RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Hmmm Manukau

Another instance of producing the wrong greyhound happened last September.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-ac-roberts-penalty-decision-and-reasons-of-judicial-committee-dated-22-september-2014

In that case, the incorrect dog was brought to the track but found during kenneling and not raced.

In the end the trainer was fined $350 for his breach of the rules.

I don't see how this case should be treated any differently in terms of penalty to the trainer. Once the kennel staff accepted the incorrect dog then all liability from that point on should rest with them, should it not?

The only rule broken by the trainer was presenting the wrong dog. There is no rule I'm aware of which suggests it's against the rules for a trainer to race the incorrect dog. The kennel staff accepted it to be the correct dog so they're the ones that should cop at least as much of a fine, if not more, in my opinion.

it has happened more than once with this trainer i see your point but surely it not really professional to produce the wrong dog 

used to love my puppy racing - then a large trainer team ruined it for many and things like this occuring is why i have stayed clear. i watch my 3 favourite trainers results but havent had a bet on dogs in months. i have even turned down plenty of opportunities to join syndicates and one was hugely tempting till i learned who trainer was going to be

All I can say Gazzac is that if Ben and Barbara were one of the ones you avoided you are a silly bugger.

definately not.  was 4 or 5 years back now but the recent pup offer was in the CD area.