RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lamour

Interdom Heats

Terror to Love draws 8. whats the odds on that having happened AGAIN??

Christen Me and Bit Of A Legend in the same heat.  I thought they would have kept them separate so regular driver could drive both. I'm sure they always use to where possible.

Some heats seem a lot weaker than others.  Maybe they were made up in completely random manor by draw?

All 3 NZ-trained horses in the same heat?  So they effectively need to trifecta it to make the final.  The Aussies certainly never miss an opportunity to take the 'Inter' out of 'Interdominions'. :D

All 3 NZ-trained horses in the same heat?  So they effectively need to trifecta it to make the final.  The Aussies certainly never miss an opportunity to take the 'Inter' out of 'Interdominions'. :D

Why would they be drawn in the NSW heat? The NZ heat was scrapped due to a lack of noms. Also if a horse cant run top 3 in that field they surely wouldn't be competitive in the final anyway. Christian Me and Terror should be miles better than the opposition if they recover in time from last week, Bit Of A Legend will need to improve. 

Yeah but the original thing was for the Kiwis to race against one another in NZ heats. So they must be keeping towards that theme. Understandable.

It will just be great to see it back to the proper format where the toughest and best make the final. Three heats gives them a chance to have one poor run or bit of bad luck and still make the final.

johnevans....

I ;could not agree more in regard to the return of the tried-and-true format of the Interdominions.

Good on Western Australia...they started the Interdominions and now they will take this once-great concept back to basics...and, hopefully restore it to greatness.

Cheers.

Ashoka

johnevans....

I ;could not agree more in regard to the return of the tried-and-true format of the Interdominions.

Good on Western Australia...they started the Interdominions and now they will take this once-great concept back to basics...and, hopefully restore it to greatness.

Cheers.

Ashoka

johnevans....

Cheers.

Ashoka

Totally agree Ashoka

Why would they be drawn in the NSW heat? The NZ heat was scrapped due to a lack of noms. Also if a horse cant run top 3 in that field they surely wouldn't be competitive in the final anyway. Christian Me and Terror should be miles better than the opposition if they recover in time from last week, Bit Of A Legend will need to improve. 

Very true (although let's not forget Sir Vancelot in 1999), but the point I was making was a little broader than that.  The Aussie attitude towards the InterDoms can broadly be summed up like this: "Righto boys, first, having home advantage 3 years in 4 isn't enough, so let's hold the thing here every year.  If the other Dominion wants to compete in the InterDominions, they'll just have to come across the ditch.  Second, let's make it even tougher for them by having just one round of heats so that they don't have time to acclimatise, unless they're already here, in which case they're helping our racing scene rather than theirs.  Third, let's give our big-4 States (which aren't Dominions, but never mind) their own heats; we can dump all the Kiwis in an odds-and-sods heats against the rest of our horses and give them bad draws.  Oh, and since we can't win the trotters section even with all these advantages, we'll just scrap that altogether."

Ok, it's a bit OTT. :P   But it *would* be more honest to rename the 'InterDoms' -- to something like the Australian Pacing Championships -- rather than continuing to devalue a once-great brand.

johnevans....

Cheers.

Ashoka

Agree on the format.  But Perth has never been a particularly successful InterDom venue because the NZ representation has tended to be minimal--it's just too far to go.  And the horses that have gone have generally performed poorly (heat, flies, jet lag etc).  I well remember Hi Foyle and Young Quinn being the only NZ reps in 1974; they didn't come close to making the final.  A year later on home turf they quinelled it.

Gee whiz. It's not the Aussies faults that we don't hold the Interdoms. Both NZ Metro and Auckland said they couldn't afford to run it.

You could well be right, although I've heard differing views on this...  But regardless, that just reinforces my point--if one of the Dominions doesn't even want to host it any more, then the case for retaining the grand old Inter-Dominion name is surely weak.

Are the Interdominions starting soon are they ?

I live in Auckland and there is a paper here which has huge circulation despite the Aussies really trying to make it irrellevant. The NZ Herald has become a joke...... this week NO Aussie race fields of any meeting including the Interdominions. 

On the subject of newspaper coverage of racing........... the Sunday News does an excellent job.

Are the Interdominions starting soon are they ?

I live in Auckland and there is a paper here which has huge circulation despite the Aussies really trying to make it irrellevant. The NZ Herald has become a joke...... this week NO Aussie race fields of any meeting including the Interdominions. 

The Press is slightly better, but not much. 

is this the best quality that Australia and nz have? 

with the exception of a very small few, it is almost like fields from otaki grass, sunday meeting..

next year they intend to return to the old format...

great, as long as they also have the fields to top line the event..

lost interest before the inderdons started .... real shame.

My Sky'd heats and have just watched them.

Beautide won well as did David Hercules...interest will be in who gets the 2 wildcard entries.

At least next year back to old format.

Overall a bit of a yawn!

Cheers,

Craig.