RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

Hatrick Raceway

I'm not closing down any discussion. The facts are simple.

Quote from on track magazine. "Any greyhound nominating up to 31 January 2015 shall run out their nominations and be downgraded after the nominated race, if necessary"

The greyhounds at the time of nominations closing were both c2 greyhounds and under the rules at the 26th of january were drawn into this field. Simple. Clear. There is no exceptional circumstances. There is no taking into account when the final would be run. There is no Santa claus

punkrock...

You could have quoted from the On Track publication initially and saved a lot of discussion.

Having had my application to remain a licensed person refused, I no longer have access to this publication.

The answer to my question is that the grading of greyhounds at time of nomination Rule has been deemed to override the C2d over C1d Rule.

Whether this is right or wrong, or whether or not those who have deemed this have the right to do so, are not questions that worry me at this time. The fact that the Club is doing as instructed is what is relevant now.

All the best.

Ashoka

I'm not closing down any discussion. The facts are simple.

Quote from on track magazine. "Any greyhound nominating up to 31 January 2015 shall run out their nominations and be downgraded after the nominated race, if necessary"

The greyhounds at the time of nominations closing were both c2 greyhounds and under the rules at the 26th of january were drawn into this field. Simple. Clear. There is no exceptional circumstances. There is no taking into account when the final would be run. There is no Santa claus

I can't believe there is no Santa Claus. Way to go , spoiling  my day :(((((

Agree with punk rock and houndfan

If you nominate for the heats and there are less than 14 nominations a final only will be run.. using the dogs that were nominated for the heats.

Happens In the north, C.d and south.

Has been the only way I've remembered on how things are done

Lately, all you seem to do is attack people who disagree with you ashoka, punk rock has provided you with the facts and instead of having a constructive argument, you attack punk rock personally, is there not some rule on here against this sort of thing?

As usual  Scooby will warn him and this topic "will be locked"  In my opinion it is he  who is "harebrained:, "Insulting" and    "arrogant" and he seems to be carrying a chip on his shoulder that quite frankly too big for him to accept and handle. I personally would like to know who flogged the water truck and left the dogs with skinned paws :)

Geesh, sorry I asked the question in the first place. Question withdrawn.

I'm generally happy to be in the middle of a good healthy debate.

I can't say it's very enjoyable when it stoops to hurling feces at each other.

Don't some of you people want this forum to continue?

Scooby has fired the warning shots several times previously in other threads. 

Yankiwi...

You raised a valid issue and the discussion has revealed a few defects in the thinking of all who have posted in this thread.

I wish to make the following points:

1. The fields declared as "final" for the Final after the nominations have closed but no heats are required are not "Final"...they will be altered in accordance with circumstance up to the closing time for nominations for all races at the racemeeting at which the said Final is run. I used to keep field selection details so that they could be used to select the left-overs in proper order should they be required to card a field of ten.
  2. A proposed Rule Change presented at the national AGM is supposed to include the wording of the Rule to be changed as it stands, the proposed wording of the replacement Rule, the wording of all Rules affected by the proposed Rule change as they stand along with the new wording required if the Rule Change is passed. The procedure for the inception of the proposed Rule Change and all accompanying changes required to effect the Rule Change are supposed to be included also. This does not appear to have happened on this occasion. Why not?
  3. The greyhound board does not have the power to alter Rules without such changes being passed at a meeting of all greyhound clubs that has been convened in accordance with the current Rules. Where is the Board deriving the power to deem changes to the Rules from?
  4. One supposedly inviolate Rule has been given precedence over another supposedly inviolate Rule. Where does the power to do this reside in the Rules?

I realise that most of you could not give a damn about such niceties and that is why our sport and industry is such a corrupt mess.

All the best.

Ashoka

brainstorm...

I have, on a number of occasions, posted the truth about the removal of the Manawatu GRC water truck from Manawatu Raceway on this Forum.

Further, I believe that I have previously made you aware of this.

If you genuinely want the truth of the matter, you can email me through RaceCafe and I will be only too happy to reply in an obliging manner.

All the best.

Ashoka

alltheway!!!...

I am left wondering what Forum you have been reading.

I acknowledged at the start that I was unsure of where the truth lay.

Punkrock did not provide the relevant information until we had moved a long way down the track.

I politely asked punkrock to critique my example until I took exception to the, in my opinion, arrogant manner in which punkrock was replying...this being, to me...I am right even though nothing I am saying is establishing why I am right.

Hence, my comments... which were also prompted by the, hitherto, arrogant and dismissive attitude repeatedly adopted by the Wanganui GRC Board in relation to matters at their track.

Cheers.

Ashoka

I would normally agree with you ashoka when it comes to this club, but i feel that they have done the right thing in this situation, noms for the race closed before the new rule change as punkrock had already said.

Would we be here arguing over this if they had run 2 heats? Probably not

I made that comment ashoka as i fealt that it was unnecessary to say that punkrocks opinion was bias and that made him ignorant as i do believe that he clearly described how this situation came about and also why the wanganui club made the right decision in this instance

I think we're starting to see the full effect of the new downgrade rule.

We obviously don't have an abundance of C4 graded dogs as some thought would be the case.

For example, the Friday high grade meeting at Hatrick started with two C1 sprints.

They were followed by three C1/C2 sprints.

https://ebet.tab.co.nz/results/WNGG-reslt03131500.html

After the first five races had been run, we finally got to see full fields of dogs run that would have had to have won at least 3 races in their career.

To me, that's far from a "high" grade meet and further evidence that the abundance of dogs will be at the C1 level, as if there wasn't enough of them prior to the rule change.

Wasn't it be better to see the "middle ability" dogs racing for C3 or C4 purse money, then for the C1 or C1/C2 purses they're now running for? I'm fairly sure owners & trainers would agree.

It's a no brainer Yankiwi.  More dogs downgrading quicker and a blockage at the bottom. From a training perspective I find it okay with dogs that have reached their grades higher up but a nightmare is looming for the class one and even more so for the Tier 2 dogs..I have  tier 2 dogs that can't even get a look in so the Tier 2 model is destroyed through this new ruling. I can't complain however, because I was just not motivated to get involved at any stage with the remit system that changed the four misses  ruling.   Clarkie

Also a no brainer - if your dog cant get a run in c1, it shouldnt be racing, simple i say, this rule balances out the c5 ranks and keeps dogs that shouldnt be c5 out of the grade. It is not the rules fault that there are so many below par dogs being bread in nz, hopefully this rule will change that