RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rooboy

Nightmayor!

OK Phil, If a 'white mother f-----r made the same comments about maori would you still defend their right to fair comment?

His language was insulting and offensive and indefensible as would be calling someone a Maori muver F**cker but in themselves neither is racist, it depends on context.However both are offensive irrespective of context. Calling anyone a MF whether Maori, White, Pakeha, PI, Asian or any other type of MF is totally unacceptable and highly offensive. Both are insulting and Mikaere summed it up in his reply to him pointing out he was no better than the WMFs he criticised with his behaviour. I think he is an embarrassment to the Maori Party and the govt and making a bit of a fool of himself by making outrageous and offensive statements to justify his actions but that's not racism. Still just as unacceptable though. Harawira has made some valid points in the past on issues but such behaviour undermines and distracts from anything worthwhile he might have said. Be interesting to see how Turia and Sharples deal with it as Key seems to have kicked for touch and put the ball in their court - to mix two sporting codes in one metaphor.

Phil....stop trying to be the "almighty intellect" on this one and get with the programme!!

You've got your head up your rrrrrrsssss!

Just because the comments were offensive doesn't make them racist. If anything it's those who show a kneejerk reaction claiming they are racist just because they are offended that have their heads up their arse. There's nothing inherently intellectual about recognising stupid and offensive statements & behaviour, it's pretty straightforward in fact.

I'm not defending Harawira at all and never have. What he has done and said is inexcusable but that doesn't make it racist, nor would it be if the roles were reversed.

Just because the comments were offensive doesn't make them racist. If anything it's those who show a kneejerk reaction claiming they are racist just because they are offended that have their heads up their arse. There's nothing inherently intellectual about recognising stupid and offensive statements & behaviour, it's pretty straightforward in fact.

I'm not defending Harawira at all and never have. What he has done and said is inexcusable but that doesn't make it racist, nor would it be if the roles were reversed.

But Phil,that Buddie character (don't know his other name,the recipient of the E-mail)) speaking on behalf of Maori actually said he thought it was racist as Harawira stated WHITE m-f and White bullsh1t; I'm sure if someone other than a Maori said BLACK m-f or black bullsh1t, then that phrase would be considered racist.

But Phil,that Buddie character (don't know his other name,the recipient of the E-mail)) speaking on behalf of Maori actually said he thought it was racist as Harawira stated WHITE m-f and White bullsh1t]

What I read of what Mikaere (is the name you were looking for) said it was "what some people deemed racist." He didn't specifically say it was racist but virtually said that that was just as bad given it was offensive, in bad taste unacceptable language etc. I agree with him and can't see how anybody could defend what Harawira has done or said and he undermines the things that the Maori party have achieved because whether you agree or not with them, they have made some achievements.

However the term isn't racist whether said by Pakeha Maori or whoever but that's probably academic because the offence caused and damage done by such apalling behaviour and language is just as bad whoever says it and behaves like that.

What I read of what Mikaere (is the name you were looking for) said it was "what some people deemed racist." He didn't specifically say it was racist but virtually said that that was just as bad given it was offensive, in bad taste unacceptable language etc. I agree with him and can't see how anybody could defend what Harawira has done or said and he undermines the things that the Maori party have achieved because whether you agree or not with them, they have made some achievements.

However the term isn't racist whether said by Pakeha Maori or whoever but that's probably academic because the offence caused and damage done by such apalling behaviour and language is just as bad whoever says it and behaves like that.

You are putting a spin on it Phil,Harawira did not say Pakeha etc he said WHITE and for you to state that to say Maori Muvver f is not racist,may be correct,but to say BLACK muvver f would be racist.

I have written to the Race relations mob, expressing my disgust at their office in not following up the complaints recieved.

You are putting a spin on it Phil,Harawira did not say Pakeha etc he said WHITE and for you to state that to say Maori Muvver f is not racist,may be correct,but to say BLACK muvver f would be racist.

I have written to the Race relations mob, expressing my disgust at their office in not following up the complaints recieved.

I hope you did not put a stamp on the letter :) This so called race 'conciliator' is more likely to present the m-f with an award. If the nats are serious about cutting costs in the public area this useless outfit should be the first to go. They could replace it with philocon on a voluntery basis :D

I have quoted Harawira's statements several times and each time I used his original words white etc. I used the term Pakehas when commenting on it as that was what group I'm sure he was referring to. Unless you can convince me that Pakeha was not the word Maori traditionally used to describe the white races. Besides if the term Maori MF is not racist then what makes the term Black MF so different that it is?

Both are racially based and derogatory but it's the context that is important. If one was to say all Maori or all Whites or all Blacks etc are MFers then that is clearly racist as it is stating that a particular racial grouping is flawed or inferior based on genetic background and skin colour. To refer to a group of Whites or Maori or Pakeha or whatever as White MFers or by any other term is still derogatory and insulting and offensive language but that does not mean it is racist. It is pretty clear from the context and what he says is not saying all whites are MFers but those who he believes to have pillaged, raped and stolen the land. again I don't defend what he has done and said for a minute and believe he must be disciplined for it and of course should apologise. However racism is a clearly defined and serious offence against humanity that is often thrown around too lightly and too easily when in fact what we are talking about here is racially based insults and offensive language. Also very serious and unacceptable but not actually racist. If anything Harawira probably owes apologies to women and mothers & their offspring in particular as well as to the rest of us of any race as that language is totally unacceptable and specifically is insulting to them. He also owes an apology to the many people who have fought racism, injustice and exploitation here and abroad for using the behaviour of past exploiters and racist policies to justify his abnegating of his responsibilities to carry out his function as your and my elected representative at an international forum.

The Race Relations Office did follow up the complaints they received and both de Bres and the Human Rights Commissioner have said they will look at each complaint case by case. Your problem is that they are applying a definition of racism which is correct by most acknowledged authorities from the OED to Websters and others but it doesn't agree with your personal definition. Racism is not defined and redefined by what insulted and angry people at the time feel no matter how justified they are in being angry & aggrieved.

All of this is really a bit of a joke, there is no maori under 35 that has more than 33% maori blood, and time will reduce that to even less, so to continue this antagonistic out look is in my opinion stupid and perhaps we need to start making legislation around the proportion of maori blood when considering claims and payouts. Also it also needs to be said to the colour blind ones, that they are brown not black and more white blood than brown.

All of this is really a bit of a joke, there is no maori under 35 that has more than 33% maori blood, and time will reduce that to even less, so to continue this antagonistic out look is in my opinion stupid and perhaps we need to start making legislation around the proportion of maori blood when considering claims and payouts. Also it also needs to be said to the colour blind ones, that they are brown not black and more white blood than brown.

Selection for the NZ Maori Rugby team requires proof of 1/16th Maori blood. Except in Paul Tito's case where it appeared to be 1/128th.

White people are not white,white is a lack of colour and therefore most "white"

people are a peculiar shade of some other colour.I don't know any living thing having brown blood,maybe green or blue (like myself :D)

Where do you get those figures from? Show the research and stats that supports that claim. The Maori Affairs Act 1953, & amended in 1974 defines "Maori" as a person of the Maori race of New Zealand and included any descendant of that person, irrespective of the percentage of blood line. it is upon this that entitlement to a share of treaty claims etc is based. So a combination of birth certificaste, tribal affiliation, where and how you grew up and what & you identify with are the key factors. Bit like getting to attend my or any other families reunion. In fact last family reunion I attended we had several Maori in the family and other races too including Pacific Island. They are perfectly entitled to acknowledge and benefit from their other ancestry & culture as well as their Irish one.

To start trying to define a race on lines of blood and racial purity is going down a risky path as the German people found out in the mid to late 1930s, as also did South Africa between 1949 and the early 1990s .

I don't recall anyone suggesting anything about black skinned Maori or anyone else. Also there have been a small number of Maori mainly around the East Coast of the North island (often Ngati Porou) who have had a lighter skin than other Maori and red hair. People often assumed it was a result of intermarriage in particular to Welsh and Irish immigrants but in fact was a genetic factor found in Maori in that part of the country - not common but pre-dating the first European arrivals. I knew some (not the pre-European ones I missed them by a couple of years).

White people are not white,white is a lack of colour and therefore most "white"

people are a peculiar shade of some other colour.I don't know any living thing having brown blood,maybe green or blue (like myself :D)

Wrong again Grahame. White is a combination of all primary colours, black is the abscence of colour. I remember first learning that when learning the colours of the rainbow at primary school (ROYGBIV) and then later in more detail in physics at secondary school. The colour reflected by an object depends on which rays from the spectrum it absorbs and which ones it reflects based on their varying wave lengths. If it reflects the lot it is white, if it absorbs the lot & reflects nothing then it is black.

If you stab people they all spill red blood and their s**t stinks the same and everyone in the graveyard all vote the same. I don't plan to stab anyone and I hope we keep on voting differently from each other for a while yet.

Wrong again Grahame. White is a combination of all primary colours, black is the abscence of colour. I remember first learning that when learning the colours of the rainbow at primary school (ROYGBIV) and then later in more detail in physics at secondary school. The colour reflected by an object depends on which rays from the spectrum it absorbs and which ones it reflects based on their varying wave lengths. If it reflects the lot it is white, if it absorbs the lot & reflects nothing then it is black.

If you stab people they all spill red blood and their s**t stinks the same and everyone in the graveyard all vote the same. I don't plan to stab anyone and I hope we keep on voting differently from each other for a while yet.

No,no,no,Phil - I'm afraid that you are POSSIBLY in the wrong (white and black has been the subject of many debates

for many years)

Most opinions have White as being a lack of colour and black having a lack of light.

To quote Collin's dictionary :-

Having no hue,owing to the reflection of all or most all of incident light.

and black:-

Having no hue,due to the absorption of all or almost all incident light.

BTW there are so many variations on this subject I don't think we are qualified to arrive at a definite conclusion. :D

I blame God...

For someone so all-powerful and unerring, He sure did a good job with humanity, didn't He?

Couldn't even make us all the same colour!

]

Not to mention the indecision she (or was it he?) displayed with zebra's where she (or was it he?) couldn't even make up her (or was it his?) mind.

All this just reinforces the view that we conveniently created God in our own image.

Not to mention the indecision she (or was it he?) displayed with zebra's where she (or was it he?) couldn't even make up her (or was it his?) mind.

All this just reinforces the view that we conveniently created God in our own image.

Do you mean the debate over white with black stripes or black with white stripes? :D

..a Wikipedia link http://yomi.mobi/egate/Parliamentarians_for_Global_Action/a ..and in case you miss, or weren't going to find or click the link down at the Foot of this linkpage...in "Catagories"., http://yomi.mobi/egate/Category%3AWorld_government/a :e:

..off Google's tiers...'bout 5-in, a link on Ross Robertson LAB http://www.parliament.nz/en-NZ/MPP/MPs/MPs/2/b/5/49MP2301-Robertson-Ross.htm

..don't worry., Ross ain't 'special'...there've been a Stack of pollies in this outfit...possibly unsurprisingly to you once you've had a wander'n'Ponder...on these links that Do for you...what our fourth estate Won't., . ."Savy!"

Spot the conference held here in Wgtn a few years ago., Very newsworthy I'd've thought :e: . ...not a sausage

..25/11/o9 . . double agent Pitafull Sharples and mascot-motherMaori..Teriana terrafirma Turia . . .have ridden the trojan horse "#1 MAORI PARTY"..full of running knocking over any other just passages in the Race for Urgency, ..urgency to sign over our sovereignty to be the first into big-business's communist Global Village of global governance. [2ndClick in th'Quote]..as the guise of the passed under Urgency Emissions trading Scheme, came into law this afternoon.:mad:

..i've tried half-a-dozen times or more..th'last 3days since the Lord Monckton link http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=4998 ..was posted, to get onto RadioLIVE and get things aired etc., and i've been unabled from doing so. T.V.One's various anals Also playing the ignore / cutt off game., . .i also e-mailed Alan Jones through his 2GB station facility., too early yet for reply..given what he's saying as the latest on his site.."flooded with e-mails et al".

We've been fitted Up with this entry once again, as new-order guinea pigs., . .you've ensured a hell-life for most grandchildren and theirs, ALL the WHILE you 'all' knew "it" was going on and being set up.

How come i was able over a year ago, http://www.North Canterbury.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10746 ..to corroborate matter-of-factly, the governance forecast, the conn of global warming, And the weather manipulation to 'ensure-the-Sale', All in the first post i made on that threadpost!

...because i already knew of all their plans and moves made 30'n'20yrs ago That's why..plus the small:tcheek: fact that i had been Sent the 'weather-war' file.:rolleyes:

(noted in general national news, is evidence of recent Wave manipulation., i.e., electro-magnetic sonic booms with associated fireballs., . .Whale strandings,..electro-magnetically 'flummoxed' for sonar of sense.:mad: . . just need some dog attacks now to:tcheek: ..top-it-off:e: . . .even If these current gales were a late Equinox, they're ferocious at times locally., and 'hot'!)

..so There "it" IS! . . the crumby flunkie parties of A.C.T. and the so-called "MAORI"party, have enabled big-business's NATIONALparty, to throw us to their insider traded brotherwolves....soon ready to ripp'n'tear like Timber ones:mad: . .:e:_:(

..All ominously enabled by the entire fourth-estate pretending out the 3-monkeys act of not Seeing any evil., nor Hearing of any, and so very conveniently, not Speaking of any., pretending they don't know of what's written in the TREATY., . .just another jet-set of career commies all probuscussed into the Trough of the society and Public though!of Course!

.."disGRACES!..th'Lot of you:n: "