RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

Hatrick Raceway

I hope the official at Hatrick take a look as to where the entries had come from for the heats of the Group One Wellington Cup & the Wellington Champion Sprint.

Of the 6 heats which were contested, I can see only see 4 dogs which ran that are not normally based in the CD.

To me that's a dreadful turnout for a lead up night to a group one race & hardly any difference to what a normal Friday nights card would look like.

Maybe they should have a look into the mirror and ask themselves why there was such a poor turnout. It surely wasn't the weather. 

one of the best tracks in nz

One of the best tracks in nz at what?

Creating injuries?

Obscuring punters & stewards vision?

Lure height?

"Top" trainers unallowed to have a dog under their name?

All of the above?

If you were talking over all, I'd rate it in the lower half of a top ten list.

Yankiwi.   .Points taken  there is no doubt though  that the club is in the "Lower Half"   of the North Island.  How about putting some vegetable produce in the classifieds....  proceeds to be donated to the club for track maintanence ?:)

Yankiwi.   .Points taken  there is no doubt though  that the club is in the "Lower Half"   of the North Island.  How about putting some vegetable produce in the classifieds....  proceeds to be donated to the club for track maintanence ? :)

What a brilliant idea brainstorm.

I could collect the proceeds, then hook up the plow to my oxen team a drive them on the long journey south. Once there I could hand them their loot and offer up to sort the track out for them as well. :)

seems just as good as any other track.!!

if its as bad as you say!!

Don,t race your dog there.Simple

With only two trainers traveling to Wanganui (which don't normally race week to week at Hatrick) to contest the Wellington Cup & Sprint Championship, I say it might be safe to suggest that a good number of trainers have already taken your advice.

The weather's been great and petrol prices are dropping like there's no tomorrow, so it's safe to think those weren't the limiting factors.

Maybe it's because you need to live close to Wellington and/or have a "W" somewhere in your name to compete? I must admit, I didn't check the limitations for nominating.  :)

I think there were certain conditions for nominating this year

1) you are not guaranteed to run on a decent track, could be a fast track or a slow one, we won't know what till the races start

2) you must be prepared for your dog to get smashed at the lure which the dogs will all be jumping for as for some reason we like it to be 4 ft off the ground

3)you may not be able to actually see your dog race because of our 'safety rail' , you may however see it when it is breaking down turning for home

4) if you are lucky enough to qualify and our timer misfunctions we reserve the right to draw whoever we like out of a 'hat' with no witnesses to the fact it was actually done, it also depends on who you are and who you know.

I think that's why you didn't see any Sth Islanders nominate this year.

josh77...

Your last post is an insult to all the people who have trying for years to have these matters addressed.

I have no doubt that you know what is, and has been, going on in the Central Districts.

You are a lowlife scumbag, making dickhead comments from a position of anonymity.

Ashoka

josh77...

If the post above is really you after a rethink and a change in sentiment...then good on you.

It is never too late to right a wrong and your early correction stands to your credit, if that is what it really is.

All the best.

Ashoka

PS I have no idea who you are, hence my relevant comment.

Lol... The local trainers that have won two group ones in the last 3 yrs, the cd is alot weaker and lacks depth when it comes to quality races and dogs, just look at the majority of the wellington cup final, most of them wouldnt be in my top picks for any other group race final

Maybe they just cant be botherd driving all this way to get their arses kicked by the local trainers lol

Lol the south islanders have won the last 3 Wellington cups, the last 3 breeders stakes, the upper north island the last 2 Wanganui cups, and even the last 2 futuritys were won by visiting trainers. I think it's fair to say they aren't scared.

Oh well if its so wasy to win races up here like every one says think there be more sth islanders up here since we race three times a week. Should be easy pickings for all those top trainers down there with there with their loads of champion race dogs