RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
elsu is awesome

Bet of the Tour de France.

What the hell is Armstrong doing at this years tour?

He got dropped just before..... they stuck the camera in his face and he turned and winked at it... :confused:

That would suggest he's saving himself for a big attack at a later stage.... but crikey... Armstrong getting dropped in the first 4km's of a climb??

Maybe he's the only rider in the tour this year not on EPO :D

My thoughts Elsu.

If he was to be using in this tour then his image would be ruined forever..

How his image is clean is beyond me..

These cycling guys get off way too easily.

You'd think Tiger was popping pills and not just women.

What the hell is Armstrong doing at this years tour?

He got dropped just before..... they stuck the camera in his face and he turned and winked at it... :confused:

That would suggest he's saving himself for a big attack at a later stage.... but crikey... Armstrong getting dropped in the first 4km's of a climb??

Maybe he's the only rider in the tour this year not on EPO :D

He's losing time on Purpose to go for a stage win. Thats what Johan Bruyneel says anyway. I'll be backing him once more. That'll be tonight. Big climb followed by long descent. Should suit a break away. I hope Lance will be in it.

Other than that, Sammy Sanchez. He's showed he can go with Contador and Schleck, and he's a great descender.

Hopefully we won't have some 'middle of the road' Frenchman in a break win the Stage!!!

This tour is weird one this year.

I agree.Some riders have really enhanced their reputations though.Chavenal both Sanchezs ,vinokourov and Van den Broeck.While Armstromg,Wiggens and Evans have been disapointing,even allowing for injuries and the like.And with Frank Schleck out Probably only Contador,Menchov and Andy Schleck have lived up to expectations out of what was considered by many as top 6 riders

I agree.Some riders have really enhanced their reputations though.Chavenal both Sanchezs ,vinokourov and Van den Broeck.While Armstromg,Wiggens and Evans have been disapointing,even allowing for injuries and the like.And with Frank Schleck out Probably only Contador,Menchov and Andy Schleck have lived up to expectations out of what was considered by many as top 6 riders

Bradley Wiggens has been a joke, overrated much?

Vinokorov has been incredible, but hes definetly on the roids... nobody could lead out on mountain stages like he has been, day after day after day without something driving it.

Cadel Evans has been disappointing despite his injury.

Bradley Wiggens has been a joke, overrated much?

Vinokorov has been incredible, but hes definetly on the roids... nobody could lead out on mountain stages like he has been, day after day after day without something driving it.

Cadel Evans has been disappointing despite his injury.

Bradley Wiggens is over-hyped and Over-rated the British.

The main reason he finished fourth last year is thanks to Christian Vande velde, and the then, inform, Dave Zabrieski and David Millar.

His New team this year have not helped him anywhere near as much as what Garmin did last year.

If Vinokourov has been incredible, What about that Navarro???!!! And the Guys from Saxobank, Stu O'Grady huge!, Chris Anker Sorenson Huge!.

And good ol Jens Voight! Some say whe Jens rides, he is not actually moving. The Earth is just spinning faster!

Tonights Stage will be another goodie. Andy Schleck is Little to no chance. He has said he wants revenge. But would prefer to back him on the MTF on the Tourmalet. Not tonight.

Where there is 70KM FLAT after the big 4 climbs. I think it may be a break that wins.

Sammy Sanchez is some chance if they catch the break-away.

I'll back Cunego and Armstrong(Yes Again!!!) along with a couple of french riders. Namely, Chavanel and Moreau.

And just for the luck of the Irish, I'm hoping Nicolas Roach can do something.

They should run this stage in the reverse direction!!! that would make it more interesting.

To be honest I'm sick of these bloody stages always ending on downhills and flat sections.

What ever happened to a Category 1 climb, with the finish at the summit?

At least then you can back the climbers like Contador and Schlek with some confidence.

To be honest I'm sick of these bloody stages always ending on downhills and flat sections.

What ever happened to a Category 1 climb, with the finish at the summit?

At least then you can back the climbers like Contador and Schlek with some confidence.

Back them on Thursday. That will be the Queen Stage.

Tonight, just back a group of guys that you think might be in the break away.

It would be nice to think that one of the GC contenders has a go though.........

Unbelievable! 3 of the riders I backed got in the break away. None of them won.

Moreau helping team-mate and too old. Armstrong just too old.

And Cunego stuffed up the timing of his sprint.

Once again another French Rider won. Perrick Fedrigo.

For mine, the best part of the whole stage was The God Of Thunder Thor Hushovd.

He got over all 4 of the big climbs with the Peloton and then led home the peloton finishing 10th on the stage to reclaim the Green jersey. While all the other sprinters were way back in autobus.

It was thouroughly entertaining to watch as a Thor Hushovd fan. But from him, it was an almighty effort!

And Cunego stuffed up the timing of his sprint.

For mine, the best part of the whole stage was The God Of Thunder Thor Hushovd.

.It was thouroughly entertaining to watch as a Thor Hushovd fan. But from him, it was an almighty effort!

Agree about Cunego.And thought THOR was unbeleivable i would love to see him win the sprint title as that was the best performance by a long way by a sprinter.Was quite surprised at how poor thje Saxobank team seemed to be last night i thought they seemed to be struggling,i suppose we will find out tomorrow.Where as Astana seemed quite strong

Agree about Cunego.And thought THOR was unbeleivable i would love to see him win the sprint title as that was the best performance by a long way by a sprinter.Was quite surprised at how poor thje Saxobank team seemed to be last night i thought they seemed to be struggling,i suppose we will find out tomorrow.Where as Astana seemed quite strong

Another surprise was how strong Omega-pharma lotto were.

They had 4 or 5 guys all up the front of the Peloton. Jurgen Van de Broeck had a good little go on the first climb aswell.

Maybe Cadel Evans should of stayed with them!

What a stage it is tonight! Contador and schleck equal favourites.

I probably won't have a bet because a break may well survive.

Would like to see a straight Schleck vs Contador book for tonight. That would be better....

A lot of battles within the battle tonight. Expect to see Moreau and Charteau in the break. Looking to fight out the King Of The Mountains jersey.

I'd Love to Moreau win the KOM in his last Tour. He's been a great rider. I think this is his 15th tour!

The green jersey. Hoping Hushovd can maybe slip into an early break. There is an intermediate sprint before the 1st Cat 1 climb.

And the battle for 3rd between Menchov and Sanchez could be decided today. Sanchez did struggle a bit the other day. So I do favour Menchov.

For the stage tonight. 3 riders I may back, are Andy Schleck, Denis Mencov, and my roughie would be Carlos Sastre.

An out an out bolter that could do something would be Christophe Le Meval. He was the top french rider in the tour last year. He hasn't been as good this year, But with the Tour the French have had, he may be a chance.

Hopefully though, We get the big battle between Schleck and Contador up the mythical Col Du Tourmalet!!!

Unbelievable! What a stage!

And the fact the Betfair market failed to shut until 15 seconds after the finish, with some $1.40 still avaliable...... it really put the icing on the cake.

Nothing like emptying the account on the guy whos already won :D

Unbelievable! What a stage!

And the fact the Betfair market failed to shut until 15 seconds after the finish, with some $1.40 still avaliable...... it really put the icing on the cake.

Nothing like emptying the account on the guy whos already won :D

'Nothing like emptying the account....':rolleyes:

So if what you've been telling us lately is correct elsu, you put $100 ( being your betting limit ) on the guy and made $14!

Now, if what you say is true and I suspect it isn't, then it's probably the easiest $14 you've ever made, but don't to$$ off about 'emptying your account' and try to pass yourself off as a big punter when you yourself have told all and sundry that you can't afford more than a $100 bet at the moment!

I can't stand people on here that think they can tell porkies and not expect others to notice it!

What a night last night!!!!

This is going to be one of the great sporting rivalries. A rivalry that would match any sporting rivalry in the world!!!

What an atmosphere up the Col Du Tourmalet!!! We had Vikings, Borats, flags from almost everywhere in the world.

Just sensational.

Just a shame Andy Schleck can't time trial. Otherwise, in 2 days time. We could of had a great Time Trial.

Two other riders worth noting last night. Carlos Sastre. A great Ride! Was caught in no-mans-land for over 100km. If he had caught the break, the stage could of been a whole lot different.

And Sammy Sanchez. He was down an out after crashing early in the stage. He ended up gaining 8 seconds on Denis Menchov, on the final climb in the battle for 3rd.

Tonights stage, Mark Cavendish.........

Although, our man Julian Dean will get a chance to win the the stage. Because the man he was leading out, tyler Farrar, is out.