RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

WTF

Pardon me, but is this the only country on the globe where you can pick a winner, as in a dividend bearer and yet lose??????? This used to happen when I first left NZ in 73, please tell me I'm wrong, pleeeeease. I watched a divie change halfway up the straight from 1-10 a place to 90c, I've not looked to closely before this, but fellas, c'mon, I'm choking here, or am I dillusional, let me know and I'll book into a shrink.

I'm still confused Overcheck, why do they post the div as 90c then post race?…….why ?……..I see in one race a runner was to pay 70c……across the line yes it went to a dollar…….in Oz the min in NSW is 1-04….in MEL on super tab……who apparently you co-mingle with is money back worse case scenario, but mostly 1-02, especially in SIN or HK……….

So by your post you are saying not to believe the screen saying 90c…….if I front at the TAB, or check my account they would have paid me an even buck?

Ta

If the screen shows 70c that is the real dividend but they are prepared to make up the shortfall, being the kind people that they are.!!

Not really, if a horse closes at 0.70 for a place, the 2nd and 3rd placegetters odds are reduced to make up the shortfall... I wish we had a system like Hong Kong where the odds are updated every second or two.

Guest 2Admin2

Probably to do with the software the TAB use, as I understand, dividends are refreshed/updated every 30 seconds, so a race can have closed and you are 300m into the race and the dividend changes.

Used to include reasonably short priced favourites in my all up place bets, but stopped, as got fed up seeing a 1.30 dividend disappear to 1.10

Been going on since co-mingling.  It's made worse as well by the delay between the video and real time.  I suspect that the difference is further exaggerated by reconciling large pool amounts at the last possible time.  Would love to know if the TAB bookies lay off in the last 30 seconds as they would have an advantage.

Not really, if a horse closes at 0.70 for a place, the 2nd and 3rd placegetters odds are reduced to make up the shortfall... I wish we had a system like Hong Kong where the odds are updated every second or two.

Really? Are you 100% sure of your facts here???

Have you read the Rules of Racing regarding if a certain percentage of a pool is on one horse???

The answer you are looking for is, " don't bet on the TAB in NZ. If you open a Ladbrokes account, they will allow you to bet mid-tote place. So you get the middle price of 3 tote agencies. Eg, if it's $1.25, $1.30 and $1.35, then you get $1.30. Alternatively, you could back fixed place.

When you go into the NZ TAB website to see the FF and S- divvies for a race it's best to click the desktop odds option at the bottom of the onscreen divs for the race because they are more accurate.   For some reason tonight the dividends showing on the main screens where you make your selections haven't been updated for an hour in some cases, even if you continually refresh, and the next five races to go is messed up as are the latest results.. but the desktop odds does seem to be accurate.

Biff the best way to avoid this situation is to back against the hot favorite and look for value elsewhere especially when place betting.I once had a reasonable place bet on a horse paying $11 for a place two minutes before the start.It duly struggled into 3rd and paid $19!