RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
punkrock

positive posts

I'd like to write something positive about our industry on here to go against all the usual bull poo and cry baby stuff that goes on on this site. Let's see how long it takes for some uneducated story teller to ruin this but I'll give it a go.

I'd like to congratulate matt roberts for his great start to the season after moving north. I'd like to congratulate glen Hodgson on his great placement and training of Kilchurn. I'd like to congratulate aleisha speight on getting a runner who she bred herself into a group one final. Congratulations to merv and alison with above all. I'm sick of hearing of conspiracy theories and people making unfounded accusations and spreading unfactual rumours. Anyone else got anything else positive to add?

Above all

Would be the best thing that has happened to Greyhound Racing in New Zealand in my point of view for the last Century. His achievement's thus far are mind blowing and a step forward for breeding in New Zealand. Well done to all who are involved. Best of luck for the up and coming Perth cup series keep them coming :) 

Racecafe

I'd like to thank the owners, moderators and members for this robust forum, where we can sing praises about the possitives in our industry or growl about the things we think might have be done better. It's good to have some balance between the two ends of that spectrum. That's what keeps it interesting.

GRNZ

I think they are doing a good job overall, normally offering around 9 race meets a week.

Our trainers get to take their dogs out of the kennel & give them a chance to do what they love.

Our owners get to watch their pride & joy's compete against others on a regular basis.

Our punters get to back their favorite dog or search through the form & odds to find the overs.

In the end, some trainers/owners/punters make a few coin at the end of each day & others only have to wait for their turn until tomorrow. That's the gamble, but what an exciting gamble it is for all those involved.

Greyhound racing beats the pants of a scratchcard, a spin at the pokies, or the dizziness caused by watching the winning wheel spin on Saturday night for someone else.

Zebidiah

Gets third today and still in C5 company, with the old boy coming up 5yrs old. Hope he gets a bitch or two or a nice couch.

couch very shortly unless anyone expresses interest in stud before then. he sure wont mind.

lovely hard worker at home and still looks stunning for his age. its an honour to have him

You really do have to admire Zebidiah as he closes in on his 5th birthday.

A former NZ sprint champion still very competitive at the top level.

102nd start at Addington today and a good 3rd to Clone Your Own and Quedrago.

30 wins and 34 placings at Addington.

A real trouper and a consort or two would be a just reward for loyal service.

I would like to thank all the Grounds staff at the tracks for all the hard work & many hours that they put into getting the tracks ready for races days.

I would also like to thank all the hard working trainers out there for all the hard work they do with training their lovely & talented dogs.

Also would like to thank all the Race day staff for all the hard work you do on race days.

Keep up the good work all of you.

Warm congratulations to connections of Prophecy. What an introduction to open grade. This dog has shown exceptional ability from day one but a very serious injury at his first start nearly ended his career before it got started.

Glennis has shown great skill and patience to bring this dog to the top despite a few more setbacks.

I reckon this is the dog from the North to follow.

Arch and Gloria also need congratulations. for yonks people have been lamenting the lack of stayers in NZ and therorising on the means to correct it. Arch has shown the way and it is ironic the answer appears to have lain in one of the old NZ bitch lines that we all abandoned for the flash harry imports that have taken the guts out of our industry.

We regularly have several posters come on here with comments re how NZ would not be able to race with out Aust imports. It is interesting to note that this Thursday, the High Grade meeting at Christchurch has a 12 race program and the make up of the 120 dogs carded is 46 Aus and 74 NZ. 

It's imposible to believe the blood lines are that far superior to ours in Australia.

I think it's more likely that training methods from the dogs birth to retirement, one of which is under much scrutiny at the moment, could be a leading cause to their suspected superiority.

Another factor worth considering could be how many dogs are born in Australia compared to NZ?

If for instance 5% of all dogs born end up making it to the highest grade, then sheer numbers could play a major factor in why it's perceived that their dogs are better. You don't see any 40 start maidens with limited/mediocre ability brought over, but I'm sure they have them over there too.