RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
johnnybooy

Ban allowing dogs to race 2 days in a row

It depends on the dog, i have seen some dogs thrive off this tactic, I remrmber a few years ago there was one dog (cant remember the name sorry) that used to race sunday at auck than would go to manawatu the next day and win. I believe it happened two or three times with this dog

Protect the punters and animals

Punters are protected by having a form line to read, previous race dates included.

It'd be different if the dogs Friday night race wasn't in the form line for the Saturday meet. 

You cant compare backing up a  dog now compared to 5 or 10  or 30 years ago, or going around at some  picnic meeting, the tracks are a lot faster, the dogs are a lot faster . I will be writing an email to the Animal Welfare officer, You would never see many C5 dogs going around 2 days in a row these days

your a Richard Cranium then. 

call me what you like but good trainers don't race there good dogs two days in a row, I asked a top trainer in Aussie what he thought of this  and laughed at me and said it should not be allowed at all

I think this is a knee jerk reaction from johnnyboy because a fog failed yesterday. I can think of miss alegro and follow fame you might be referring to? Perhaps he backed them to get the double? If a trainer checks their dog over and it is full of beans next morning then no problem. Now I know some trainer's dont have the nessacary skills to make such a judgment but that is a whole other issue. I did it once, the bitch was her normal self next morning, she ran a place both Friday and Saturday night. Didn't race again until Friday, no problem.

call me what you like but good trainers don't race there good dogs two days in a row, I asked a top trainer in Aussie what he thought of this  and laughed at me and said it should not be allowed at all

I'm with you johnnyboy. There is absolutely no excuse for lining a dog up two days in a row except for greed. We have racing oportunitys coming out of our ears, and yet you have dills that would try and race them every 24hrs. Shows the calibre  of some of our so called trainers. These dogs invariably have a short shelf life. The only exception i would make is picknick meetings such as Hawera where its not about money, but a social event, and one off.

aquaman jonnyboy so called experts have any of you raced a greyhound ? The 2 dogs that backed up where both in 305m races yes?

Aquaman back in the day im talking ages ago did you use to train your greyhounds to run free? out in the bush how far would they run and would you do this every day ?

aquaman jonnyboy so called experts have any of you raced a greyhound ? The 2 dogs that backed up where both in 305m races yes?

Aquaman back in the day im talking ages ago did you use to train your greyhounds to run free? out in the bush how far would they run and would you do this every day ?

Had a Greyhound once called Better Be Good, good dog excuse the pun. Winning a Gp 2 staying race over 805 mtrs being the highlight of his career.  He trained in the bush. Every morning at first light he along with up to 7 other hounds would to a certain extent run free. We followed the same track all the time, so dogs were familar with the terrain. All these dogs were born to it, meaning they would be started at about 5 mths on their first off the lead do as they want walk.                                   I couldn't give a short answer to your last question as there is so many variations in who would go for a walk, who would stay on the lead. It was a mixture of native bush and forestry. On rare times we would run into deer.   I well remember a dog that i had qualified for the OTB Maiden final at QE11, this would be about 91, it was the morning befor the final, and the dog had come for a walk on the lead, but unfortunatly a hare sprung up and took off, dog slips his collar and takes off in pursuit. We were out of the bush and not far from home when this happened. Fortunately the chase was in an area of hill and flat, liberally covered in gorse with a swamp where hill met flat. Dog came back maybe 5 minutes later, took a fall when hitting swamp, missed getting hare, and won the OTB Maiden final next day. Paid about $14.

For all those so interested in why follow fame was backed up saturday night after her friday night win.

she got a start off the bench after not being in the field,she raced well,Vetted closely and raced saturday.

due to racing luck didnt make the first 3,But i can tell you this shes very well and will survive her two races.

cheers

naki is a once a year thing these dogs ran twice in a row and earlier in the week and the week after !!!!

then the track will get blamed for the injuries!!!

greedy trainers thrashing dogs as they have plenty more!!!

I Think Aquaman may recall a dog i sold back in the day 

called Deadly Raid.... silver cup winner! Whom he raced his aqua dogs against at QE11

That might bring sum nice memorys back hey!

I Think Aquaman may recall a dog i sold back in the day 

called Deadly Raid.... silver cup winner! Whom he raced his aqua dogs against at QE11

That might bring sum nice memorys back hey!

I well remember my old adversary, top stayer, and from memorey, owned in Wellington, and trained by John Mac. Besides the Silver Collar, didn't Deadly Raid win the NZ Cup?. Fond memoreys josh77.

These animals are running machines,as long as the person handling the dog knows their capacity for work there shouldnt be an issue,aaron cross is loving this,he should be in China sorting out the dog leather trade which makes greyhound racing look like a day spa

Hi Aquaman

She was trained by Keith and val

Jackson!! A great little bitch

I remember you doing battle!

I remember qualifying her at palmy

Before I sold her she ran second

To Ray adcocks dog called

Jiggs harcourt.

At the time i was only new to the game

And met a great couple called bob

And Joan chatfield.