RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest huckleberry

racecourse inspectors and stipes

Guest huckleberry

After a recent bad expierence with a chief racecourse inspector i am wondering if others have had particually bad run ins with this man?

After a recent bad expierence with a chief racecourse inspector i am wondering if others have had particually bad run ins with this man?

yep..but if your licensed then i would suggest you be careful what you say on here about him

Maybe NZ needs to follow the lead of Victoria. They now have a Racing Integrity Commisioner that covers all three codes.

Guest huckleberry

I thought he was a nice pleasant bloke also until recently.It appears some people can not be held accountable for thier actions.I believe their needs to be a higher authority to hold certain people in place and give people like myself a direction to go down with complaints etc. At the moment there is no such avenue for me to take and it really is unfair.

I knew Rod when he was a D/S in the Hamilton CIB. was a top bloke and cant imagine that he has changed over the years. Most people I know in the industry think he's a fair minded guy

I thought he was a nice pleasant bloke also until recently.It appears some people can not be held accountable for thier actions.I believe their needs to be a higher authority to hold certain people in place and give people like myself a direction to go down with complaints etc. At the moment there is no such avenue for me to take and it really is unfair.

They are employed by HRNZ and as such are answerable to the Executive or General Manager if you read the rules.

Surely a complaint to them would require some investigation.

Guest huckleberry

Yes i tried that avenue, but everything you send to the executive also goes to the said inspector, this is when my problems became a lot worst.the issues i had earlier are nothing compared to now. I have learnt the hard way that its better to put your head down and take it rather than stand up for what is right.

Maybe NZ needs to follow the lead of Victoria. They now have a Racing Integrity Commisioner that covers all three codes.

Hahaha.......... 'racing integrity'........surely that's an oxymoron.

hey . i found mr barry kitto a realy nice guy to deal with .. helpful.. and decent ..

i wonder if his wife stil paints milk cans ..

the time i mention .. he was issuing me with some lovely paperwork ,

for my upsetting a poor driver by the name of wayne larson ..

i had said some coment that mr larson did not like as they were coming back off the track at addington..

i was refering to his drive on gypsy vances in the honda 2000 of that yr ..

.. i only implied that he wouldnt be able to drive his way out of a paperbag .

from memory : i didnt attent the hearing ,

i had a stablehands licence

i think got a fine of about $600 and costs..

i was lucky as i made about 900 the nite before at same track ..

he did seem to follow me around a fair bit after that .

but to be fair guys ther are

afteral only doing thier job ..

Hucklebury you have several options of beng heard unbiased but it totally deends on the circumstances.

HRNZ like most companies will always side with there own unless taken to task by a third party.

The places you can send your complaint to are the Humans Rights Commission, Privacy Commission, even the Disputes tribunal if it is a monetry thing that you dispute.

Although HRNZ are the governing body for te industry they still have to follow the common laws that govern our country. So they can be taken to task in a number of ways, without costing you much or anything, even with a lawyer if the occassion calls for it.

Usually the racecourse inspectors are nice people to deal with if you are asking them to hellp you but if it is them helping someone else they usually appear biased and make their minds up before any such chance is given for your own side.

As for being told to "watch what you say on here" we in NZ have the right to voice our opinion and so long as you stick to facts when stating things then they have to simply accept that you voice your personal matters in public forum as you are the rights holder to your own personal information. Just like when they were cops they should expect verbal dribble and abuse but they should have tough skin or they shouldn't be in the job.

Just an off side, it is interesting over the last 5 - 6 years it has been shown that the NZ police force were terribly irresponsible withthe attitudes and actions taken with abusing power and causing havoc behind closed doors around the country. These guys were all police so ask yourself if they were apart of that culture then it will have stuck to a degree and they were always trained to be good till they got the information they required to bury you.

Dont give up if you think your in the right. Companies and indurtries require people to stand up against them to continue their growth in learning to be open, fair and trustworthy. These are all points that HRNZ have lost out on alot over the last few years with alot of their licence holders.

Good Luck

Guest huckleberry

thankyou stablesj, that is something i had not thought of, I have talked with a few owners and trainers out there now and am very much not alone in my dilema, there are a lot of incidents going on that should be addressed. One in particular is the double standards going on, eg, what one trainer gets done for yet others get away with, the rules being forced upon some trainers while a blind eye gets turned to other trainers. The list is a very long one.and although we are only talking simple things as in paper work stuff, trainer notifications, lease papers being done on time, it sounds petty but some trainers are being forced to abide by the rules right down to the wire where others are being allowed to bend the rules constantly. a rule is and should be a rule no matter who you are or how long you have been in the business. cheers

I used to get chased around by the Racecourse Inspector, and rightfully so as we were about 16 at the time and betting underage.

Funny thing was, I managed to avoid him for ages, until one day about a week after my 18th birthday he finally confronted me and asked me for ID.

The look on his face was Mastercard worthy.