RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mcmissile

Trouble brewing......

Wow for anyone still awake go to twitter and type in #4corners . Some massive names being dropped in this story, John Thompson, Darren McDonald. The repercussions of this will be MASSIVE.

( apologies, unreliable source on twitter where I was following the unfoldings, felt silly once I watched it the next day.)

'Live kills' has long been and im sure still is a common training tool in this country, just ask anyone whos worked for a trainer, they will either say yes or lie. How many race cafe users can tell me they havent heard the term 'live kill'? , for some trainers its as common as giving their dog a bath. Just another despicable secret this sport has. I love the game but its time we stop lying and denying, this stuff has got to stop, the future of our sport depends on it.

hope they have a better jca than we do and chuck the books at them all!!!

sickos the lot of them!!!!

they are so stupid too it wont make your dogs run faster it just makes them unmanageable and aggressive!!!

it would get put under the carpet over here as usual!!

please get rid of them for all us honest good trainers that don't use this type of training!!

I am absolutely sickened by what I have just watched,,I just hope that those people involved do get a life ban from the industry and personally I think some of those involved should get jail and I hope they do....

Merv O'Brien

so what your saying merv is that you have never seen this before 

I can guarantee many a defenseless animal have been released from cages around nz in light of these revelations as some nz greyhound trainers would be shitting themselves! That can only be good and a leveler for the 'good, honest' trainers, that is of course if this dosent cause irreparable damage and possible extinction of the sport!

I can guarantee many a defenseless animal have been released from cages around nz in light of these revelations as some nz greyhound trainers would be shitting themselves!

If this is indeed the case Lowdown, then it will be very interesting to see how each kennels form line stacks up over the next few months compared to the last few. How would they be able to cope with one less unfair advantage? Cheats generally don't fare very well when the playing field is level for everyone.

I don't believe my car mechanic wouldn't be nearly as effective fixing a problem with my car, if he suddenly couldn't use one of his important tools anymore.

I know they make radar, motion & metal detectors. I wonder how many in our industry are on TradeMe searching for "hidden camera or microphone detector"?

If live baiters are here as well, I hope the knots of worry in their chest makes sleeping nearly impossible for them. Gaviscon or Mylanta anyone? And no, not for your dogs.

Lowdown, on 17 Feb 2015 - 3:25 PM, said:

I can guarantee many a defenseless animal have been released from cages around nz in light of these revelations as some nz greyhound trainers would be shitting themselves! That can only be good and a leveler for the 'good, honest' trainers, that is of course if this dosent cause irreparable damage and possible extinction of the sport!

if this is what the "sport " does it needs to be exterminated... for good... these people who partake in this type of training are not humans... they are no better than the greyhounds..animals... the greyhounds are actually better they would never do anything so disgustingly cruel.

The RSPCA in collaboration with local government, should announce that they will be doing random visits to kennels 24/7 around Australia and NZ and if anything is found in relation to this, surveillance, and even doing samples on dogs teeth, coat and saliva for traces of other animal DNA, the racing kennels and breaking in kennels will be shut down permanently and fines imposed with state and local government backing.

I think random visits pose the biggest threat to them because they don't know when they will happen.  Public Investigations are never tight and secure because of the word of mouth and the time it takes to check things, trace things, assimilate evidence.  The one-off out of the blue continuous hard hits are most effective.

If the Aussie Greyhound racing is raking in that much then they can afford to spend some dosh in cleaning it up and to be loud and proud about it.. showing in the media and marketing that it is going on.   New Zealand can roll off this and push the no toleration wagon.

I watched the full story earlier on and it brought tears to my eyes, it was a very tough watch. The level of cruelty is totally unthinkable. It was all very disturbing but I think I found the Queensland part particularly disturbing. The lady showing the camera crew through her kennels and then being caught on camera was unbelievable.

As part of this uncovering, there will be many, many people come out and say how shocked and appalled they are about this that have been doing this themselves. Every person on the video who was questioned about it said they didn't know of it happening anymore, and they were then caught red-handed.

The fact that this level of live baiting could be detected by Animals Australia, without any real inside links to the industry, and with a shoestring budget, just goes to show just how systemic and cancerous this problem is across the sport. Anyone who thinks this is just a small group of people is either very stupid or lying to themselves.

I thought the reaction of the Greyhound Australasia CEO was very poor. How someone can be surprised to learn of this going on, but then be able to say confidently that it isn't a wide spread problem is a disgrace. The only explanation I can come up with is that there is a total unwillingness from the governing bodies of greyhound racing to uncover and stamp out this type of behaviour. It is a real shame that it takes such an expose and public outcry for action to be taken by the so-called leaders.

Anything short of a life ban is piss weak in respect of anyone implicated in this kind of behaviour.

From today onwards I withdraw my financial support via the punt from greyhound racing across NZ and Australia until such time as I am confident the sport is free from such atrocious abuses of innocent animals that are unable to defend themselves.

If the industry cannot or does not stamp this behaviour out entirely, then I hope the industry dies a quick death as nothing justifies this level of unashamed cruelty. No one should be profiting from an industry where this type of thing goes on.

I'm not a violent person but watching this video made me wish ill on these people who are very sad excuses for human beings. Perhaps they can be strung up to wooden planks and dragged around a track for lions and tigers to chase, and left alive and suffering while they are pulled apart.

I am absolutely sickened by what I have just watched,,I just hope that those people involved do get a life ban from the industry and personally I think some of those involved should get jail and I hope they do....

Merv O'Brien

. Unfortunately you will find these sick puppies will not get jail as the evidence was obtained illegally, but they will get banned for life,

The problem as i see it, is our weak NZGRA that in times such as this is found wanting.  Throw in a JCA thats even weaker as evidenced by there continual prosecution of trivial matters, and there lack of vigour in tackling drugs, and even worse, when they finally get the drug cheats into court, they then smack them lightly on the hand, and say don't do it again.  This approach extends to serial cheats. We all know who they are, continually getting caught, blame the meat, slap on the hand, carry on training.

Cheats abound in the industry, most not getting caught because of our cheap nasty useless testing regime, only capable of detecting simple drugs. How many have been running on Cobalt?. How many dogs are racing on Anabolic Steroids, they wouldn't have a clue. Because of this weak garbage approach these same cheats would be emboldened by their success with drugs, and live baiting would just be another tool in their chest. Its not new, been happeniing as long as there has been racing in NZ. 

I well remember the cell phone wrought. For those not familar with it, it works like this. Give dog live kill whilst having a particular ring tone going so as the dog gets to identify ring tone with kill. Then have somebody ring just as the target dog is been loaded in the boxes. This is why our weak NZGRA outlawed cell phones whilst parading dogs. Most people know which kennel started this, as a disgruntled ex employee shelved them to the NZGRA. It goe's without saying, the NZGRA did nothing other than bring in the cell phone ban. Meanwhile live kills carried on uninterupted.

This animal behaviour puts the Greyhound industry on the same level as Pit Bull fighting, Cock fighting etc. In fact thinking about it, its worse.

This in my opinion is what happens when you don't tackle cheats appropriatly. Hitting them with pathetic fines, allowing cheats to just carry on in another name is the root cause of where we now find ourselves. This i believe is the beginning of the end of Greyhound racing.