RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rambling_Kidd

Avondale swallowed

Well if that doesn't take the cake, Avondale's big day has now been swallowed by loathsome beast known as Auckland Racing Club.

Instead of it being 'AVONDALE racing at Auckland', it has become, just another Auckland day (Muscular Degeneration Charity Raceday) instead of the AVONDALE CUP meeting also including the AVONDALE GUINEAS.  

To be fair the ARC offered Avondale both races back this year,  but the racing authority vetoed it as they said Avondale wasn't up to  group racing standard.  As an Avondale member there are plenty of thing I'd like to point the finger at the ARC for, but this isn't one of them. 

Avondale is the best track surface in the country. 

If the RA had a clue, then they would know if the races come home, then it can only be beneficial for the club !

Smells of upstairs politics.

But even so, the race day should still be, AVONDALE racing at Auckland, not AK-AK.

The Concorde has already disappeared into an earlier Auckland program.

I just think its a raw deal all round and if it is because of the RA, then they need a real good kick up the jacksy.

To be fair the ARC offered Avondale both races back this year,  but the racing authority vetoed it as they said Avondale wasn't up to  group racing standard.  As an Avondale member there are plenty of thing I'd like to point the finger at the ARC for, but this isn't one of them. 

..the R.A. is wrong about the standard of the Avondale track.

smacks of agenda and politics., stinks of it in fact

The track is first rate, apparently the RA didn't like the look of the surrounds , stands etc , and thought they didn't present a good image for TV viewers in regard to group racing. Sums up the clowns we have captaining the ship, they are steering us on to the rocks as surely as Edward Smith steered the Titanic.

What do you fools expect the track at Avondale is great facilities are shocking tenth world and i do not know what the present caters are like but prior they would have rated worst in the country

You guys keep on and on about the Auckland Racing Club but why one of the best run clubs in NZ and their facilities leave any other club in NZ for dead..When Avondale used to run the Cup hardly anyone went tell me why because the facilities said it all

Fiery, you are either taking the Michael or you are reading from a different sheet.

Do you really think that Premier races deserve to be run on a track with the rail out 7.5 metres. Surely not.

The carve ups between the 800 and 300 put the Ellerslie track into a category of "well if only"

Agree their facilities are superb, but with their population grossly under utilised, as will be evidenced during their Autumn "Cup Week" (give me strength here, almost threw up as I typed it) which caters solely for the Corporates.

Enjoy it, but look long and hard for genuine racing folk should you get an invite. They are the ones with the horses

Ellerslie, its all yours ...................

What do you fools expect the track at Avondale is great facilities are shocking tenth world and i do not know what the present caters are like but prior they would have rated worst in the country

You guys keep on and on about the Auckland Racing Club but why one of the best run clubs in NZ and their facilities leave any other club in NZ for dead..When Avondale used to run the Cup hardly anyone went tell me why because the facilities said it all

The facilities are not tenth world , as anyone can use the members stand or owners and trainers stand and there is bugger all wrong with those. It is the outside stand that is run down and no on with a brain  uses that as the  need isn't there.  The track is one of the best racing surfaces around thanks to Richard and the gang.   Don't talk about the crowds  at Avondale Cup meetings without  looking  at the crowds on Auckland Cup Day -  it been reduced to a day supported by once a year  Champagne Charlies and the ilk, the die hard race goers have long  departed.  I haven't got anything against the ARC  ( except the stupidity of running a mid week Cup ) and was only recently  complimenting Butch Castles personally, for the  Sunday race day a few weeks back.   Also on the subject of being foolish, fair go, read the structure of your first paragraph again,  gives you a headache trying to decipher it. 

The ARC have great facilities but by and large the die hard punters have left. The ones taking advantage of them now are the corporate crowd. The ARC have realised that they make more money on drinks than bets and cater to them. I was told recently by someone attending , that apart from her no one in her group invested anything over whole day, just drank.    The ARC are following a business model , and good on them , it turns over more money, but something has been lost along the way with the average race goer drifting away. Avondale might have had small crowds for the Wednesday meetings lumped on them, but you could probably say % 99 of them had a genuine interest in horse racing, not there to drink and be seen. 

Who cares about the facilities?? The pompous fools who are there to be "seen" (and not there for the betting!) are happy as to sit in tents (pretentiously labelled "marquees") chomping their crayfish and slurping on bubbly. At least the real racing people are there punting and having an ale in the stands where they should have first dibs. Its time we went back to thinking what's best for the horse rather than the horse radish.

Been in the Members Stand at Ellerslie recently Fiery? I was there Saturday--most of it moth-balled, dirty and scruffy (just have a look at all the shite on the ledges as you descend the last set of internal stairs), dark curtaining everywhere (no need to ride the ghost train at the Easter Show--just check out Ellerslie Ascot Stand). A bloody good spring-clean by fat-boy Castles would help the image of both the stand and his gut! A bit rich to cast stones about Avondale.