RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mcmissile

Trouble brewing......

GRNSW c.e.o. Brent Hogan needs to 'go'.

"

In 2012, Hogan told the parliamentary inquiry that he hoped it didn't get sidetracked by "outlandish, hysterical and ridiculous allegations".

Hogan said Tuesday that at the time of the 2012 inquiry they did not have any evidence about live baiting; Hogan has also denied that the practise is systemic or widespread. "

Mr.Hogan!..the Four Corners documentry revealed outlandish cheating and cruelty 'allegations',

...the revelations have caused rightful hysteria, and that the covert coverage provokes Ridicule upon GRNSW of which You are the c.e.o. Of!

..your current exclaimations and hand wringing is a convenient feign for purporting to being astonished and infuriated . . .just get on with proactivating 'stings' and surveilences that bring ALL the cheating terrorisms to a complete 'stamped Out'..HAULT

"Get Busy..NOW!"

(and i haven't even touched upon the ill gotten gains of money swirling around the detritus slime that benefit at the punting pool's expense., a gross fraud on a grand scale)

Hedley....The sad thing is our administration is doing the same thing with the welfare officers statement on our website , writing words does nothing ,action does, the ceo of greyhounds Australasia made it clear these tracks were to far away from there offices to check on, ( 1 hr in most cases ) The fact is as you said GRNZ GET BUSY NOW and let us know what you have really done instead of all this window dressing you are doing,

JUST A SUGGESTION>>>>>

The Chairman of your Greyhound Racing Board is a licensed trainer.

Would it be fitting and Timely for him to state under oath perhaps that he personally has never been involved in this practise?,...........  so that he can lead by an example those under his control to once and for all clean this shocking revelation up.

I did - I rang the SPCA about greyhound trainers using live chickens towed behind cars at Kariotahi beach (west of Waiuku) to give their dogs live kills.  I was told that unless I could give them vehicle details such as rego numbers they couldn't do anything.

I did - I rang the SPCA about greyhound trainers using live chickens towed behind cars at Kariotahi beach (west of Waiuku) to give their dogs live kills.  I was told that unless I could give them vehicle details such as rego numbers they couldn't do anything.

I'm sure the 0800 RIU hotline investigators would have more "liberal" procedures to conduct an investigation as they'd firstly be dealing with greyhound racing rules, not the common law. The SPCA wouldn't have any direct interest in NZGRA rules.

Also there in no statute of limitations in terms of timeframe that I'm aware of anywhere in the NZGRA rules.

Food for thought regardless.

I think someones telling porkys here. Sounds like a very unlikely story to me with very little evidence for you to back your claim up.

I'd like to think that if anyone was practising live baiting in NZ, they've immediately stopped doing so.

Think about this, by doing it you might have been gaining some sort of short term advantage. But once you get caught, which I feel is much more likely, as I believe 95% of the RIU's attention will be all over this in the coming few months, you'll be out of a job and/or career for good. It's also highly likely you'd even do some jail time. I for one wouldn't be outside any courthouse waving a sign asking for leniency.

Unless you're fond of flipping burgers at some fast food joint or something to that effect, stop live baiting now and forget it ever even existed, if it's not already to late for you.

After seeing that video heds i was wondering which one was the more evil, death by 1080 poison or on an aussie training track? By shear numbers DOC has more to answer for,i cant even run over roadkill out of respect so seeing these acts first hand i would probably blow the place up. The old man use to train 4 greyhounds and we would go down to the big local reserve and the brothers and i would hold the dogs as he ran off in his gumboots..:) was always a hoot,and then let them loose,they would chase hard..We would go to kumeu dogs on sundays and would be a fantastic family day,other trainers would take their dogs to flat beaches and walk and run at certain depths for preperation,and with good success NEVER using live killing methods...is greyhound racing the problem ? No chance,everyone i knew loved their animals and were animal lovers...can the lure of money in greyhound racing change a person to the point they become cruel?more likely in their nature regardless of their pursuit

Good points Gruffy., the 1080 poisoning programme is a horrific disgrace that's happening as we speak :o

D.O.C. is the department of terror and extermination of all it's meant to be protecting..but i digress :(

'Live kills' has long been and im sure still is a common training tool in this country, . How many race cafe users can tell me they havent heard the term 'live kill'? , 

I've never owned a greyhound, don't know of any trainers personally, but have heard of the term live kill, It's usually used once a dog has lost the desire to chase, after a live kill you will usually see the dog ping the boxes.

This has the potential to I would imagine, not end the sport, but suspend the sport, there would be plenty of decent people trainers out there who would never involve themselves in this barbaric act, but they would be well aware that this practice is common ground,  the worrying thing for the guilty, is who will speak up who will point the finger.

Plenty of peoples career's are at stake, and if they go down how many will they take with them? so for the barbaric few who have used live kills, it is you people who need to feel responsible for the lively hood of the trainers who have never engaged in this disgraceful act, and who may struggle if in fact the sport is suspended.

We speak about cruelty to animals, when in fact the most cruelest of all animals is in fact the Human Being

..what a disgracefull set of emphatic statements by Greg Kerr..the GRNZ animal welfare manager.

as far as press spin goes, it was very poor and totally unconvincing to the point it just makes you feel that plenty probabley Is going on in NZ., "Where do we get these people from :o "

Spot Checks!, wow That's robust;

" Harsh penalties were introduced for live baiting in late 2013 in New Zealand, and random spot checks were carried out regularly, GRNZ animal welfare manager Greg Kerr said. Rulebreakers faced a minimum $10,000 fine and a life ban.

"It's a really robust, stringent set of rules," Kerr said.

"Everybody is under the spotlight."

No instances of live baiting had been found since the rules were introduced, and Kerr had been unable to find much evidence of live baiting in the 20 years prior, he said. Any signs of small animals being kept were looked for by inspectors, he said.

"Hand on heart, you may get somebody that is trying to flaunt it. But they will be caught."

The Australian expose was a bad look for greyhound racing here, Kerr said.

"It's not good. We're doing good work, and it's getting unravelled by the Australians."

Australia differed from New Zealand in having private training grounds, whereas New Zealand grounds were all overseen by GRNZ, Kerr said.

Live baiting was believed to enhance a dog's prey drive, but was not proven to work, Kerr said. "

....that last sentence's end was very telling how ill informed Greg Kerr Is!

Just seems we live In a world that has so many double standard rules. About Animals been killed for culling or shooting seasons etc, but What I found disturbing was a baby torn from it's mother and

Killed in front of its eyes, it may only be an Oposum, but it new what was happening, that was done by a person who is sick and callouse, The way to punish these people is not just jail but hard labour and a massive fine payable to the SPCA not the government, just a my thought, That prick needs the book thrown at him. How do we no they wouldn't do these things to people they dislike etc, makes you think

Well I just caused a riot amongst my family when I just informed them our cats have to go in case the riu turn up and consider them small game. Jesus people this is a storm in a tea cup, this footage was not even filmed in nz for fark sake, its in aus not here! In my opinion theres no way that story should of even made our nz network news. As ive said before on this site pig hunting with dogs will be the first "sport" under the spotlight before dog racing, just imagine a pack of 8 or more dogs mauling a living animal to death over a period of 10 or more minutes depending on the size of the pig before the hunter finally gets there to slit its throat?

Storm in a tea cup. Incredible attitude. All im reading from you is, 'its aussie not us' and 'what about pig hunting'. NZ trainers have been given a chance to dodge a bullet with this! And if the sport is lucky enough to survive this 'storm' then it could turn into a positive, but talking about positives at this point in time almost seems inappropriate.