RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Auckland Reactor

I was told yesterday that he was on his way back here... but not to race (and that he had been sold). Not sure how reliable the source is, but he ran into the guy that travelled to the states with him.

I was told yesterday that he was on his way back here... but not to race (and that he had been sold). Not sure how reliable the source is, but he ran into the guy that travelled to the states with him.

There was a comment by a reader on an international news website that the horse was being offered to various down under studs. Not sure how true that was.

That $50K estimation is about his current market value in the US, which is why they're so keen to sell him to a stud back here for about 50 times as much, before his "NZ stud value" plummets as well. He still has enough reputation left intact down here to be a commercial stallion. Which is more than you could say about Curtin's chances of even pulling off another multi-million dollar sale to NA!

I'd like to be as sure of winning lotto, as I am that he'll never race again!

That $50K estimation is about his current market value in the US, which is why they're so keen to sell him to a stud back here for about 50 times as much, before his "NZ stud value" plummets as well. He still has enough reputation left intact down here to be a commercial stallion. Which is more than you could say about Curtin's chances of even pulling off another multi-million dollar sale to NA!

I'd like to be as sure of winning lotto, as I am that he'll never race again!

Think Auckland Reactor's stud fee will be less than Somebeachsomewhere's ?

Auckland Reactor hasn't been seen jogging in New Jersey in over a month. Word is he is in Kentucky. The quarantine horses stay in Kentucky for a month or so before going to NZ, the Australian horses go to New Jersey. The Parkers and Mark Purdon did a superlative job with this horse as a two and three year old. His three year old season rates right up there with Niatross, Bret Hanover, and Somebeachsomewhere. You can't take that away from the horse, it's all in the record books. But the syndicate with the big hype snake oil salesman leading the way didn't fare so well. He did great in the four year old stakes races ( I wish they had them here in North America). But he never dominated aged horses down under and for myself and just about every one else in North American who follows down under racing, we could not believe why the syndicate thought they could dominate our best aged pacers. He not only didn't dominate our top aged pacers he didn't race well enough in three races here to get in a race with one. The hype was overbearing. Didn't anyone tell these guys to let their horse do his own talking on the track ?

They lost their Australian breeding career and their North American breeding career. You can't race this horse in New Zealand, a few bad races and it would hurt his NZ stallion career. He looks at best like a $ 4000 stud who could average 125 breedings a year for the first four years. That would net about a million and a quarter and that's about the most the breeders would pay.

Auckland Reactor and Fiery Falcon were two of my favorite NZ race horses ever and would have been even if I hadn't owned their sire. As a harness fan they were just so much fun to watch. One died tragically much to young and the other just wasn't managed well. Thanks for the memories you guys and good luck AR in your future endeavors.

I think they would have to race him, personally I don't think he's well bred enough to be a good stallion, also he showed some the bad traits of Mach three, at 4k there's no doubt I would pay the extra for Mach three

At 5 years old and given his past record here, surely he would be worth racing again. Victory in some good mobile start Australasian races would do his career nothing but good, restore some credibility and easily make up for missing this breeding season.

One season with a good book would equate to his total career stake earnings. A second reasonable season would recoup their purchase price.

Why would they even consider racing him? The downside is too great, and the stud fees would be a year later coming in.

The stud season is almost upon us, so look for the advertising campaign to start soon. $4500 plus GST, call ______ ______ to book now!

I agree,

You have the Auckland Cup.

Interdoms in March on what would probably be his home track. He could win close to $1,000,000 between November and July next year. Bring him home now, turn him out and start again!

Was it really the connections who hyped him up or rather some of the excitable media who see a champion around every corner, and some of the gullible public who love a hero to worship. Then of course comes the tall poppy syndrome.

Mark Purdon, AGH, G Lang all said in the press how he felt like a champion - but was he really a flea who could fly? They couldn't all be under John "snake oil salesman" (I like that one Joey) Curtin's wings could they?

I really hope he races again, I've always been a big fan of his and I think the connections may as well have a crack.

Was fortunate enough to give him a pat when he raced at Ascot Park, was also the first time I met Mark Purdon. I think from what Mark and Blair said that day, they genuinely thought he was a champion.

Referring to if they lined up against one another now AA would be paying $1.70 and if Butcher didn't put him in the race the same people would be crying at Butcher for not doing so. Then went on to say does the price a horse is paying dictate how the race should be run eg if you are a hot fav should no one be allowed to have you on if you are in front etc. went a lot more in depth than that but certainly something to think about.

Sounds interesting. I've never agreed with the idea that the odds of a horse should dictate how it is driven, or how other drivers should drive their horses. Gavin Lang has been the victim of a false favorite that he drove correctly(conservatively) and got suspended because luck didn't go his way.