RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gary1

goy

As I said before when you start this kind of debate it seems to denegrate one of the subjects and I would be the last to want to do that to SF.

Here is what I said about Little Mother, it would appear (from your comments) that I hold a higher opinion of her than you..

Little Mother is outstanding. She possesses superior acceleration and speed, nothing can head her once on the bunny. She has great courage and resiliance, taking knocks to her diminutive frame in one race and bouncing straight back the next. She is peerless on very wet tracks.

However, (unless she's in pink), at the start of any race you wonder "will she find trouble", because that is the only thing that will beat her. (No one will ever say after a Little Mother race "she was beaten by a better dog")

But with Swift Fantasy, you know she will not find trouble, when she mounts her run she doesnt brush past her opponents, she leaves room for error and flashes on by with no loss of momentum and of course her racing style is sheer excitement.

I do not feel that I have denegrated Little Mother one bit, quite the contrary, however the FACT remains that NONE of her performances attracted mainstream media because they were not good enough. I know you know this. Name another dog in the last twenty years to have captured the public's attention as much as Swift Fantasy. (and yes I still do have the Rummo clipping from the Sunday paper)

...and for the 3rd time, my top FOUR races of this season, I rate as the top FOUR of the last TWENTY years. I still rate Shorty Bijou's Wing Meml and Aqua Mouse's Collar above SF's #5. I would be only too pleased to see your Top any.

....Pickel, what I meant when I said denegrate was that in trying to justify Litlle Mother it may sound like I was being negative about SF. I quite realised just what you meant in your post about LM but thanks for reminding me.

I guess this is why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You see I cannot remember very many races that have caught my imagination as much as SF's apart from Castaway mans Scurlogue Champ which were even more amazing. But capturing my imagination does by no means equate to the best effort I have ever seen. When Vavatos won his Collar for example he went faster than SF's two races on the track so common sense tells you that was a better effort even if not as spectacular. I can remember many front running Staying spectacles that were truly great (Overtime for one) that would never ever get on your list but if the dog hat ran second to him had managed to get up and beat him you would probably consider him.

Could I nominate the best race I have ever seen . Yes When Spadeworthy was hit on the neck by a lure that came off the rail after his 17th start, he was paralysed with three fractures in his cervical vertebrae, 4 months later he returned to the track without having had a trial and beat the best open class dogs in the North by a large margin. That will forever remain the best race I have ever seen.

See what I mean about the eye of the beholder.

....Pickel, what I meant when I said denegrate was that in trying to justify Litlle Mother it may sound like I was being negative about SF. I quite realised just what you meant in your post about LM but thanks for reminding me.

I guess this is why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You see I cannot remember very many races that have caught my imagination as much as SF's apart from Castaway mans Scurlogue Champ which were even more amazing. But capturing my imagination does by no means equate to the best effort I have ever seen. When Vavatos won his Collar for example he went faster than SF's two races on the track so common sense tells you that was a better effort even if not as spectacular. I can remember many front running Staying spectacles that were truly great (Overtime for one) that would never ever get on your list but if the dog hat ran second to him had managed to get up and beat him you would probably consider him.

Could I nominate the best race I have ever seen . Yes When Spadeworthy was hit on the neck by a lure that came off the rail after his 17th start, he was paralysed with three fractures in his cervical vertebrae, 4 months later he returned to the track without having had a trial and beat the best open class dogs in the North by a large margin. That will forever remain the best race I have ever seen.

See what I mean about the eye of the beholder.

Oh God Mike , don't mention my name on here,,,,, you might start GARY1 off again on his mission to discourage me !!! Nice thread though I never had the pleasure of seeing the likes of Spadeworthy but you are so right about Scurlogue Champ he was Awesome to watch, although some what dodgy !!!

This my last word to you, you degenerate, you my friend are not only slow on the up take, but you read into things that are not there, like when did I say that Swift Fantasy would or should be voted greyhound of the year ? answer is NEVER . I have often ask you to get your facts right before making a judgment on me, once again you shoot yourself in the foot .... show me where I said that I served in your Army, I think you will find that I never did, what I did state however was that I served in your forces ..... It makes me wonder why I did now as defending twat's like you was never on my agenda ... for your information the forces consist of the Air force the Army and The Navy ... I was not in your Army or your Air force .... I wonder if your PEA sized brain can work out which one I was in ... No prizes for guessing it right though.

I think I will take Mr Martins advice now and defer from anymore banter with you over this subject .... A joke is a Joke, but you my friend are just a laugh a minute ...... Until we have the pleasure again I wish you well in all you do.

Castawayman

mr castaway how you get in navy you not aussie citizen my son has to become aussie citizen to join this take while this what navy tell him is there way round it

Like a number of other countries, the Australian Government considers that it is appropriate for its Defence Force members to be Australian citizens as a demonstration of their commitment to, and long-term stake in, the future of Australia.

Only Australian citizens are permitted to serve in the ADF

thanks help

This my last word to you, you degenerate, you my friend are not only slow on the up take, but you read into things that are not there, like when did I say that Swift Fantasy would or should be voted greyhound of the year ? answer is NEVER . I have often ask you to get your facts right before making a judgment on me, once again you shoot yourself in the foot .... show me where I said that I served in your Army, I think you will find that I never did, what I did state however was that I served in your forces ..... It makes me wonder why I did now as defending twat's like you was never on my agenda ... for your information the forces consist of the Air force the Army and The Navy ... I was not in your Army or your Air force .... I wonder if your PEA sized brain can work out which one I was in ... No prizes for guessing it right though.

I think I will take Mr Martins advice now and defer from anymore banter with you over this subject .... A joke is a Joke, but you my friend are just a laugh a minute ...... Until we have the pleasure again I wish you well in all you do.

Castawayman

you verylucky man mr castaway my son want to join aussie navy but has to be aussie citizen we now wait for papers this what they sent us do you know way round it many thanks ......

Like a number of other countries, the Australian Government considers that it is appropriate for its Defence Force members to be Australian citizens as a demonstration of their commitment to, and long-term stake in, the future of Australia.

Remember the Spadeworthy effort.....amazing and a remarkable training feat too!For me GOY is not only about racetrack performances but the ability of the greyhound to really excite the imagination.Swift Fantasy did both for me, Little Mother not so much.Others no doubt disagree but stubborn buggers like me dont change their minds.

There is no part of the criteria for capturing your imagination but it brings up a good point. Maybe there should be an award for the Greyhound that did most to enhance greyhound racing in NZ. Sometime it will be the GOY but not always.

By the way Rosemary, what did Miss Deanna do to make your haloed list. I cannot remember the dog.

I can still hear Murray Burns exclaiming "Thpadeworthy, he'th back to the track, and he'th back to hith betht"

And not a dry eye in the house.

mr castaway how you get in navy you not aussie citizen my son has to become aussie citizen to join this take while this what navy tell him is there way round it

thanks help

mr castaway can you help my son any ideas

mr castaway can you help my son any ideas
You and your clan seem hell bent on trying to discredit me

Let me put you in the picture, that isn't going to happen, and I have documentation to prove it. Back in 1958 you could pay ten English pounds and go to settle in Australia, at that point you did not have to be a citizen of that country you wanted to settle in, you could pay a full fare and the same rules applied as did joining your armed forces ..... Times have change as you well know, you obviously have a hang up as to my authenticity, what I suggest you do is to gang up with your co - conspirators (that's if you are not one of the same) and hatch a plan to get a life.

The only help I would give your so called son is : If his ship sinks .... swim out to it ..... This is all getting very petty now on your behalf so the show is over for me, and that's a definite .... Ask me no more silly questions and I promise I wont give you any stupid answers. Castawayman.

Let me put you in the picture, that isn't going to happen, and I have documentation to prove it. Back in 1958 you could pay ten English pounds and go to settle in Australia, at that point you did not have to be a citizen of that country you wanted to settle in, you could pay a full fare and the same rules applied as did joining your armed forces ..... Times have change as you well know, you obviously have a hang up as to my authenticity, what I suggest you do is to gang up with your co - conspirators (that's if you are not one of the same) and hatch a plan to get a life.

The only help I would give your so called son is : If his ship sinks .... swim out to it ..... This is all getting very petty now on your behalf so the show is over for me, and that's a definite .... Ask me no more silly questions and I promise I wont give you any stupid answers. Castawayman.

Your having your day in the sun and thats great, enjoy it and hope many more are around the corner in the future. Good trainer good dog = results easy as 123

Cheers Jim

I can still hear Murray Burns exclaiming "Thpadeworthy, he'th back to the track, and he'th back to hith betht"

And not a dry eye in the house.

I had forgot about Peters sabattical and Murray Burns.

On the strengh of that I will have to immediately withdraw my comment of you having no knowledge of grehound racing, and I guess your summing up of Little Mother probably means I should withdraw my comment about her as well. However although your unfortunate geographical location gives you some kind of defence on the remainng point of the red and black eye patch I will have to leave that in place after your list of best ever in previous years.

I am puzzled by Miss Deanna, I cannot remeber the dog, what era was she from and what credentials give her the position you acclaim.

One final comment here Pickel, if Little Mother does not win GOY just what the hell does a dog have to do to win it?

i see you no help my son i just post re fol please no reply from you only want people with knowledge greyhounds to reply thank you mr castaway..... confucious say man who leap off cliff jump to conclusion

i see you no help my son i just post re fol please no reply from you only want people with knowledge greyhounds to reply thank you mr castaway..... confucious say man who leap off cliff jump to conclusion

Maybe Castawayman sick of childish rubbish, this greyhounf forum, you go Trademe.

Maybe Castawayman sick of childish rubbish, this greyhounf forum, you go Trademe.
I think we should call you Confucius Mike , you are a very wise man, and your thinking is spot on. Maybe you could answer this question for me. If Mr H Tran is such an authority on greyhounds in Australia and New Zealand as he pro-ports to be . Why does he keep asking such stupid and irrelevant questions about the sport on this site? could it be that now his side kick has been banned he has nothing else to do with his time. Thanks for your input Castawayman

I think we should call you Confucius Mike , you are a very wise man, and your thinking is spot on. Maybe you could answer this question for me. If Mr H Tran is such an authority on greyhounds in Australia and New Zealand as he pro-ports to be . Why does he keep asking such stupid and irrelevant questions about the sport on this site? could it be that now his side kick has been banned he has nothing else to do with his time. Thanks for your input Castawayman

mr castaway you now tell lies where have i sad i was expert you are compulsive story teller

Remember the Spadeworthy effort.....amazing and a remarkable training feat too!For me GOY is not only about racetrack performances but the ability of the greyhound to really excite the imagination.Swift Fantasy did both for me, Little Mother not so much.Others no doubt disagree but stubborn buggers like me dont change their minds.

swift fantasy greyhound of year joke hry little mother by a mile will win by the biggest margin ever

swift fantasy greyhound of year joke hry little mother by a mile will win by the biggest margin ever

Swift Fantasy isn't a joke and a fantastic greyhound but have to agree that Little Mother for G.O.Y.

Yes Little Mother was exceptional at Addington but I'd like race cafers to honestly answer this question, how good were her opposition.Quite honestly the c5 middle distance greyhounds at the moment look pretty ordinary judging by past seasons and they are making a very good bitch look like a world champion.At least in the stayers ranks Swift Fantasy has real quality in Awesome Bender and Varvatos to keep her honest.Again, this is not meant to knock Little Mother just a frank appraisal of the current circumstances.