RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Trackside TV - Twits On Tweets

Why does Trackside TV feel it necessary to display tweets on screen during their coverage with the on course presenter then feeling the need to read it out. It's moronic.

Whilst watching the horses walking around the birdcage they bring up this black box with whatever tweet blocking out part of the screen and leave it there for sometime and the presenter has to read it out.

We want to see the horses etc not get this trival rubbish displayed.

Surely if one wants these, then don't all they need to do is get them via their mobile and then everyone is not subjected to the nonsense.

Twitter isn't it. Does that mean twits tweet?

Come on Trackside. Delete those tweets! We don't need them.

Absolutely agree.,

i could've written that post Ted..intended to yesterday but thought "naahp".."don't get wound up from the assault"

it's enfuriating both the extent it blocks out the vision And the time they leave it 'shat' there..like bird poop from the twitterers.

the screen is already part taken up on the lefthand side with the bloody constant odds displayed...and on watch'n'bet, makes the main veiwing apeture too small alReady.

People who don't participate on twitter, don't Want to...and certainly don't want to subscribe to the burble in the frantic and cramped auspices of an about-to-run telecast.

..the venetian blackout blinds are an incompetant scourge that block out crucial vision...and now This crap!

it must Cease forthwith in my opinion

Blimey! Tweets from the Bookies etc with info on what horses are being backed heavily, market movers, big bets and the like is just the kind of thing that adds to my enjoyment of the coverage. I'm for anything that adds to my total betting knowledge before a race. So I like it. It helps drive turnover, I reckon. Can't get enough of it myself.

Why does Trackside TV feel it necessary to display tweets on screen during their coverage with the on course presenter then feeling the need to read it out. It's moronic.

Whilst watching the horses walking around the birdcage they bring up this black box with whatever tweet blocking out part of the screen and leave it there for sometime and the presenter has to read it out.

We want to see the horses etc not get this trival rubbish displayed.

Surely if one wants these, then don't all they need to do is get them via their mobile and then everyone is not subjected to the nonsense.

Twitter isn't it. Does that mean twits tweet?

Come on Trackside. Delete those tweets! We don't need them.

Yes god forbid they try to embrace social media and engage with the next generation.

Lets just keep catering to the past generations of punters - that'll work!

Talking about new innovations, did you see the shots from the drone.  I don't think it added much, but at least they are trying new technical innovations.

Shows just how much of a crowd there is, so they probably wouldn't want to use it on quiet days :)

Drone a total waste of time (and money no doubt). Trying new stuff?--how about getting the bloody sound in the birdcage fixed to start with--dreadful interviews in the early coverage but thank Mohammed that germ Guerin nowhere to be seen! The equine athletes, stellar jockeys, weather, track etc are the core business--forget all the extraneous, try-hard bullshit.

Yes god forbid they try to embrace social media and engage with the next generation.

Lets just keep catering to the past generations of punters - that'll work!

The past generation of punters (those that really spend the money on the punt and pay to own horses) have been squeezed out by an ARC policy of catering for the "party" set, who will NEVER dip into their pockets for punting or ownership. There's is a world of narcissism and instant gratification and patience required in ownership is not on their agenda. As I have said before, the two aspirations are not mutually exclusive but true followers have been compromised by the moth-balling of major parts of Ellerslie.

You would have thought that they would have tested the photography from the drones before putting it on trackside, where the horses looked like bloody ants.

Maybe they need to bring the drones down a few hundred meters

Unfortunately most of them will be dead inside 10 years :)

Not a good business plan

Actually that's not quite true.. we are in a mushrooming society.. at the present time due to baby boomers - which means that the majority of many populations in the world are in the 65-75 age group so really any smart racing club would cater to them and be family oriented so that their families take the older age group to the races for a day out.. because that older age group frequent TAB's, watch trackside and have a long love of racing, you only have to look at country meetings, meetings in Australia even.. it is always families out on the weekend with kids and grandparents, having picnics and having a good day out.  It's not rocket science.

No I'm sure they didn't care because it is a day by day thing for them... they cater to one off markets each time they hold a meeting and it is why many folk don't bother going back again unless they plan to go in the members because it is no use going anywhere else on course unless you want to sit in a vacuous barn.

I applaud providng some big meetings with entertainment etc but why not make it accessible for everyone, as in having it infield and people can cross the track if they want between races to join in.. but not making everything corporates or members only and spread the love to all race goers and then you'd get families going back.

I love racing because I went to the races all the time with my parents and grandparents and I think they have to realise that as a foundation market that's a good base to cater to and then put icing on the cake by getting fly by nighters that want instant entertainment and then they'll do something else tomorrow.. because they are good for turnover on the day.

Tonight you could see that it was all catered to the tables and umbrella, roped off party lot and not much was going on for the rest.  They could have had infield games and entertainment and bbqs and boot parties..  and then you'd get people hanging around for hours afterwards.. such a shame..

oops sorry... on a tangent again.. but yes.... dislike the tweets :)  If anyone is that into their latest divivy divers, or bookies faves, or stats on large investments then they'll have the tweets up on their phone or tablet or laptop and save the TV screen space for actually seeing what we are punting on.

The drone was a joke

Surely they could have tested and refined the technology on lesser days so they had the pictures right and the techniques down pat for that day

I cringed(and I bet Aiden Rodley did too) when he asked Reece Jones after the first what he was doing in the drone picture - it was at and after the finish to which Jones replied (with a laugh)'Well I'm in front there'

If you are going to use it for God's sake learn how to use it properly before the big show 

Toblerone:

As Chestnut so eloquently put:

oops sorry... on a tangent again.. but yes.... dislike the tweets If anyone is that into their latest divivy divers, or bookies faves, or stats on large investments then they'll have the tweets up on their phone or tablet or laptop and save the TV screen space for actually seeing what we are punting on.

Exactly Chestnut, those that feel the need for them can receive them via other options without subjecting everybody to them.

It was pleasing to see that they didn't do it yesterday for Ellerslie's twilight meeting and reverted back to the presenter just making a comment re any large bets or market movers. There is enough information on the screen without adding further blockage of the picture by adding in tweets.

And Toblerone...I have been watching the tennis in Melbourne the last two nights and I note that they don't feel the need litter the screen with Tweets.

Now where is that mirror?