RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Karaka Sales

yes strange that NZB didn't schedule a few higher priced lots on Day 1 to give momentum going into Day 2

It's impossible to do what you suggest as the Sale order is done alphabeticly based on the name of the dam. Then each year the sale starts five letters on from the previous year.

Huey

Yes , Rich Hill Stud and the JC supporters will be pleased. From the photos online he seems to "stamp" most of his progeny. Lets hope for the buyers they all run well.

You are right Insider, but it always surprises me that Day 2 is usually much stronger than Day 1.

Yep Jimmy Choux & the Cape Blanco's looked to be very popular and sold well. Can probably add Rip Van Winkle & Pour Moi to that list too. I agree the High Chaparral's aren't  selling as strong as they once used to?

Huey

Re Cape Blanco --despite those passing he still ended up with 20 sold for and average of $139,000. That is not bad and a very good return for most vendors given his service fee. I cannot remember the fee exactly but I think it was around $10K.

To Me, a lot of these lots were very small and not what we are good at breeding. The top lot filly and the 2 Cambridge fillies from that great Eight Carat family were good boned classic fillies that we are renowned for producing.

I hope some of these studs have retained some of these nice types, if not we are in big trouble IMHO.

I tend to read that as a reflections of the mares(particularly the average) , Love Diamonds,Alagant Satin, A Real Princess. 

I think his first season fee was $20k .

Hope they go well.

Huey

Re Cape Blanco --despite those passing he still ended up with 20 sold for and average of $139,000. That is not bad and a very good return for most vendors given his service fee. I cannot remember the fee exactly but I think it was around $10K.

Have Darci Brahma and Alamosa lost their "gloss' a bit this year ? Seems to be a wide range of prices for them --some very low.

I'm not suggesting they are going down as stallions , just a slow year. I can remember O'Reilly had a few slow years ,early on in his career as well.

The sales have certainly made us think twice about breeding, nice well breed, good type Cape Blanco filly, Friday afternoon, had to sell, $12k, brought by the trainer who is training our last years filly.

Unfortunately this how the Festive Sale has gone for the last 10+ years. To be fair to NZB they have tried a number of things to try to improve the sale over the years but nothing of significance has worked. But I will not be surprised if that at the end the figures are similar to last year

Ironically I think the quality of the horses , on paper, has improved in recent years with consignments from Haunui and Westbury included on a regular basis.

But I think they should stay with just the one day sale on Sunday and not go back to Sun/Mon format --that was terrible for anyone selling on Monday.

It's impossible to do what you suggest as the Sale order is done alphabeticly based on the name of the dam. Then each year the sale starts five letters on from the previous year.

Understand that Insider - but nothing's impossible at the sales ... ;)

Think passed in lots don't reflect the whole picture.Was some very nice horses with did sell well but amongst them was also some rubbish.People were being selective which is understandable.