RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lowdown

Dogzone

What are people's thoughts on Dogzone? I must say it disappoints me, now I'm conscious of the fact that I could be labeled the new 'mr negative' but I'm just saying how I feel. People will say 'it's better than no nz dog show' but 'better than nothing' should not be the standard we aim for. It's not informative (I can watch replays anytime). It's not entertaining (no humor) in fact at times its awkward to watch. Pete is just good for 1 liners about nothingness and Elizabeth well shes 'a big fan' of everything and is green and awkward in her presenting. If 'on the bunny' was 10/10 id give this show a 2. To improve Id suggest more trainer profile segments but really I cant see it turning around and becoming a 'must watch' anytime soon. I get the feeling that Roso was there lastnight to try and breath some life into it with his knowledge and superior presenting skills. Goodluck to all involved, can only hope that it improves with time.

From what i'v seen, can't say i disagree with your sumation. Peter is the wrong person. Adds nothing, and looks awkward. His body language says it all. Maybe Peter Fenermor, forgive the spelling if i'v spelt name wrong, would have been better for the role.

From what i'v seen, can't say i disagree with your sumation. Peter is the wrong person. Adds nothing, and looks awkward. His body language says it all. Maybe Peter Fenermor, forgive the spelling if i'v spelt name wrong, would have been better for the role.

Brian Martin would be the person to get my weekly attention & he has plenty of experience on the fuzzy end of a microphone.

In my opinion, he has a true & genuine interest as well as a vast understanding of greyhound racing. He's full of personality and would be able to express his thought more openly, without the overhang of being employed for numerous other roles as well within the NZRB.

What i do not undetstand about gap zone is why are they promoting gap on the show if the only people that actualy watch it are greyhound people, i stopped watching it after the second show because it is boring

Do you ever actually have anything positive to say on here?

If you don't like the show then don't watch it and/or come on here and moan, you seem to have a problem with GAP and or anything to do with rehoming dogs going by your previous comments, I love the fact they promote it on their show and I know a few people that aren't dog people that watch it and like to see what happens to dogs once they are finished racing.

Yes there are things that can be worked on, but like anything new it will get better and better the longer it continues.

DOGZONE

Once again we have idiots within that know it all.

"On the Bunny" was canned. 

Other two codes would like this canned too, but they don't have to do anything as our own people

will end up getting this show canned.

If you don't like "DOGZONE"  don't look at it.

Regards

Robin

I haave nothing against gap, every dog deserves the right to retire

And dont worry, i dont watch gapzone either, i only commented because the forum asked for our honest opinion on the show and i feel that it isnt really dilevering what it should be

So what's your suggestions on how to improve it then? How do you feel the show format should be? Who do you think should be hosting it? 

Great show last night, I'm disappointed it was the last one for the year because it really seemed that Liz and Peter had settled in and the confidence was running high, hopefully after the xmas break they can come back just as good. I thought Ron did a great job, his suggestion about having a workshop for young/new comer trainers with them hosted by the likes of Dave Fahey, Ray Adcock etc was brilliant, I really wish these were around when I got into training as I don't come from a family associated with greyhound racing in anyway so had to learn from books and asking questions etc.

Well we're well in to season two of Dogzone now I feel it has improved immensely over last season. Well done Peter, Liz & the entire team.

The interviews have seemed to be more relevant to what's going on right now & still balanced with the good ole days.

GAP has lost its premier position within the show & while I feel it was good free advertisement for GAP, I don't feel as though anyone who might be considering adopting a greyhound (and unaware of GAP) would be very likely to watching Dogzone to become aware.

Gone are the "Trainers Tips". Another big plus in my opinion. Last season I felt it was a waste of the last third of the show. How could a trainer honestly tip out their charge for the upcoming Sunday Manukau meeting when they don't even know if it had been selected to a field at the time?