RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
windingmeup

Bright Star

Look at what Another gale produced, and hifi allegro.....

I think look at her traits then assess a cross....she is very quick early and a tenacious chaser....i would be looking at something like bekim bale or velocette. 

I think they want to go natural and local tho, maybe something like Piggy back or buddy broke or although not local the know peace cross could go well.

well she did win a lot that's a great record.If pups come up for sale they would be sold very quick whoever the sire.
Very bad timing but she really doesn't have to prove anymore she was a fantastic sprinter.Great to watch and bet on.Wish them all the best for the future .

I think she shouldve gone to something with strength.....Snicko was a v good dog and will produce something i feel, but although he probably could get the wanganui 520...he wasnt what i would call a strong dog. She would be the ideal bitch to go to something like Bekim bale.

I guess then at the time,  you would have been puzzled over Bright Stars sire and breeding herself ? Her sire although unfashionable to breeders to this day has thrown some very nice handy racers..It is all very well picking what we think she  should go, or not to, but some excellent racers have been produced through  other means than pedigree selections.  

yeh if it were me, i think you are selling yourself short going to a sprint sire w a sprint bitch......agent vicki to star conquest.......

But i think these sires have there place, just look at business time...wow, now burst away line for Rosemary is known for its early pace.....

But look at minis fantasy, what a pedigree, but it has strength too....and i think Ray understands that u need to ping and go at addington, hence his dogs like Robbie etc, but this BTime litter can run, jemima tee 30.27 at addington, so she looks the stronger of them....the others look a little weaker but are still flying around the shorts....mickey tee etc.

So i think these sires like Snicko, Business time, star conquest definitely should be patronised as they suit the nz system. I just think use a bitch that could get 500 and you may get a very handy dog that pings and goes......but using a sprint sire over a sprint bitch and you will probably only gets some pingers, what happens if they are slow away but cant get length then it will have a short career i reckon......but if you go to something with abit of strength then if you have one or 2 that break in and dont ping then the length or strength could mean they can make up ground or even stay...who knows.

Anyway, it could be a plan to get some short coursers that suit our system, and it may get a 500m dog but i doubt it, but this reba keroma line is a good one. then maybe the second litter will be to a stronger sire. 

Ah well, exciting times, always good to see what pups come through. 

I guess then at the time,  you would have been puzzled over Bright Stars sire and breeding herself ? Her sire although unfashionable to breeders to this day has thrown some very nice handy racers..It is all very well picking what we think she  should go, or not to, but some excellent racers have been produced through  other means than pedigree selections.  

Business Time and Snicko are by Big Daddy Cool and all his sons seem to go well at stud though Matanushka has been disappointing.  Been very impressed with Star Conquest from limited runners, surprised he hasn't been utilised more.

To the connections of this wonderful little bitch.

Congratulations on what can only be described,as a marvellous career.

Her stats say it all,I'm sure you've enjoyed every moment.

Unfortunately with the all the highs come the lows.

If ever a bitch deserved a chance at Group level,it was certainly Bright Star!

Her true grit to climb her way back into winning form of late, has been nothing short of sensational.

Going into this years Railway she deserved her ranking,as the number one dog to beat.

Sadly nature had other plans in mind.

But we now look forward to seeing her progeny grace the track,if there half as good Mum,exciting times are just around the corner!

I wish you the best of good luck in the future with your Brightest Star.

Michael Hart

To the connections of this wonderful little bitch.

Congratulations on what can only be described,as a marvellous career.

Her stats say it all,I'm sure you've enjoyed every moment.

Unfortunately with the all the highs come the lows.

If ever a bitch deserved a chance at Group level,it was certainly Bright Star!

Her true grit to climb her way back into winning form of late, has been nothing short of sensational.

Going into this years Railway she deserved her ranking,as the number one dog to beat.

Sadly nature had other plans in mind.

But we now look forward to seeing her progeny grace the track,if there half as good Mum,exciting times are just around the corner!

I wish you the best of good luck in the future with your Brightest Star.

Michael Hart

Excellent post Michael.

Openly shown respect between peers in a public forum speaks heaps about your character.

Kudos

Come on Bob, surely after today's run she has told you she wants the couch.

She has been a remarkable bitch for you and you have done a great job with her but let's not see her run into the ground, she deserves much better than that, let's not forget she has had a litter of pups for you.

To still be competitive at her age and after having pups is testament to how good she is but she is telling you now she just wants to retire with some dignity, do the right thing....please.