RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rambling_Kidd

Avondale Cup day, thoughts, tips ...

The Guineas is a cracker and the race should be a good one.

VOLK looks the one, but I have great respect for the KING.

There are a few more in this field, who wouldn't be that big a surprise to win but look great place bets, either today or the Derby.

The Cup is another interesting field,  Blizzard, Show the World, Rock Diva, Pondarosa and Candle, all have to be good chances.   

And again some good place bets with the others ...

The Guineas is a cracker. Three year old race of the year so far! Let's just hope that's its run with genuine pace and the best horse wins.

I hate those stop/start races with half the horses just about running off at the turn which seems to happen quite regularly at Ellerslie these days.

Well said Insider

Two tracks I would never put a dollar up for and they both race today;

Ellerslie - the carve up from the 800 to the 300 - exactly as you say Insider - just a joke

Taranaki - well just watch a race and ask yourself - anything from anywhere at anytime - impossible to predict a pattern for the days racing - the riding from the 1000 to the turn dictates the outcome and watch some of the efforts, I just hope they don't beam it into Ozzie - we would be a joke

I hope VSB wins(speaking from the pocket), good horses deserve to win the best races, and he looks very good.

Rock Diva in the Cup, 2400m and down to 52kg.

And of course Poetical, a certain RC poster will be bouncing of the ceiling if he wins, eh skip :P

Yep I'm hoping Shelley Hale has a big day - Poetical should win and Close Up will certainly be that.  Might be a bridge too far for her third horse - Midnitemagicman.

Good to see so many of the Derby contenders are lining up.  Only Vavasour and Dee I Cee not there.  VSB doesn't win well, then you are looking a bit sick with your 2.50 in the Derby.

Time to look at the whole overall schedule of 3 year old races in NZ.

Guineas is a G2 at $100K, the Levin Classic a G1 at $240K, yet the field quality is like chalk and cheese.

Those twilight Avondale Cup/Concorde meetings(I think they were on a Tues or Wed), were legendary, great fields, big on course crowd.  They used to get a lot of people turning up after work from that Rosebank Rd industrial area, I was one.

The guineas used to be on the following Sat.

My favourite, Zonda, won the race so easily then went on and produced a Derby performance of unbelievable prowess, still unmatched to this day.

I hope VSB wins(speaking from the pocket), good horses deserve to win the best races, and he looks very good.

Rock Diva in the Cup, 2400m and down to 52kg.

And of course Poetical, a certain RC poster will be bouncing of the ceiling if he wins, eh skip :P

Zonda, certainly the best horse I have seen since arriving in NZ 20 odd years ago, his Derby win was unbelievable, he sprinted and the relaxed 3 times if I recall correctly, could have been anything had he stayed sound.

I also hope VSB wins and think he will, only one I am really worried about is Rockfast, if he runs straight he is in it.

The Guineas is a cracker. Three year old race of the year so far! Let's just hope that's its run with genuine pace and the best horse wins.

I hate those stop/start races with half the horses just about running off at the turn which seems to happen quite regularly at Ellerslie these days.

and the rail is out 7.5 mtrs  :o

Is it just me or is handbrake starting to murder pondarosa miss.. Yes great ride in the comeback win and in the zabeel, horse had an excuse in the Thornton mile but his last two rides on her have been well short of best

Is it just me or is handbrake starting to murder pondarosa miss.. Yes great ride in the comeback win and in the zabeel, horse had an excuse in the Thornton mile but his last two rides on her have been well short of best

Seems to be struggling since picking up that  virus. 

It was an interesting call, George clearly called Farm Boy home,

but when I watched the replay it was very obvious that it was close, in fact bloody close !

I missed the Guineas visually because I was chasing motorcycles up North, I just made it to Huapai Tavern (no TAB at Helensville) for a quaddie, (thank you very very much, $ 2,000 plus) and left the Huapai for Ellerslie straight away, catching the call (Guineas) on Radio Pacific and getting to Ellerslie in time for race 7.

So a great day all round even though I only caught the last 3 races live on track. 

Oh yeah and thanks to Our PINK Diamond ...................................... yeeeeeeeeee hah.