. 

A 64-year-old female trainer and 71-year-old man have been charged with firearm offences.

They will face court next month with police expected to lay further charges.

3 News

Mass greyhound grave found in Queensland

http://www.3news.co.nz/world/mass-greyhound-grave-found-in-queensland-2015040317

A Queensland greyhound trainer is one of two people arrested and charged after the discovery of a mass dog grave near Bundaberg north of Brisbane.

Fifty-five greyhounds were discovered dead – the shooting has been described as one of the worst cases of animal cruelty in the state's history. 

It was a combined bust - police and animal welfare officers together arresting the 64-year-old woman, raiding her house and seizing weapons.

"What I believe has happened here has been the mass murder of 55 greyhounds outside of Bundaberg," says Queensland Police Minister Jo- Ann Miller.

A tip off led police and RSPCA officers to the remote wildlife reserve, where they found the burnt remains of dozens of dogs - some with bullet wounds.

"A number of spent 22 cartridge shells were found in the vicinity," says Queensland Police Detective Inspector Mark Ainsworth.

Microchips used to register the dogs with racing authorities were also discovered.

The 200-metre patch of bush land is now a crime scene.

"We are hoping if there are similar sites such as this, we will come across them during the investigation," says Daniel Young from the RSPCA.

Racing Queensland chief executive Darren Condon is refusing to rule out suspending greyhound racing in the state.

"We won't rule that out at this stage," says Mr Condon. "Every option is on the table as we have said from the outset, every stone will be overturned, every blade of grass will be looked at and every decision will be made that is appropriate for the community."

The latest blow to the image of greyhound racing comes on the heels of revelations of widespread live baiting in the sport in February that has resulted in arrests and 23 trainers being stood down.

Greyhound racing is a sport many now want shut down.

"If you shut down the racing industry, how many thousands of greyhounds are out there, what do they do with them if they're not racing?" says Stephen Bland from the Bundaberg Greyhound Club.

"The people who have perpetrated this crime to me are oxygen thieves," says Ms Miller. "They are cowards and they are pathetic."

This case has been a stern warning on another dark day for greyhound racing. 

A 64-year-old female trainer and 71-year-old man have been charged with firearm offences.

They will face court next month with police expected to lay further charges.

3 News

Very sad Hedley. And you know, we are not immune to it. What with the live baiting, half burn't dog body's turning up Sth of Auckland, all have the potential to finish us. I do not know the answer to this sorry state of affairs other than anybody with knowledge of these happenings to report it immediately. The quicker these people that are live baiting, and shooting perfectly sound dogs are thrown out of the industry for good, the better of we will be.

The NZGRA now have documentary proof of all Greyhounds whelped and imported into NZ. Are they going to especially all the big kennels and following up on whats happened to all the dogs not racing anymore?. They should be requiring proof from all LP's as to where the dogs are. If put down by a Vet they need to see proof. This is not hard as Vets will have record. If dogs are found to have simply disapeared, and LP cannot give plausable explanation for disappearance, then charge them and get rid of them permantly.  This should now be happening, but i'v yet to here that this is so.

We now employ a Welfare Officer at great cost. What is he doing other than writing feel good storys in the journal. I see very little concrete action from him. Not a single charge on anybody, and yet there will be mass graves in some kennels offal pits containing shot Greyhounds here in NZ. This has been the norm. So an account of all the Greyhounds registered to LP's is absolutely nessesary now.

John Goode.

We got the new rule after the Phil Green affair that all dogs that were euthanised were to be done so by a vet, to my knowledge this rule has never ever been enforced.

It was just a reaction to the negative press at the time that they thought would appease the public.

When I retired my 2 dogs I was never asked for their racing papers to be handed in like we were supposed to, nor have I ever been asked where my dogs are and what happened to them.

If they are going to bring in rules how about they actually make people abide by them, absolutely nothing has changed in regards to people getting rid of their dogs.

This was supposed to be a Welfare Officer job but once again everything that comes from his mouth seems to be just lip service and nothing more.

Yes I agree Luke he has really not put up in my opinion , but then I guess look who is on our board , everyone of them a gunna ( IN MY OPINION ), what happened to this communication that was going to happen between the board , grnz office and LP"s.....Has anyone seen or heard from our LP rep since the revote or is he on a six month holiday ??????

If you have a welfare problem all this  guy does is put it back in the hands of the club you are having the problem with, we are a large kennel and have only been able this season to get three dogs into gap , Love to see what spending a million dollars has done for the rehoming OF  greyhounds ?????? It will end up like Rocketship , Dutchbook .

I find it quite ironic that most of the people adding fuel to a very small fire here are the ones at near retirement age....are you all trying your best to stuff a industry before you all slip away from its existence? Funny how most if not all other industries are working positively towards setting a future for there predecessors yet you lot are doing your best to shut this one down.....sour bunch of grapes this harvest I reckon.

Slim Shady, on 04 Apr 2015 - 4:00 PM, said:

I find it quite ironic that most of the people adding fuel to a very small fire here are the ones at near retirement age....are you all trying your best to stuff a industry before you all slip away from its existence? Funny how most if not all other industries are working positively towards setting a future for there predecessors yet you lot are doing your best to shut this one down.....sour bunch of grapes this harvest I reckon.

Do you have proof of this or just more shyte stirring??? You seem a sad individual yourself, from what i can see posters are expressing honest opinions, no hidden agenda from what I can see...please elaborate???

Most certainly I will elaborate, more so for the fact of you referring to me as a sad individual. The majority of this tread is about the sick bastards who have been apprehended in Australia for disgusting treatment of greyhounds but then theres the poster who imply its happening here on a regular basis, if aquaman knows so much about it why doesnt he blow the whistle on the offenders instead of stirring an already volatile pot. He states about the Sth Akl incident and livebaiting??? Uummm no livebaiting cases have been documented here in 20yrs?? Evidence if so please or leave it out I say.

aquaman, on 04 Apr 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

Very sad Hedley. And you know, we are not immune to it. What with the live baiting, half burn't dog body's turning up Sth of Auckland, all have the potential to finish us. I do not know the answer to this sorry state of affairs other than anybody with knowledge of these happenings to report it immediately. The quicker these people that are live baiting, and shooting perfectly sound dogs are thrown out of the industry for good, the better of we will be.

The NZGRA now have documentary proof of all Greyhounds whelped and imported into NZ. Are they going to especially all the big kennels and following up on whats happened to all the dogs not racing anymore?. They should be requiring proof from all LP's as to where the dogs are. If put down by a Vet they need to see proof. This is not hard as Vets will have record. If dogs are found to have simply disapeared, and LP cannot give plausable explanation for disappearance, then charge them and get rid of them permantly. This should now be happening, but i'v yet to here that this is so.

We now employ a Welfare Officer at great cost. What is he doing other than writing feel good storys in the journal. I see very little concrete action from him. Not a single charge on anybody, and yet there will be mass graves in some kennels offal pits containing shot Greyhounds here in NZ. This has been the norm. So an account of all the Greyhounds registered to LP's is absolutely nessesary now.

John Goode.

So prove what you say or retract it please.No rumours in here.

Slim Shady, on 04 Apr 2015 - 6:46 PM, said:

Most certainly I will elaborate, more so for the fact of you referring to me as a sad individual. The majority of this tread is about the sick bastards who have been apprehended in Australia for disgusting treatment of greyhounds but then theres the poster who imply its happening here on a regular basis, if aquaman knows so much about it why doesnt he blow the whistle on the offenders instead of stirring an already volatile pot. He states about the Sth Akl incident and livebaiting??? Uummm no livebaiting cases have been documented here in 20yrs?? Evidence if so please or leave it out I say.

But that does not mean they are old and trying to close the industry down..which was what you stated??

I ask this question dlim, where do most of the dogs go once they are retired? Because alot of them certaintly do not go to gap. Especially some of the biggger kennels that can have a whole new kennel block of dogsevery so often, but you dont see one dog on the gap list. Does this not make you even a little suspicous?