RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Trackside Trentham

Well done to the team today on their Trentham coverage. The balance seemed to work. Popplewell got his vocabulary right in describing a winner's breeding (daughter "of" rather than "by"), Sweeney had minimal visibility so that his mumbling was confined to some trainer interviews and his rude habit of never eye-balling the interviewee was not screened,Tommy Hazlett sought good info on track conditions,riding style etc and George delivered as usual with his insight and accuracy.Just one thing--is it not time to let Tom have a crack at the commentary? George could still fill a role as a "wandering larrikin".

Yep Very good,...Impressed with the Puccini/sobarano enquiy footage...

gave a good insight into going ons in the room...as clear cut as it seemed.

No one could challenge George, Chev, on the Geetar or in commentary box. 

You make a very good point re the footage of action in the room. Unfortunately this only ever occurs on Premier days. I believe they should get the camera in the room for every protest regardless of race status. My dollar worth exactly the same amount regardless if it's the Group 1 Thorndon Mile or the 5k Purex Toilet Paper Maiden.

It's enlightening,entertaining and most importantly transparent. The people making the decisions have often been seen as the powerful untouchable law despite making many dubious and contentious decisions over the years. The action that goes on in the room has just as big an impact on us all as what happens on the track but this side of the game is usually done behind closed doors.

My vote is to have these protests all out in the open. 

You make a very good point re the footage of action in the room. Unfortunately this only ever occurs on Premier days. I believe they should get the camera in the room for every protest regardless of race status. My dollar worth exactly the same amount regardless if it's the Group 1 Thorndon Mile or the 5k Purex Toilet Paper Maiden.

It's enlightening,entertaining and most importantly transparent. The people making the decisions have often been seen as the powerful untouchable law despite making many dubious and contentious decisions over the years. The action that goes on in the room has just as big an impact on us all as what happens on the track but this side of the game is usually done behind closed doors.

Agree Duncan,

And all other contentious decisions and rulings (in Petone and on course)

should be as transparent and by majority vote and able to be challenged

by those affected.

These cutovers to 'Court TV' are great. Enquiry room drama with jockeys disputing the facts and us able to take a view either with dollars on the line or not, fantastic stuff. Having the overhead view adds a lot and hopefully this will be standard for most meetings in the future. 

Could do with live betting on the enquiry outcome of course  :P