RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

Volkstok'nbarrell

In my opinion he is the best 3yo in NZ at the moment.I told a leading rider he was the 3yo i have seen since Balmerino and he all but fell off his chair,but when you get another good judge in Butch Castles also singing his praises,i may be correct.

Dean married his longtime partner recently,so well done to both of them.

When you look through the breeding it's not overly flash .He's the dams eighth foal with three previous winners non of them black type.$50,000 yearling purchase.Would be nice to hear The Logan's thoughts on why they picked him from the 100's on offer.With the money Donna spends surely she has to be right up the top when judging horseflesh.

Exciting to hear Matt Cameron's interview afterwards.

According to him VSB was toying with the others, would wait and then put in a little extra spurt when they got anywhere close.

Blew pretty hard after the line too so we still haven't seen the best of him.

Fascinating pedigree.Sire Tavistock won between 1100 and 1600m. Dam Volkster won once at 1000m.Second dam Row of Mapperley won once at 1200m.She was a sister to Getting Closer who won 10 between 1200 and 1600m. Wondering if this is the pedigree of a Derby winner?

To me he is a definite throwback to Volksraad, looks, temperament, build, and even racing action for the few starts he had and Volksraad whose progeny has gone over distance was out of Celtic Assembly (a dam of G1 winners), and we all know Secretariat's CV as a damsire.    I think distance shouldn't be a problem for him as long as the jock doesn't fight him.  He seems to love running so you let him run.

MCQUEEN was very impressive at Ellerslie yesterday.Went from being a pretender to a contender in the Derby.Samantha Collett dropped the whip about 50 meters from the finish but he still powered home.Sure he is by Alamosa who only won up to 1600m but he has already sired an Oaks winner in Kirramosa.Dam Creil won the Avondale Cup over 2200m and ran second in the Counties Cup so this fellow should stay!

Good post chestnut.I have a share in a 2yo Darci Brahma filly out of Mistrale.She was a Volksraad mare who won the Group 2 Queen Elizabeth over 2400m.Volskraad also sired Torlesse who won the N.Z. Cup over 3200 m.

Gubellini., go to "Main St Cafe" and find the 'bumped up' " If you like Horses at all, or " ;)

post-620-0-71014700-1421144567_thumb.jpg

Impressive win last night, though I think he was put under a bit more pressure than they made out. Had the 2nd horse run a straight line it might have been interesting.

Fascinating to see if he gets the derby trip.

Whilst I respect Donna & Dean Logan as very good trainers, I am perplexed as to why to date they have not placed the horse into a Group 1. The Levin Classic would have been an exercise gallop for him based on his form not to mention the stake money.

The trip away would have been a good experience given that they no doubt are looking to Aussie.

Paying more in the Avondale Guineas than the Derby, should be the other way around, easily.

Never run past a mile, but good milers usually run out 2100m well, but 2400m is a different question.

That Dee I Cee looks a dour stayer well suited to 2400m

I hope so got some of the 60 s after his first win

Buzz Lightyear :)

Creamed them in the 2000 Guineas, Bayer and Derby Trial.

Stopped badly in the Derby

Touche :)

However, you could also argue that with the Derby being held later in the season these days, horses would be more developed and better equipped to handle the distance.

Whilst I respect Donna & Dean Logan as very good trainers, I am perplexed as to why to date they have not placed the horse into a Group 1. The Levin Classic would have been an exercise gallop for him based on his form not to mention the stake money.

The trip away would have been a good experience given that they no doubt are looking to Aussie.

They're sticking to the tried and tested Derby formula... and the Levin Classic isn't the type of race (left handed) that you want to prepare going right handed for the Derby - likewise for Sydney racing.