RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
elsu is awesome

Bet of the Tour de France.

There's a good combination!?

It is, when shooting is finished, bolts taken out of firearms, locked away in a NZ Police approved safe with ammunition stored in a seperate place..... then its acceptable to destroy a bottle of Bombay Sapphire :)

Elsu, Give us a couple of guys to look out on tonights stage.

I could pick it if it were a mountain top finish.

But with 20k descent and then 10k flat after the big climb. It is making things very difficult to pick a winner.

I reckon a break a way might survive.

Elsu, Give us a couple of guys to look out on tonights stage.

I could pick it if it were a mountain top finish.

But with 20k descent and then 10k flat after the big climb. It is making things very difficult to pick a winner.

I reckon a break a way might survive.

Alexander Vinokourov is the best descender in the Tour, a great climber and certainly knows how to use EPO, so I'd say he's a top chance (at $35's).

I think it will be an open stage, Contador will be hard to beat because there will definetly be some Astana team-mates prominent in this stage.

Vinokorov at 35's

Contador at 9's

Other than those two, its very open.

Alexander Vinokourov is the best descender in the Tour, a great climber and certainly knows how to use EPO, so I'd say he's a top chance (at $35's).

I think it will be an open stage, Contador will be hard to beat because there will definetly be some Astana team-mates prominent in this stage.

Vinokorov at 35's

Contador at 9's

Other than those two, its very open.

Cheers!

I'll back Vinokorov. Probably along with Sammy Sanchez, who looked very good on the previous stage.

And Luis zzzn Sanchez. Could be a Break away rider. And is a chance if he is.

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Armstrong try something. He did say he will be looking for a stage win. This would be the sort of stage that suits him.....

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Armstrong try something. He did say he will be looking for a stage win. This would be the sort of stage that suits him.....

I thought that too, kerrie...

Will couple up V, K and A along with - just because 2010 seems to the Year of Spanish Sport, ha, a decent-priced Spaniard!

Second!!! Luis zzzn Sanchez Second! Well I was on the right lines.

I did think a guy like Sandy Casar would make the Break away, but I didn't think he would get over the Hors catorgrie climb!

Oh well!!! Todays a new day. And My Green Jersey bet, Thor Hushovd, got himself another sneaky 6 points.

last Night really sorted out the men from the boys. Now only two men are chances for the yellow jersey, Andy Shleck and Alberto Contador.

They showed how much better they are than the rest of them last night.

Looks like its his to lose with Frank not being their to pull Andy through.

Not to mention, Andy will lose at least a minute to Contador on the 2nd last stage, Time Trial.

Stage 10 tonight and there is a couple of decent climbs towards the end of the stage. I think another stage where the Break away could survive.

And It's Bastille Day in France.

Meaning there is a very good Chance that a French rider will win.

To narrow it down. Thomas Voekler, The French National Champion. Who has been relatively quiet to date.

And Sylvain Chavanel who has had a fanastic tou so far! I hear he still fancies another stage victory.

And one at longer odds. Would be Damiano Cunego. Who probably should of won last night.

Barring a crash or a drug test, this race is Alberto Contadors.

Unfortunately for Andy Schleck fans, he cannot Time-Trial to save his life.... too unco-ordinated.

Contador was spectacular last night, and it was good to see the breakaway hold on.

Not to mention, Andy will lose at least a minute to Contador on the 2nd last stage, Time Trial.

Stage 10 tonight and there is a couple of decent climbs towards the end of the stage. I think another stage where the Break away could survive.

And It's Bastille Day in France.

Meaning there is a very good Chance that a French rider will win.

To narrow it down. Thomas Voekler, The French National Champion. Who has been relatively quiet to date.

And Sylvain Chavanel who has had a fanastic tou so far! I hear he still fancies another stage victory.

U read my mind.Love the chance of Voeckler tonight though thought he would be paying more than $12 and Chaavanel has been a bit like the energiser bunny at times just doesnt know when to give up.

Voekler big chance tonight I agree.

Astana will(may) be keen to open upon a stage like this and allow their Domestiques to chase the stage win. Vinokorov fit into this category.

And dont leave Boasson Hagen out of consideration, a seriously talented cyclist who hasnt done much over the recent stages.

Talk About lazy days and Mondays!!! I did think the Break away would win, but not that easily!

And the French. When they are not expexted to win, they win. When they are expected to win they lose!!!

Good to see Sergio Paulinho allowed to win a stage though. He is a man who did deserve it. Could be a sign of things to come for the rest of the Tour.

Radioshack riders looking for Stage wins. Lance is gone. Levi is not quite up to it anymore. And Kloden is suffering from the heat.

Tonight though, Should be a stage for the sprinters. Cavendish should win. But I'm Hoping for Thor!

I think Tyler Farrars injury might just about be right and noticed the Garmin team have gone very quiet last few stages so might have a wee sneaky on Farrar but he under the odds at $11.Also been a disapointing tour for Oscar Freire so might chuck him in at $30.Saying all that i would expect Cavendish to win if anywhere near front with 5kms to go

good to see this option available.

Any strong opinions on who will finish 3rd?

cheers

I'd say it will be between Levi Leipheimer and Denis Menchov.

Sammy Sanchez fought hard the other day to be currently 3rd. But I think Levi and Menchov can beat Sanchez in the Time Trial.

as expected Cavendish a little too good.

BUT, not without the help of a bloody Aussie headbutt. Mark Renshaw, in leading out Cavendish, Headbutted our man, Julian Dean.

This was an incident that rivals the 1982 under-arm incident!!!

Thankfully, Mark Renshaw has been disqualified from the the Tour...

What did I say! Wat did I bloody say!

I knew Vinokourov would win a stage.

And did I back him last night?

Of course bloody not.

Had to love the call from Phil Liggett. Just says it straight up. "They let him back after he cheated and he wins the stage!"

I'd say he may have got into a bit of trouble for using that 'C' word.

Tonights Stage is where I believe Alberto Contador will take the Yellow Jersey.

Around $2 is pretty good money.

I will have a saver on Lance Armstrong. I do think he will win a stage before this Tour is done.

And I'll chuck a fiver on L.L Sanchez. He may be in the breakaway, And I do think there is a small chance the breakaway will survive.