RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

strongest regions

Stats like that are all well and fun but you don't get a true representative unless you go deeper and have a % of runners from each region and even a dogs price factored in, as we all know a $3 shot has a lot more chance than a $30 shot. If hypothetically CD only had 10% of starters then you would read those stats a lot differently.

It's all good discussion either way, who is the South Island trainer rumoured to be moving north?

Stats like that are all well and fun but you don't get a true representative unless you go deeper and have a % of runners from each region and even a dogs price factored in, as we all know a $3 shot has a lot more chance than a $30 shot. If hypothetically CD only had 10% of starters then you would read those stats a lot differently.

It's all good discussion either way, who is the South Island trainer rumoured to be moving north?

Agree Reilly but thanks for doing those stats Alltheway, appreciate it.  

I personally feel that the percentage of nos from each reagion is unimportant, only because most people will go for group races if there dogs are good enough to compete and if one area has a smaller group off dogs going for group races, that says that there area is weaker as they lack dogs to go for the big ones

Just my opinion off course

Marcie Flipp I think i heard is moving up Foxton way.

Things will change yet again Kiwi after midnite tomorrow as the neww 3 miss rule come into effect. Will be interesting to see what impact this has......I guess natural cobalt readings in each region might have a bearing on your stats too...

Yes things will be interesting to watch after current noms have been run.

The first thought that jumped into mind for me was the stayers. We already have very few stayers graded C2D and starting tomorrow morning, statiscally, 25% of those will downgrade to C1D.

That'll make it easier to fill a C1D field, and even more impossible to have 8 runners graded C2D on the track at the same time.

When's the last time we've had entire field graded C2D?

58 DOWNGRADING

58.1 Any Greyhound graded C2 and above which has competed three consecutive times in sprint/middle distance grade Races without receiving Prize Money for running 1st, 2nd or 3rd on one of these three occasions shall be downgraded one class.

58.2 Any Greyhound graded C2d which has competed three consecutive times in distance grade Races without receiving Prize Money for running 1st, 2nd or 3rd on one of these three occasions shall be re-graded down one class to C1d.

58.3 There shall be no Penalty or re-grading upwards, or benefit toward downgrading, applied to any Greyhound running out Nominations following such downgrading other than if such Greyhound won such a Race, in which case the Greyhound shall be re-graded from the downgraded class.  

Interesting in that there will only be 12 dogs going up a grade every meeting, but there will be be a hell of a lot more going down every meeting, I think there are going to be fewer higher graded races carded as some clubs might struggle for fields, there will be C1 dogs bursting at the seams and a lot are going to struggle to get starts for a while.

Fantastic Pete 26.22 Bullie there for the Derby. Some very talented Dogs in NZ at the moment, See the #1 in the Dog in the country Blitzing Mahem is invited to the Tem Lee in Aus, Nice to see the Aussie's appreciate how good this NZ bred Dog is, All the Best guys

Thought I'd just re visit this topic given that in recent weeks there have been some very nice young dog's coming through the ranks here in the North. My pick is in the next few month's the North will be close to, if not, the strongest region. We are already the strongest in distance racing hands down and by the look of some youngster up here at the moment the other two distances my be the North's too shortly. This Thursday we will all get to see a flying machine start it's racing career at Cambridge, trialled the house down there last week when easily breaking the 21 sec mark (20.86 for memory) so I'm picking that dog's got a huge future ahead of it.

Thought I'd just re visit this topic given that in recent weeks there have been some very nice young dog's coming through the ranks here in the North. My pick is in the next few month's the North will be close to, if not, the strongest region. We are already the strongest in distance racing hands down and by the look of some youngster up here at the moment the other two distances my be the North's too shortly. This Thursday we will all get to see a flying machine start it's racing career at Cambridge, trialled the house down there last week when easily breaking the 21 sec mark (20.86 for memory) so I'm picking that dog's got a huge future ahead of it.

Walsh's import I'm assuming, was looking forward to seeing that dog run earlier in the week, even more so now you say it trialled up in 20.86. Exciting.

I hope for those thinking its a good thing on Thursday,

That it has its mind on the job a bit better than its last start in OZ.

Most of those fighters that come from Aus seem to come right here with the finish on the lure. This does beg the question but that maybe a rule change could be looked at in regards to trainers running these dog's in sprint races for the first 10 runs in order to clear the slate then stepping them up in distance where some of them will "play" again. Maybe after 10 clear sprint runs they should have to run in a middle distance trial with 6 or more dog's before being able to race over ground?

Idt it makes a difference personally slim, I do think we will start to get less fighters from aus over here after the live baiting scandal, I see brittons have asked for finish on lures over there like they have here and I reckon tgat they may get there wish now after this