RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Pondarosa Miss....

Outstanding run yesterday. $5 for the Wellington Cup a touch skinny before, not now. Have respect for some of her rivals - Graphic in particular, Perfect Start, Tempelten, Awesome Goal. Shes a standout though. Amazing for connections to be racing as she is.

It was a good run as she wanted to lay out coming round the bend and all the way down the straight otherwise she would have finished second.

I would think they may have two options to consider heading to Trentham, either the Thorndon Mile or the Cup.

Hmm...

Article posted on NZTR website yesterday afternoon at 3:49 (still there) that she has been scratched from the Wellington Cup in preference for the Thorndon Mile and she is in great order.

TAB didn't have her in their Thorndon Mile Futures market yesterday.

This morning they have included her showing as (N/N) and showing her as scratched.

Sold??????

I wouldlike nothing more than to see Danny Hain in the winners circle today on PONDEROSA MISS and with the track conditions it may happen.

What i don't want to see happen is Ponderosa Miss run down the track which may also happen''and go from one of our most promising horses to an also ran.

Iwould be interested to know what the connections future plans are for this mare.

How awesome to see a fairy tale come true.   :)

Shame I did the TAB survey this morning.  If I'd waited I could have flung in comments about aftermath of races et cetera.  Nah, they would have ignored me. 

Huge congratulations to connections, great ride Daniel (you must be chuffed) and a big pat and hug for Pondarosa Miss.  

Guest 2Admin2

Time to sack the OZZIE's that are taking NZ racing down.

Congratulations to all the connections on the G1 win for their smart mare. NGH made the statement after riding her for the first time at Te Rapa last December that she was a G1 horse.

She pulled up from the Thorndon Mile in January with a cough and subsequent nasal discharge and had this through to the Auckland Cup. To run third in the Auckland Cup was a huge run under such circumstances.

With the break of one month from the Cup to the Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes they were able to treat her with anti-biotics etc and get her right. Her run in that race showed she was back to where she should be. If she had struck a slow track in the Breeders....well what could have been.

I rang NGH this morning as he was heading to Ellerslie and said "You retired two weeks early, she has got her conditions today, she will win." He was philosophical and I'm sure would have been the first to congratulate everyone today including Daniel. With 52kgs on a slow track she looked a huge chance and she did herself proud. Five starts on a slow track now for four wins and a third and at Ellerslie seven starts for three wins and three placings. $14.00 great.

Trackside crossing immediately to Sydney as they pulled up was poor. Today was a very good G1 Easter field and the last G1 race for the season, coverage should have stayed at Ellerslie for the immediate aftermath.

I gather they went back later which I missed. I assume they may give her a run in the Travis Stakes at Te Rapa.

Again, congratulations on a super win to all involved.

So pleased for Daniel and the connections.High Chaparral had three winners in N.Z. yesterday.Also sire of impressive Randwick winner Hi World.Underlines what a loss he has been.

Quite the fairytale result really (except for NGH I guess - but the master has had his share over the years ...).  It wasn't where my money was but I was cheering her on and really happy to see her win anyway! - when that happens - you know you've seen something a bit special.

Re High Chaps - I think ppl had somewhat forgotten them - even before the sire himself was lost.  There will be more good ones to emerge - esp from Aussie - and many will go on performing as older horses.  I also hazard a guess he's going to prove a fine broodmare sire ...

Kudos to Daniel Hain for his ride on the mare, and to Peter too for having the confidence to put him on.

Making that early move before the turn to get to the outside rail first no doubt won him the race.

The run of Kawi was massive and there is no doubt if he had been where she was the result is probably different.

Wonderful result for all concerned however. Given what she has been through, a G1 a just reward...

And my Bank Manager is a lot happier today too.......;)

Waikato Times reports that Ponderosa Miss will line up Saturday at Te Rapa in the Group11 Travis Stakes,then spell for 4/5 weeks and then prepare for the Melbourne Cup.

Not sure what to make of lining up on Saturday at Te Rapa but i suppose the money's up so they are going to have a crack.

No problem with that Crusty, she has won there before and must have come through the race in top order for them to go on.

A bit of moisture around and she must be another big show.....haven't seen field/weights yet of course.....;)

The Travis Stakes was her immediate aim following the Thoroughbred Breeder Stakes at Te Aroha but she bounced through the Te Aroha run so well that the Easter Handicap became an after thought and look what happened. G1 winning mare now.

She has also come through Saturday's race so well that she will line up in the Travis.

Melbourne in the Spring,  following a first up run in the Foxbridge and a run or two at Hastings.

TRAVIS STAKES ... A BRIDGE TO FAR despite D Hollinshead being quoted as saying ''this is the first time she has been 100%''''

Luck may have played a part in it[3 wide] however her finishing position,especially over 2000metres indicates to me that the Travis may have been one too many trips to the well.

As usual, the secretary will disown any knowledge of my comments.