RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Oh !@#%^& it all..........

All good Ashoka :) nada wurries mate, guys The Mighty Terror has his work cut out with Adore Me, she' tough in friggin spades!!!, a thorough professional and she will not give in, she's got the jump on him in the Hunter so the Terror is going to have to call on all his champion qualities and his toughness, his guts (and......a little bit of help from the Rickster) to get the job done, mind you there are a few aussies there who could spoil the party, but that bloody Adore Me (bless her) she's too much..........fingers crossed it's truely run, good clip up front, if the big bad Terror is within the first 6 or 8 even, swingin in, his mighty, mighty sprint (Smokin Up knows all about that) will bring him home first........yep yep yep!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOO! THE MIGHTY TERROR!!!!!! C'MON RICKSTER DRIVE IT LIKE YOU @#$%@! WELL MEAN IT MATE!!!!!!!   :D

Cheers Iraklis

PS. Actually  GOOOOO THE KIWIS!!!!!!! it's a great night to be in front of the big screen glued to the racin, I love it I can't wait.........

What chance Terror To Love has depends on whether Ricky May has a Red Bull on the way to the track. If he doesn't, you can expect another poor driver that are becoming all too common for this driver on this horse. I will hand it to Graham and Paul Court - they are loyal and that is to be commended. If he was my horse he would probably have a new driver by now.

For mine, the race will be determined by the first corner. If Adore Me steps away with them, she just wins. Her run in the Victoria Cup was sensational, and the 2 miles will suit her better than anything else.

Christen Me, Philadelphia, and Guaranteed's chances depend on how Adore Me handles the start. I thought Terror To Love went OK the other night, but he'll need to have improved since, and get some luck in the run to figure in the finish here.

It'll be a great race, as there are very few that you could say "can't win", but the start will tell the story. If Adore Me is with the main body of the field on the first corner, the rest will be fighting for the place money!

JSprat, your not wrong she came home with a wet sail, took ground of em easy, cheezuz!!! bloody scary.....I know, I know, The Terror should spot her up on the warm up give her a wink or two or three, show her a bit of machismo  ;) yuh know wink wink n all that.......yeh that'll sort her (probably not but hey) :D The Terrors tough, when given the chance he's a slugger and he's capable of makin his own luck, his NZ Cups n Cranbourne win are testament to that......

WOOHOO! GO THE MIGHTY TERROR!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Yes, she got a drag up, then she got a drag back, all the while out 3 and 4 wide taking several lengths off a leader running home in 54 on the fence. That qualifies as sensational in my books, and if she steps tomorrow night, it'll simply be a battle for second place - no more, no less!

I beg to differ johnevans, she got to within 2 lengths of Christen Me I would say that's close enough given her run in the race, go watch it again mate.......she's tough as, and can hand the lot of em a good old fashioned a@#$ whipping tonight, I just hope she's not in the mood cos I want me Mighty Terror to win  :)  yuuuusssssss!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

I still have my doubts over Adore Me beginning quickly from the SS.

Barring the Flying Stakes win at Ashvegas i dont remember her been that quick away and i think she certainly had an advantage with the second line draw in the Cup.

CM can really fly the tapes and thats why i have him cruising along in front and from there been very hard to beat.

On a seperate note i have been backing Follow The Stars all week through Centrebet. Got $2.20 post draw, $2.10 still this morning and currently $2.05. My biggest bet on a win in a long time

Adore Me won't need to fly the start Nick. Slowly but surely will do very nicely. Mark Purdon won't let himself get caught up on the inside with the mare so as long as she does not blow to bits I expect her to be in the right spot at the right time.

$2.20 for Follow The Stars? That is an incredible price. Anyone else who can't see that now will be seeing it at 10.35 pm tonight. I've unloaded on him at $1.80 and felt I was stealing at that price. I'd be happy taking $1.50. Will not be beaten in tonight's Derby. I've got a fairly decent multi with the Mark Purdon pair who are the two best in their category I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

$2.20 for Follow The Stars? That is an incredible price. Anyone else who can't see that now will be seeing it at 10.35 pm tonight. I've unloaded on him at $1.80 and felt I was stealing at that price. I'd be happy taking $1.50. Will not be beaten in tonight's Derby. I've got a fairly decent multi with the Mark Purdon pair who are the two best in their category I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

They interviewed Mark before the race and he said he will drive him like hes the best horse in the race tonight, then instead he just sat off the leader and pretty much gave him the race like he was happy to run second. Having said that im not sure the horse is going all that well at the moment. 

Christian Me's run in the cup was huge, all the other horses to do work dropped out sharply, surely something wrong with TTL beaten 72 meters. Franco Ledger was trapped wide early and had to be eased to last, was still last at the top of the straight, amazing run.   

All I want for christmas .......is for Franco ledger to be swabbed for everything - dead set one of the biggest performances in a group 1 at that mile rate, you'll ever see.

Disagree about christen me, entitled to run 2nd or 3rd...

Hope terrors ok ?

Oh gawd, so do I! Adam H said in the after race comments that Terror had 'slow recovery issues' and that the Courts were rethinking next weekend for the Terror and one of the other horses had a viral infection etc etc........I bin scanning everything for news on what the hell happened that was too abject even for him, you know not likin aus, guys if anyone out there has any news c'mon let us know pleeeeeessssssse!!!!   :)

Cheers Iraklis

Well done to the new owners of Arden Rooney....Get the purchase price back plus in one race!!!

Strange race.....Adore Me....well I had a decent crack at her.....did worry a little about the start....but didn't think she would miss away like that......Ouuch.

TTL, well, that was probably the worse race he has run in his life, surely must be something wrong with him.

Christen Me, a good run.....Franco Ledger a huge run...Easy On The Eye went good for 3rd.

Seems a few below the top horses seem to win this race when getting a cushy run....

Worst night I've ever had on the punt. Not only cleaned me out but took a huge portion of my confidence built up over the years. Cant blame anyone else for that. I own my losses. 

I had a fairly decent place bet on Sheemon in the Group 1 trot. Tripped over his own feet.

I had the biggest bet on a horse I've ever had with Follow The Stars. Then I went and repeated the same bet elsewhere. Was confused with the drive. Never had a dig for the lead. Didn't pressure the leader. Didn't look for cover. Just sat back off the leader and hoped his class would get him home. I was concerned as Menin Gate is a very strong horse with considerable ability. Chris Alford is a very good front running driver being gifted a soft lead. Follow The Stars was very brave but no pay outs for first loser. I can only assume Mark felt Menin Gate would not hand up so didn't waste any of the horses reserves by trying. 

The Hunter Cup was a farking nightmare. Adore Me being slow didn't shock many. Galloping and galloping and galloping was as bad as it ever gets. Just like the old days of Lord Module. You know you're on the best horse in the race but horse loses the plot at the start and you don't even get to participate in that race. As much as I dislike losing money,what I dislike every bit as much is a wonderful horse on the biggest stage walking back to the stables while the race is still on. A golden opportunity to show just how magnificent she is gets flushed.

To rub salt in the gaping Purdon wound his ex stable runner Arden Rooney wins the group 1.

Cran and Dexter had no luck all night. Victoria Cup night was just perfection for the pair. Last night the total opposite. 

Sheemon blew to bits in the first group 1 for Dexter.

Art Union got taken out and ran last in the Victoria Derby. Christen Me who must have been the $1.10 fav after Adore Me went home early only takes fourth in the Hunter Cup. Even raging hot fav Bit Of A Legend got rolled for the pair.

Arden Rooney went brilliantly in the Hunter Cup but.....

Franco Ledger turned his form around with a scintillating finishing run for second.  Where's he been?

Not sure what happened with Terror To Love. Really enjoyed seeing the champ go and have a look at them which is the very thing I've been hoping for. Seeing him going backwards well before the finish was perplexing. Hope the champ is ok and any issue is short term.

As much as I'm licking my wounds today I do feel sorry for Mark Purdon. He normally has the little bird on his shoulder at the biggest meetings. I appreciate Mark is not a person some will feel sorry for.

Very recently he lost his mother Margaret.

Victoria Cup night was a night to forget for him. Adore Me had no luck at all in the Victoria Cup but still ran a magnificent third. The bubble of Follow The Stars burst in the Derby heat when luck deserted him. Then his champ gets rolled in the Victoria Derby and Adore Me has her career worst performance in the Hunter Cup.

On to the Auckland Cup carnival we go. So we lick our wounds and turn the page...or do we? I personally will be taking a break from wagering. Not because of the amount of $$$ I lost last night,but because of the amount of confidence I lost. The later is more important for a punter like me. Time gives you perspective but I think I will concentrate on boating and fishing for a while. The grass growing around boat trailer has been calling me for a few weeks ....or was that my lovely wife ;)

Catch you all for the next battle....or the one after that.

Think it's a bit harsh to say Christen Me didn't back up over the extra distance. Last night the dig for the lead mid race but not there when Philadelphia Man kicked up & took its toll at the finish but he fought solidly enough. They went a sec quicker mile rate overall than when Christen Me won last year sitting parked. The others that worked mid race like Terror & Guaranteed gave up the chase. Full credit to Arden Rooney. Always been a good stayer & any one of half a dozen in the race if they were able to get the perfect trail behind the leader on that fast pace would have won.

Strange race.....Adore Me....well I had a decent crack at her.....did worry a little about the start....but didn't think she would miss away like that......Ouuch.

The genuine standing start sure got to Adore Me

We'll Nick was the only one I recall saying Phillidelphia Man would be cruising along in front.

Would he have handed up if Adore M had got away?.

I doubt it myself.

To many good horses tried to get near them and failed, apart from Franco Ledger who tends to throw up a miracle run when you least expect it

Good on the Arden Rooney camp, all the more power to them.

The perfect run with the perfect result.

I would have a break Beer after last night.

Narrowing the risk factor doesn't work backing a suspect horse off a stand, especially in Aussie stands.

Just an opinion

I don't know where to start after that race. All you can say is that's racing. I messaged my son that it will be a huge trifecta and he replied the people who got that trifecta should be embarrassed collecting the divvy. He said there was absolutely no skill in getting it. LOL I haven't heard that one before.

It's a bit ridiculous Eljay to say it was a poor drive by Ricky on TTL.  He's coped a lot of flak for being too patient on TTL and when he finally puts him in the race he's still accused of poor judgement. No way could ricky have known P.Man would fire up like he did onceTTL got along side him.  Not sure what Ricky he could have done differently in either cup to be honest. He's been dealt a shocking hand in terms of draws over there.  Also I think he can't have been right to stop so badly.

Agree CM didn't back up so well.