RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
elsu is awesome

Bet of the Tour de France.

Good tipping. I backed Thor Hushovd to win the Green Jersey at $5 before the Tour. I see he is in to $1.30 for that competition!

Thor Hushovd was very angry at the decision to not allocate any points after yesterdays stage where Fabian Cancellara led that petulant protest.

So We had to expect some sort of a Backlash from Thor last night.

Not to mention Hushovd is a great rider on the Cobble-stones. He's had top results in Paris-Roubaix in the past.

The God Of Thunder Thor Hushovd!!!!!

Great stage last night though. Saxobank would have mixed feelings. Frank Shleck out of the Tour. But Andy Shleck now has a 31 second lead over Alberto Contador. That could be very, very useful.

Next couple of stages should belong to the the sprinters. And I'd say Mark Cavendish inparticular, will look to get back in the mix in the green Jersey comp.

Here's hoping Thor can stay with him....

Good work, elsu...

Stayed up to watch the footy - backed Pereira to score, so happy there too - and your wee tip provided a bit of interest in the cycling too!

Cheers Murray.

I'm looking to repeat last years punting performance where I cleared about $15,000 profit from Tour de France betting (got massive odds for Contador after he crashed, and before his ridiculous EPO induced attack which won him the tour).

My mate happens to be a road rider who has trained in Europe, and he told me that almost every single rider in the Tour is on drugs in some form.

Mark Cavendish should win Stage 4, but if you are after some value:

Allesandro Pettachi @ 12's

Oscar Friere @20's

Edvald Boasson Hagen @ 30's

NZ TAB odds for the Tour this year are an absolute joke, so stick with Betfair.

'NZ TAB odds for the Tour this year are an absolute joke, so stick with Betfair'

Agreed...

I have been having a big spend up on the FIFA World Cup, eia - there hasn't been a game I've not seen live, heh heh, even if that has entailed me watching two TVS at once at times, and have basically given up looking at what prices the NZ TAB is offering...

Am doing okay - nothing startling, almost 9% up on total outlay - so maybe, just maybe, I tell my partner, one of us might manage to get away on a northern holiday this year. And what would she like me to bring her back?

Thump!

Tonight's game is genuinely the only game thus far I am truly clueless about - part of me thinks the Germans will run riot against a poor-thus-far Spain and then another part says Spain are timing their run nicely and that they will shut down their opposition as they did in the last Euro...

Will shop around on your Cycling odds!

You do realise that you are on a hiding to nothing: at present you are 100% with me on the 2010 Tour. You can't improve on that, you know!

And, in case you didn't know, there's a decent night's card at Newmarket in England that Trackside is showing - including a Group 1 mile event...

Oh yep, on the Cycling, is that cobbled section a feature every year? If so, I've never noticed it before...

Guest Bruce M

Oh yep, on the Cycling, is that cobbled section a feature every year? If so, I've never noticed it before...

Prop...I know you've been suffering terrible sleep deprivation following the World Cup but now it's my turn with Le Tour.

The cobbles are a feature of Le Tour every three or four years.As you know the route changes dramatically form year to year....one year clockwise and the next counter-clockwise.The only constants are visits to the Alps and Pyrenees and finishing in Paris.

There is a famous one day race featuring the cobbles each year...the Paris to Roubaix.Some of the cyclists cope admirably and others struggle.

Le Tour is an astonishing travelogue of France...no wonder thousands of Europeans spend their summer holidays following Le Tour.

I know a few Kiwis who have done it and they rave about the experience.Obviously they only see the cyclists for a few minutes each day but they rave over the social aspect of meeting people from all over the world.

One day maybe.... :D

The cobbles are a feature of Le Tour every three or four years.As you know the route changes dramatically form year to year....one year clockwise and the next counter-clockwise.The only constants are visits to the Alps and Pyrenees and finishing in Paris.

Ah thanks Bruce...

It's compelling viewing...

Some of last year's TV shots remain in my memory - there was one, taken from a helicopter, looking down on three or four folk high, high on a rocky outcrop looking down on the field as they passed...

Not sure that I'm nutter enough to want to follow every stage on my holiday, though...

I'm trying hard to convince you-know-who that a trip to Ukraine, hey, maybe even Poland would be a good idea in mid 2012. Less crowds than those pesky Olympics, quite a few less Brits about etc etc...

Will keep you posted as to my progress///

Julian Dean!!!! Give this man The Halberg Award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd behind Pettachi in lasts nights stage on the Tour.

That result is bigger than Mahe Drysdale winning some rowing event on some river!

As an aside. Mark Cavedish very poor. They absolutely swamped him the 50m or so.

Mark Cavendish should win Stage 4, but if you are after some value:

Allesandro Pettachi @ 12's

Oscar Friere @20's

Edvald Boasson Hagen @ 30's

NZ TAB odds for the Tour this year are an absolute joke, so stick with Betfair.

2 stages in a row and this one @12's

Allan = Elsu?

If so, good work (again), my son...

Wasn't too impressed that Mr P decided to stand up on his bike well short of the line, though, Elsu. Tell your mate to clue those Cyclists who get to carry my money that they are to cease their pedalling 6 inches after the line and definitely not any time before they hit it!

Great countryside again on last night's stage. And still not a mountain in sight. It's amazing how empty large bits of France are...

Anyways, another good night - as mentioned elsewhere, I wimped out of a bet on Queensland -8 and also got a few of the dollars paid out on that well backed (20-to-1 into 12-to-1 on-course) horse that won the second at Newmarket. Was v impressed with the unbeaten 2-yaer-old that won the first race, too. And then Spain won, too...

Isn't life wonderful?

;)

Allan = Elsu?

If so, good work (again), my son...

Wasn't too impressed that Mr P decided to stand up on his bike well short of the line, though, Elsu. Tell your mate to clue those Cyclists who get to carry my money that they are to cease their pedalling 6 inches after the line and definitely not any time before they hit it!

Great countryside again on last night's stage. And still not a mountain in sight. It's amazing how empty large bits of France are...

Anyways, another good night - as mentioned elsewhere, I wimped out of a bet on Queensland -8 and also got a few of the dollars paid out on that well backed (20-to-1 into 12-to-1 on-course) horse that won the second at Newmarket. Was v impressed with the unbeaten 2-yaer-old that won the first race, too. And then Spain won, too...

Isn't life wonderful?

]

Great minds think alike Murray.

I had a huge wallop on Memory to win at Newmarket last night, but the real cream of the night was backing Native Khan at 25's with the NZ TAB Tote.... the horse was paying 5/1 with William Hill :D

Well done, Julian! A kiwi's best individual finish in the history of the race.

Cavendish looked to have every chance to win Stage 4

Is he a bit gun shy now after that bad crash he suffered near the line in a stage of the Tour de Suisse?

Well done, Julian! A kiwi's best individual finish in the history of the race.

Cavendish looked to have every chance to win Stage 4

Is he a bit gun shy now after that bad crash he suffered near the line in a stage of the Tour de Suisse?

Mark Cavendish:

An arrogant, over confident time trialler whose self promotion is being exposed as groundless hype.

I guess that Mark has answered his critics now.

He will be a threat to the green jersey, if he finishes the tour.

Bahahaha. He won a stage! If he couldnt win last nights stage then he shouldnt have been in the Tour to begin with.

Bahahaha. He won a stage! If he couldnt win last nights stage then he shouldnt have been in the Tour to begin with.

He won again overnight. Hope you got a quid allan cos i did.

Can't for the life of me work out Garmins strategy. lead out twice now for minor placing overnight.

Elsu, If you can pick tonights stage, You deserve to be knighted!

Can a Sprinter climber like Hushovd win it?

Or will one of the semi GC contenders like a Vinokourov win it?

Or will the break-a-way hold on? Or more so, Will the big teams let the break-a-way hold on?

If it is the Break-a-way that holds on. I don't mind a guy like Carlos Barredo. He might try something like his team-mate Sylvain chavenel did on Stage 2.

Whoever wins, The next couple of stages are going to be awesome!!!

The new phrase- HaHaHa!

And again!

A class above them. Watch out Thor!

I'm picking based on his thoughts on Cavendish, that he didn't get a quid

Didnt have a bet, spent the night shooting possums and drinking piss.

As far as tonights stage is concerned, I wouldnt have a bloody clue who'll win.

I focus my bets on stages that I think will suit certain riders..... eg Hushovd on the cobbles in a stage I knew would end in a sprint, and Pettachi for similar reasons.

My next bet on the tour will be in about 3-4 days and I will post it on here.