RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

Lydia no1

Gee I thought some of you golfers would have waxed lyrical about this girl.

She is setting a benchmark that looks like it might stand the test of time.

No 1 already, the youngest ever by 4 yrs(tiger was 21), rookie of the year, etc.

now because she is coming back here to play, the world renowned graphics company in Dunedin is going to live stream her play for nothing at all , so all NZ,ers can enjoy watching a truly great woman's golf player.

This girl is something else

She sure is beaut.. fantastic stuff... she has devoted so much of her short life so far to her passion for golf.. hours and hours every day in her spare moments around school etc. and she truly is a professional sportswoman - and she deserves all of this.

Congrats to her :)

Probably because they both play golf John, and are or have been top dog in the world rankings.

Can u make the connection.

And lots of girls play golf John. We have a good junior squad at Masterton with girls in it. I'm positive that there are plenty at some of the bigger centres,and not all Korean

Their cultural background and work ethic especially tends to give them an edge. They are driven to succeed.

Na I can't compare any girl with Tiger or any good male golfer.

It's just hype.

And what is lots of girls playing at your centre? 3? 15? 30? 50? 100?

Thousands?

Yeah right.

Yr obviously a plonker with no geographical knowledge.

Masterton, John.

Look it up and enlighten yourself,God knows you need it.

I respect yr opinion, but as Beer so eloquently pointed out, its usuall negative.

What do you mean about Masterton? I just said your centre as you said there are bigger centres. So how many girls are in the Masterton club?

I was being positive by saying that Men are much better than women at golf. How Lydia can be compared with the great men is ridiculous and the result of hype. Yes great money in it even for females but it's only because it's an over hyped and elitist sport. Just shows the world is still being run by upper class middle aged white men.

What do you mean about Masterton? I just said your centre as you said there are bigger centres. So how many girls are in the Masterton club?

I was being positive by saying that Men are much better than women at golf. How Lydia can be compared with the great men is ridiculous and the result of hype. Yes great money in it even for females but it's only because it's an over hyped and elitist sport. Just shows the world is still being run by upper class middle aged white men.

I think you will find Golf, [Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden] is or about 2nd only to Football in participation and popularity in the world. A big pond indeed. Lydia's accomplishments are huge on a world scale, far bigger than say Val Adams in a world sense, and probably up there with Peter Snell whom i would suggest is NZ's greatest sportsman ever. And i say thank goodness the world is still run by middle aged White Men. Imagine the shyte from the Middle East, or worse some despot from Africa in charge, or a bunch of Pol Pots from Asia. Thank f#ck for White Men.

The fact that Korean girls including Kiwi Koreans absolutely dominate womens golf is ample proof that it's very very small. If it was on a world scale one country wouldn't dominate would they? It's not like the Korean race is born to be dominant at golf like African Americans dominate Gridiron and basketball or how Africans dominate long distance running. Why don't Korean men dominate mens golf? Oh yeah mens golf is a world sport.

Lydia hasn't even won a major so can't possibly compare with Valerie Adams. It's been rowing here for years now as soon as someone shapes up in golf even minority womens golf, the middle aged white men on the committee go for it. I wonder how long the Halberg Awards will continue for. Hardly anyone respects it now.

Hype Hype and more hype.

Well, Lydia has won again,albeit in a playoff.

As Anika Sorenstam said ,you don't need to be a long game player if you are as accurate as she is.

Her consistency in hitting fairways and greens, is what gives her the edge.

Great to see and may she long continue to dominate.

A freak with a big Heart. She has stated that she will donate her winnings(whatever they are) from the next comp in Texas to go towards the relief fund in Nepal.

She remembered the devastation here,so thought it appropriate to contribute.

Boy, that shows a level of humanity that some big names in professional sport lack at times,especially some at the top.

Well done Lydia.

A freak with a big Heart. She has stated that she will donate her winnings(whatever they are) from the next comp in Texas to go towards the relief fund in Nepal.

She remembered the devastation here,so thought it appropriate to contribute.

Boy, that shows a level of humanity that some big names in professional sport lack at times,especially some at the top.

Well done Lydia.

I understand she donated all her winnings from this latest victory, Swinging Skirts, $300,000 US. May her winning ways continue.

......shoe in for the next halbergs,hard to believe in the world of competitive golf theres an 18 yr old dominating the best the planet has to offer... consistently.freak

Still has a long way to go to be called a feeak

Perspective please my fellow middle aged white men who think hitting a little white ball around a paddock is the greatest thing on earth.

The other Korean girl named Ko who led the last day of the British Open and blew up but still finished second was playing her very first tournament outside of Korea.

No male could possible do this.

I rest my case. Womens golf is a joke. Yeah the money is good but only because of the fascination with golf of middle aged white men. Also does this make the other Ko a better player than Lydia.

And Globederby it's nice of you to say well done Lydia but I don't think she reads this section of this website.

So no TV for next weeks NZ Open. Thats disgusting. Apparently the cost to televise the tournament gets up to $1/2 million.. ANZ have creamed a huge benefit from Lydia Ko so you would think $300,000 from them would be good investing. 

Here is Lydia Ko flying the NZ flag worth untold in promotion yet some tin pot rugby game with zero international interest would easily find the cash. Crazy.