RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
beerwithduncan

Why "Yes" to Bail and "No" to Sniper?

I'm sure in the fullness of time all the answers will come out over the Sydney Cafe Siege. Until they do I can't help but wonder about two questions.

The offender has a long criminal history. He has an extensive record of preaching extreme hatred. There has been strong claims made that he was involved in the murder of his ex wife. He is presently before the courts on 47 sexual offences. It's commonly accepted that offenders facing serious jail time are prone to even more serious offending.  With this sort of history and circumstance how was this nutcase ever granted bail?

Not long after the siege began yesterday the TV cameras showed images of Police snipers positioned near the cafe. You could also see the occasional clear view of the offender. I thought it sounded like a classic example of a time where a sniper being used was highly appropriate. I've seen numerous US hostage situations stopped very quickly by a Police sniper. I heard the Sydney Police talking about their desire not to take things any further as they hoped like the rest of the world the siege would end peacefully. I couldn't help feeling at the time that situation was already out of their hands due to the nature and history of the offender.

From a long way from the action it appeared to me as if the Police have allowed the offender to dictate when and how the siege ended. I may of course be totally wrong but cant help asking the questions.

As an overview why do countries allow these Muslim extremists to come into their country and preach extreme hatred against the local population? Surely they should be immediately deported the moment they express any hatred whatsoever toward the host country and it's people?

The UK now has many many thousands of Muslim extremists preaching hatred toward the UK and it's people.

They all look like ticking bombs to me. I hope NZ shows them the door the moment they start any of this sort of crap.

Unfortunately Politicians and immigration services have a role to play in all this kind of carry on by these sorts of people as they have allowed them into our fine countries in the first place.

Look back to who let these thugs into our countries in the 1990's.

How many have claimed "Political Asylum/ Refugee status" without having all their bckgrounds fully checked ?

Nine out of ten times they say "no speak a no English" , only to fully understand exactly what has been said.

As far as we are concerned all so called "Political Asylum/ Refugee status" persons that have entered NZ, and of course Australia and other countries, that have have been allowed entrty & residency should all have their paperwork gone through again with a fine tooth comb.

There are bound to be more than a few that should never have been allowed entry, let alone our assistance.

No doubt there are plenty that have changed names, told b/s to gain residency and our welfare assistance when in fact they should never have been allowed entry in the first place.

The Australians have clamped down over the years and do not allow NZ citizens into there country like they used to for a very good reason, giving jobs to there own local people and terrorism were the reasons we recall those changes were made.

To think our politicians tell us "There's less people leaving NZ to go to live in Australia."

They conveniently have either short memories or are not up with the play that it was because of these pricks going through the back-door of NZ to get into Australia these changes were introduced.

Canada  are understood to have a Law in place that they deport the whole family if an immigrant committs a jailable offwence of 3 years of more.

Maybe New Zealand & Australia & other countries need to do the same, retrospectively of course.

Courts etc seem so concerned with the rights of offenders that good decent people are put at increased risk. What about the rights of everyone else? Surely in downtown Sydney you should be able to go into a cafe for a coffee while Christmas shopping without fear of being killed?  I don't understand how a man who has spent years voicing hatred toward his host country and it's people can have 47 active sexual charges against him yet still be granted bail?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/64199429/Sydney-siege-Family-of-ex-wife-furious-gunman-on-bail

I don't mind that these offenders place such a low value on their own life. The downside to that is they put no value on the life of others in fact they have contempt for them.

That guy Tori Johnson sounds like a terrific fella. He will be sadly missed by many people and I agree that an award for his bravery would seem very appropriate. He had no protective gear on and was not being paid to disarm the offender.

The female victim Katrina Dawson sounds like a thoroughly decent lady who had three young children under ten. Her valuable life snuffed out by a worthless cockroach. Can only imagine the distress her loved ones are going through.

As a society we need to take more decisive action against time bombs that spout hatred and contempt for the people of their host country. One strike and you're out the door. No if's,buts or maybe's. 

Rednecks and bogans are using this tragedy to rip into Muslims. Such a shame that the actions of a lone wolf nutcase have been described as an act of Islamic terrorism. It is of course no such thing.

Look at the worst acts of mass murder in Australia - the perpatrators are non-Muslims.

This is not a time to create fear and division in society.

Rednecks and bogans are using this tragedy to rip into Muslims. Such a shame that the actions of a lone wolf nutcase have been described as an act of Islamic terrorism. It is of course no such thing.

Look at the worst acts of mass murder in Australia - the perpatrators are non-Muslims.

This is not a time to create fear and division in society.

You will always get people discriminating against others based on race and religion etc. That's a red herring here. The bulk of the discrimination here was from the offender who openly admitted to "hating whites".

If there are a few "rednecks" voicing disapproval toward Muslims over this I feel you could cut them some slack. They must have had a guts full of witnessing extremist Muslims brutally slaughtering innocent men woman and children in the name of their religion. This offender was an Muslim extremist murdering innocent Australians in a downtown Sydney Cafe for Christs sake. I think Australians redneck or otherwise are entitled to have feelings about that situation.

That aside I noticed a wonderful gesture from Australians that has gone worldwide. They are supporting Muslim woman with "I'll Ride With You". Nothing redneck about that but I guess you missed that.

Most people see this offender as a cockroach who just happened to be a Muslim. His actions reflect on him. Nobody else.

No I didn't miss the I'll Ride With You hashtag. Great sentiment. Proves that Aussie has some great, forward-thinking and caring people but unfortunately it's still a country full of race hate too.

Neither did I miss the idiot Australian Defence League who went to the site of the hostage crisis while it was still in progress and yelled abuse and racist taunts about Muslims. These idiots had no respect for the families and friends of those innocent people being detained. They used it as a political opportunity to ram home their racist beliefs.

Don't let the media and politicians beat this up into an argument about Islam.

The real issue is lax bail laws which affect both NZ and Australia. Time and again dangerous criminals and nutcases have been let free and go on to commit heinous crimes against innocent civilians.

That was great footage of when the Cops finally stormed the building. I hope they all knew what they were shooting at cause from how it looked it surprising everyone in the building wasn't killed.

Interestingly in line with earlier Postings on here - It was a sniper who alerted his mates to go ii, as he saw things were turning ugly inside the building. Clearly he could not get a shot away.

I wondered when someone would mention that DC9. The world was on a knife edge and rightly so over the Sydney situation yet 130 Children are slaughtered in Pakistan and it seems to be fit in somewhere between the weather and sports in terms of news.

It must be said that any group regardless of Religion that feels it's a good thing to slaughter 130 kids to make a point or gain some sort of revenge is a danger to all mankind and should be wiped off the face of the earth. They just happen to be Muslim extremists yet again so if they are wiped out people are accused of being anti Islam....beep! wrong. They are just anti anyone who thinks it's a good thing to murder 130 kids.

That was great footage of when the Cops finally stormed the building. I hope they all knew what they were shooting at cause from how it looked it surprising everyone in the building wasn't killed.

Interestingly in line with earlier Postings on here - It was a sniper who alerted his mates to go ii, as he saw things were turning ugly inside the building. Clearly he could not get a shot away.

I agree. It seemed like a disorganized free for all where good luck would rule over good management. Having said that I have more confidence in the Australian Police than our own Police. Would there have been any survivors had that happened in NZ? I think we all appreciate that even if it was in NZ and our Police totally messed it up they would still be cleared of any wrong doing by their colleagues at the Interdependent Police Conduct.

How many of you recall the case of Political Asylum seeker/ Refugee Danny Butler the Irish bloke that also misled authorities to live in NZ,? We recall he was deported.

Then there's that Ahmed Zhoui that cost us taxpayers a fortune, and the Cleric etc involved in the Islamic mosque in Avondale that also is understood to have misled authorities.

We can only hope that some serious investigations are going on into the validity of some that have claimed Political Asylum/ Refugee status in NZ as a result of the above unfortunate acts.